BajaNomad

another forum topic?

BajaBlanca - 11-7-2013 at 05:23 PM

Dear Mr. Administrator:

Hi! I was just wondering if it would be possible or even disireable on your part to have a separate topic heading for Baja Medical Issues/concerns ?

Reason being, Les and I are really in an extremely remote part of Baja. And it seems that in the past 2 years, as Les is older and seemingly has more health issues - I have more health questions! It isn't like I can swing over to a neighbor's house or even a doctor friend's house and ask pertinent, real life, down to earth information. And I am positive there are enough elders present on this forum, who can answer almost any dilemma I can conjure up.

In the past, I have posted anyways and have gotten the best advice I could have hoped for... but I felt a bit guilty doing it since it isn't a specific topic.

Whattdyathink? and Thanks for the great service you provide.

tjsue - 11-7-2013 at 06:45 PM

I think it's a good idea!

DENNIS - 11-7-2013 at 06:59 PM

Good idea, Blanca. You're always thinking of the best for everybody. I appreciate that. Thanks.

schwlind - 11-8-2013 at 06:55 AM

I agree... would be great!... Waddaya say Doug???

[Edited on 11-23-2013 by schwlind]

bajaguy - 11-8-2013 at 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by schwlind
I agree... would be great!... Waddaya say David???

Hahahaha......although David is the cheerleader, Doug owns the board :lol:

redmesa - 11-8-2013 at 07:51 AM

I think it is a very good idea.

BajaBlanca - 11-8-2013 at 10:39 AM

Doug? yahhhh or nahhhhh?

BajaNomad - 11-8-2013 at 03:45 PM

Blanca,

I think you may be right. I'm currently traveling on business and will more fully consider options upon my return.

Thank you for your very kind consideration in putting this idea out there.

:)

BajaBlanca - 11-8-2013 at 04:09 PM

Good answer and have fun on your trip!

;D

BajaNomad - 11-23-2013 at 07:06 AM

Should the forum being proposed be specific to Medical and/or Dental discussions, or have a broader scope - say, of "Health & Wellness"?

What would the forum description say? Any suggestions?

Thank you for any input.

EnsenadaDr - 11-23-2013 at 07:13 AM

I agree as well. But it is time consuming for Doug to go through all of the posts concerning medical issues and then flag them to be placed in the new topic forum. but well worth the effort for the members, new and established. Especially IMSS, Seguro popular, other insurances such as lifeflight, Medivac, alternative health treatments, curanderos, you get the idea.

Russ - 11-23-2013 at 07:35 AM

Health & Wellness

schwlind - 11-23-2013 at 07:44 AM

I like Health and Wellness... although that is a very broad topic...

DENNIS - 11-23-2013 at 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
But it is time consuming for Doug to go through all of the posts concerning medical issues and then flag them to be placed in the new topic forum. but well worth the effort for the members, new and established.

Doug won't have time to do anything like that, but the members will. After the forum is created, we can move past topics into the forum as we stumble across them in our travels throughout the site. :light:

DENNIS - 11-23-2013 at 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by schwlind
I like Health and Wellness... although that is a very broad topic...

Hangover cures to hangnails......health care is a broad issue.

Keri - 11-23-2013 at 09:08 AM

Health & Wellness:bounce:

Ateo - 11-23-2013 at 09:09 AM

I love this idea for a new topic Blanca. Some ideas for the topic name:

Health and Medicine

Healthcare and Medical

Health and Medical

Yes, I know, all similar, but I think this is what it all boils down to -- these two words.

I like Health and Wellness too.....

My favorite is Health and Medicine. If you think about what is posted here the most regarding this topic, the majority fall under "Health and Medicine". Probably the most common is where to get cheap "Medicine".

[Edited on 11-23-2013 by Ateo]

BajaBlanca - 11-23-2013 at 10:16 AM

Baja Health/Medical/Dental

It covers proactive activites promoting health: yoga - tai chi - zumba

It covers any medical questions like mine about sleep apnea

And boy, we all need dental doc names addresses referrals

DENNIS - 11-23-2013 at 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca

And boy, we all need dental doc names addresses referrals

Don't worry. There'll be plenty of them. Everybody has a "best doctor in Mexico" for one reason or another. [lawyer too] :lol:

BajaNomad - 2-3-2014 at 09:06 PM

A Baja health & wellness forum has been established in the special interests forums.

BornFisher - 2-3-2014 at 10:08 PM

Many questions about the border. How about a "Border" forum???

Skipjack Joe - 2-3-2014 at 10:20 PM

For what it's worth:

That was a very good suggestion Blanca.

Aside for the question and answer threads one could create 'sticker' threads that list medical facilities and doctor recommendations along with telephone numbers for each significant location.

BajaLuna - 2-4-2014 at 10:59 AM

Yayyy! The health and wellness forum will be such a great addition, thanks!

another suggestion for a future forum might be... plants of Baja, gardening in Baja... Baja botanicals in general!

just a thought!!

BajaNomad - 2-4-2014 at 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna

another suggestion for a future forum might be... plants of Baja, gardening in Baja... Baja botanicals in general!

Botany? Flora?

willardguy - 2-4-2014 at 08:09 PM

how about a limit on the amount of daily posts? after 10 start dinging the abuser and donate the dough to charity!:?:

willardguy - 2-4-2014 at 08:39 PM

key word "abuser"! :rolleyes:

BajaBlanca - 2-5-2014 at 11:33 AM

Baja Botany / Baja Gardening as a title is a great suggestion!