BajaNomad

8th Annual Baja Nomad Dia de Reyes Toy Drive. January 19, 2014

Pages:  1  

fdt - 11-21-2013 at 10:25 PM

Here we go again, the 8th year of providing toys for some of the less fortunate children in Baja California, thanks to the support of great people like the BajaNomads.
The 8th Annual Baja Nomad Dia de Reyes Toy drive will be on January 19th.
here are links to past events for those who would like to know a bit more of what goes on with this event.
1st Toy Drive http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=21378#pid1972...

2nd Toy Drive http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=28406#pid2889...

3rd Toy Drive http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=35415#pid3822...

4th Toy Drive http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=42767#pid4774...

5th Toy Drive, http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=49503

6th Toy Drive, http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=56714#pid6862...

7th Toy Drive, http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=64381#pid7854...

Last years event was huge, over 1,200 children. There are so many children that don't receive gifts for neither Christmas or Dia de Reyes that we would like to be able to provide for them all, unfortunately we must limit the number of children that are recipients for this event as it is not like all others we have experienced wer random toys are just handed to random kids, no, we get the name and age of each and every child, and his or her gift is gift wrapped and personalized with his/her name. There are a few that because of size are not totally wrapped (like bikes or really big stuffed teddy bears ) but they all have the name of a specific child.
Food, drinks and transportation are provided for all the kids and their accompanying adults and we would love for you to join us for this event as it is something worth experiencing.

Again our good friends at BajaBound Insurance are allowing us to use their address as drop off location of were gifts or donations can be sent

The information is:
Toy Drive c/o Baja Bound Insurance Services, Inc.
750 11th Avenue #101
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone (619) 702-4292

If you would like to donate toys or food but do not know what to get or can not send it, there is a Paypal account, fernando@vivabajacalifornia.com

I sure hope more of you can join us this year and for that Mexicoach is once again providing free transportation.

Children's ages range from 4 to 15, both boys and girls. We don't request expensive toys or gifts, what is always a big hit are soccer, basket and volley balls, bikes, toy trucks and cars and of course dolls.
I'll have more information as it becomes available but we'd like to start with the toy collection. We are a couple of days short of 2 months from the event.

Once again, thank you so so much in advance for helping to make this event possible. De antemano, muchisisisimas gracias.
Fernando Garcia y familia.

[Edited on 11-22-2013 by fdt]

[Edited on 11-22-2013 by fdt]

BajaNomad - 11-22-2013 at 07:56 AM

Really appreciative of both BajaBound Insurance and Mexicoach for their support in this event. The logistical support they supply is just so incredibly HUGE!

And that's under-stating it a bit.

wilderone - 11-22-2013 at 08:15 AM

Is the location for the party known?
Such a wonderful event - so many happy smiles.
And I know it's 2 months away, but is Bajabound ready to accept donations? I have some toys that are taking up closet space!

fdt - 11-22-2013 at 10:45 AM

BajaBound is ready! They already received 3 bikes from the all time secret bike donor! So the "Contrabando hormiga starts".

fdt - 11-22-2013 at 10:50 AM

Oh BTW there is a facebook fan page for the toy drive
https://www.facebook.com/DiaDeReyesToyDrive?ref=hl

BajaBlanca - 11-22-2013 at 03:00 PM

Great that we are starting earlier this year! I have already sent some toys NORTH and they will soon be dropped off!

Bikes ... wow .... some kids are going to be besides themselves !

fdt - 11-23-2013 at 09:36 AM

Thank you Blanca

fdt - 11-23-2013 at 12:40 PM

For those that don't know what to send, Toys"R"Us has egift cards http://www.toysrus.com/eGiftcard/index.jsp

fdt - 11-24-2013 at 02:50 AM

There are Black Friday deals on toys also
http://www.target.com/c/toys/-/N-5xtb0?ddPage=dailydeals&...

http://blackfriday.com/articles/728-toys-r-us-pre-black-frid...

http://www.walmart.com/cp/1099263?povid=cat1099264-env999999...

Even Amazon.com has Black Friday Toy Deals
http://www.amazon.com/Toys-Holiday-Event/b?ie=UTF8&node=...

BajaBlanca - 11-24-2013 at 12:07 PM

I cant tell you how much easier it is to start this process early!

fdt - 11-24-2013 at 06:40 PM

Yes, and there are many special deals going on right now.

fdt - 11-27-2013 at 11:00 AM

Red Hot Deals at Toys R Us starting early!!!

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=16289696&am...

fdt - 11-28-2013 at 07:58 AM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

CaboMagic - 11-29-2013 at 09:15 PM

Ferna and family - we will be sending but will wait until after xmas to get more mileage on the dinero.

Blessings and prayers ~ T&L

fdt - 11-30-2013 at 11:11 AM

Thank you

woody with a view - 11-30-2013 at 11:53 AM

We're in again this year. Give me a week or two as the 1st of the month is pretty tight.

Mas Olas!

fdt - 12-2-2013 at 12:52 AM

Thank's Woody

BajaGeoff - 12-4-2013 at 10:08 AM

Three bikes and three soccer balls delivered to the Baja Bound office so far....

fdt - 12-4-2013 at 11:29 AM

That's great news. It will start picking up soon!

fdt - 12-6-2013 at 03:42 PM

Stoped by BajaBound Insurance yesterday to pick up a couple of bikes donated by our all time bike donor.
Geoff (the big kid there) couldn't resist testing one out :lol:

[Edited on 1-7-2014 by BajaNomad]

fdt - 12-8-2013 at 02:33 PM

I hope many of you can join us for this toy drive, remember it is a holiday weekend, Martin Luther King Jr. birthday.

sd - 12-8-2013 at 04:30 PM

I hope to join you this year Fernando. I have had a great experience attending several of these events. My daughter Sara and her boyfriend Jesse enjoyed it also a couple of years ago when they attended.

I encourage everyone who can to join us. I have met Fernando, Doug and family (Baja Nomad), Geoff from Baja Bound Insurance, Ken who so kindly has created videos of these events, his friend Chris, Jose, and so many others. Mexicoach has fantastic buses and provides us with great area highlights along the way.

The kids have always been very appreciative of all the support that Baja Nomads provide. It is a humbling experience!

I commit to providing gifts for 20 children, and will deliver to Baja Bound this month.

Scot

fdt - 12-9-2013 at 02:36 PM

Thank you Scot. We're looking forward to seeing you and many others for this years toy drive.

fdt - 12-10-2013 at 10:42 PM

We received the first Paypal donation today to help with the toy drive. $50.00, thank you so, so much.
Gift cards are another way to give to the toy drive.

If you would like to send or deliver toys in the US, the address is:
750 11th Avenue #101
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone (619) 702-4292

If you don't know what to send, the Paypal acct we have is fernando@vivabajacalifornia.com

What is always a hit with the kids are soccer balls, basketballs, volleyballs

BajaGeoff - 12-12-2013 at 11:36 AM

Another toy delivery came to the office yesterday! Go Nomads go!

BajaGeoff - 12-12-2013 at 03:48 PM

Scot just delivered a bunch of toys!

Thank you Scot and thank you Wilderone for the delivery yesterday!

fdt - 12-13-2013 at 11:20 AM

Thank you sd

fdt - 12-20-2013 at 12:55 AM

We're only a month away from the Toy Drive and there are already many specials out there for toys.
It's your gifts and donations that make this event possible.
The toy drive is January 19th

woody with a view - 12-22-2013 at 10:39 AM

Mas Olas sent you a Paypal donation.

fdt - 12-22-2013 at 11:58 AM

Thank you so much, as always.

fdt - 12-22-2013 at 11:33 PM

How many Baja Nomads are attending this year?

woody with a view - 12-23-2013 at 03:13 AM

we will try our best, again!

sd - 12-23-2013 at 03:41 AM

I plan to be there Fernando. I was sharing Baja stories with some friends and one or two of them want to join us also.

It's a great event to attend.

Scot

woody with a view - 12-24-2013 at 04:50 PM

Twas the night before Christmas!

It's a perfect time to find something to donate to the cause! And the after Xmas sales will be epic!

fdt - 12-25-2013 at 11:11 PM

The after Christmas sales start now!:yes:

BajaNomad - 12-26-2013 at 05:47 PM

If you can help, that would be great. We have a FB page as well with the photos we have from each of the previous events:

https://www.facebook.com/DiaDeReyesToyDrive

Here's one from last year:

fdt - 12-26-2013 at 10:03 PM

The main idea of doing the event for Dia de Reyes as opposed to Christmas is so people interested in donating can take advantage of the after Christmas prices on toys, also for those unwanted or under sized or oversized toys that someone received and won't be using, they can send them for the toy drive.

BajaNomad - 12-26-2013 at 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
...for those unwanted or under sized or oversized toys that someone received and won't be using, they can send them for the toy drive.

http://www.becomingminimalist.com

;D

BajaNomad - 12-27-2013 at 01:54 PM

Soccer balls have been extremely popular each year.......

;)

[Edited on 12-27-2013 by BajaNomad]

BajaNomad - 12-27-2013 at 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Ok, Now we have but only 3 weeks left to the event.
Remember, we can't bring all the toys down from Baja Bound in one trip, we have to (smugle) them into México a few at a time and that takes a lot, it's called contrabando hormiga, so now is when we need to really start receiving toys.
If you want to help and don't know what to buy, we need a lot of wrapping paper and tape to go with it, even those leftover rolls you have can help. We've used ToysRUs egift cards for that in the past.
Once again, Baja Bound is were the drop off for toys and donations is, the information is:

750 11th Avenue #101
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone (619) 702-4292

You can send a donation also via Paypal, the email is fernando@vivabajacalifornia.com

saludos y gracias
Fernando

From last year:

More pictures here:

https://www.facebook.com/DiaDeReyesToyDrive

[Edited on 12-27-2013 by BajaNomad]

fdt - 12-28-2013 at 05:42 AM

Ok, Now we have but only 3 weeks left to the event.
Remember, we can't bring all the toys down from Baja Bound in one trip, we have to (smugle) them into México a few at a time and that takes a lot, it's called contrabando hormiga, so now is when we need to really start receiving toys.
If you want to help and don't know what to buy, we need a lot of wrapping paper and tape to go with it, even those leftover rolls you have can help. We've used ToysRUs egift cards for that in the past.
Once again, Baja Bound is were the drop off for toys and donations is, the information is:

750 11th Avenue #101
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone (619) 702-4292

You can send a donation also via Paypal, the email is fernando@vivabajacalifornia.com

saludos y gracias
Fernando

BajaNomad - 12-29-2013 at 11:45 AM

From January, 2011:

More photos at:

http://www.facebook.com/DiaDeReyesToyDrive

CaboMagic - 12-29-2013 at 02:27 PM

Great work Ferna and Co ..
Santa sending some things to the BajaBound SD addy manana.
Every best wish to all, T&L

fdt - 12-29-2013 at 05:22 PM

Thank you again Tommy and Lori

[Edited on 12-30-2013 by BajaNomad]

woody with a view - 12-31-2013 at 06:33 AM

this is a great cause! we've been giving to it for years now. FDT is a hero to the kids of TJ and is setting a great example for all of us to follow.

Give early and give often!!!

[Edited on 1-2-2014 by woody with a view]

fdt - 1-2-2014 at 07:00 AM

The Big Sales are going on now.
This from Toys R Us;

BajaGeoff - 1-2-2014 at 12:24 PM

We just got a nice delivery of toys to the Baja Bound office. Much thanks to "Super Secret Santa" for his continued support of the toy drive!

fdt - 1-3-2014 at 06:45 AM

We need toys! We have enough soccer balls now, thank you secret santa. We need dolls, toy trucks and toy cars and lots of wrapping paper.
Only 2 weeks left.

Ford - 1-3-2014 at 11:02 AM

We have got quite a bit of stuff headed your way! I will try and get it shipped this weekend...Should get to you by tuesday.
I have also recruited a friend from LA and her mom works at Mattel so she is loading up as well! I will have her send it soon!

sd - 1-3-2014 at 06:12 PM

Hi Fernando,

Happy to report that my daughter Sara is flying in from Denver to join us. She and Jesse joined us a couple of years ago and the day was a great experience for them.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and thanks to all for your participation!

Scot

fdt - 1-3-2014 at 09:29 PM

Thank you Ford.
Thank you Scot (sd)

Toys, toys, toys.

Did I mention that we have enough soccer balls? about 500 of them.
Dolls, cars, tonkas, etc....

woody with a view - 1-3-2014 at 09:31 PM

and wrapping paper. short of that, i'm sure a few $$$'s would be beneficial! C'MON folks, $20 won't kill ya.....

fdt - 1-3-2014 at 09:33 PM

Yes, we need lots of wrapping paper.

CaboMagic - 1-3-2014 at 09:45 PM

Hi Ferna - the usps package arrived at Bajabound today and has wrapping paper :-) peace ~ Lori

fdt - 1-3-2014 at 09:55 PM

Thank you Team Cabo Magic!

fdt - 1-4-2014 at 11:38 AM

Only 2 weeks left, please help.

If you are far away, you can send toys to Baja Bound Insurance, at "Toy Drive c/o Baja Bound Insurance Services, Inc."
750 11th Avenue #101
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone (619) 702-4292

If you would like to donate toys or food but do not know what to get, there is a Paypal account, fernando@vivabajacalifornia.com

Also if you are in the Rosarito area and want to donate, the drop of location there is Cindy's Mexican Insurance, they are conveniently located on the main Blvd, at the Rosarito Beach Hotel Shopping Center
Blvd Benito Juarez #31, Suite 9
Phone (661) 612-2641

Note; We have a lot of soccer balls, we now need toys, bikes, dolls, etc.

[Edited on 1-5-2014 by BajaNomad]

fdt - 1-4-2014 at 10:36 PM

Yes, only 2 weeks left to receive gifts, smuggle them all across the border, gift wrapp each one..............

woody with a view - 1-4-2014 at 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Only 2 weeks left, please help.

If you would like to donate toys or food but do not know what to get, there is a Paypal account, fernando@vivabajacalifornia.com

it takes 5 entire minutes to sign up for a Paypal account, depending on your typing skills. it is the BEST way to send money WORLDWIDE.

do it, the kids in TJ will thank you for your efforts....:saint:

BajaBlanca - 1-5-2014 at 11:22 AM

only two weeks left ! we sent our donation a while ago ..... I wish I had remembered about wrapping paper, but I won't forget for next year!

fdt - 1-5-2014 at 11:42 PM

What is also always a hit are Barbie dolls for little girls, those are not expensive. For the early teen girls, make up kits are great, maybe hair styling kits or items for young teen girls.
Toy trucks and cars for the little boys and Bicycles, bicycles, bicycles... for the teen boys.

fdt - 1-6-2014 at 01:47 PM

This is the final stretch, the toy drive is on Sunday January 19, please help us make it possible.

There are 2 drop off locations, one in San Diego, Baja Bound Insurance, and you can send toys to"Toy Drive c/o Baja Bound Insurance Services, Inc."
750 11th Avenue #101
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone (619) 702-4292

Also if you are in the Rosarito area and want to donate, the drop of location there is Cindy's Mexican Insurance, they are conveniently located on the main Blvd, at the Rosarito Beach Hotel Shopping Center
Blvd Benito Juarez #31, Suite 9
Phone (661) 612-2641

Note; We have a lot of soccer balls, we now need toys, bikes, dolls, etc.

It seemed like a good idea at the time

fdt - 1-7-2014 at 11:24 AM

Yesterday was January 6th, officially “Dia de Reyes” and many, many people bring gifts from the USA to México for friends, family, orphanages, shelters were abandoned children live and more. They cross the border with no problems.
Well, we received for the Baja Nomad Dia de Reyes Toy Drive a large donation of soccer balls from a secret santa. You have all probably noticed that I’ve been posting that we have enough soccer balls. It was a shipment of 480 soccer balls.
The good idea (I had) was to go to Baja Bound and get them all and since it is Dia de Reyes, just load them up in the family van and bring them across all at once.
What can go wrong? We (the girls and I) just drive across with all those soccer balls and if we get a red light, well we just say the truth, it’s a donation for Dia de Reyes and done.
Well, we went to BajaBound, loaded up the van with the soccer balls and headed south towards Good Old México. As we crossed, we got a Green Light, Wow, Great! This is something we have never done, every year we do the “Contrabando Hormiga” that is when we smuggle gifts across in small quantities by making many trips, getting friends involved in getting toys across in small quantities. This is probably the most time consuming part of all the toy drive, getting the toys to México.
After getting the green light we continued but we got flagged down by one of the Mexican customs agents and pulled to a secondary inspection and to make this story shorter, even thou there were 3 of us, it was just way to many balls so after 3 hours there they confiscated the balls and our van and we were sent on foot.
They said that the balls are confiscated; I need to pay the fine for the merchandise that they figured at a value of $35 pesos each X 482 = $16,870. 15% IGI tax $2,530.00 + 16% IVA tax $3,104.00 for a total of $5,634 pesos in taxes. Above that there is a fine to get the car back which they did not know the amount, I will have to go to Otay so they can tell me but they estimated about $5,000 pesos.
So, we are without a car and secret santa, I am so, so sorry we lost the soccer balls. This is what really hurts or were I feel terrible, because of the gifts that were lost. As for the car, well they gave me 10 days to pay and I can’t afford that so we will start walking.
I asked the girls if maybe we shouldn’t do a toy drive and they both gave me a mean look and said I was crazy, we have to do a toy drive. Danielle said that there is a silver lining here; we just don’t know what it is yet.
I guess we need soccer balls again.

David K - 1-7-2014 at 11:28 AM

OMG Ferna, that is terrible... is there not some authority who knows about your program and history of what you have done for so many years that can release your vehicle, at least... if not return the donated soccer balls?

fdt - 1-7-2014 at 11:49 AM

That is what I'm going to do at noon, a friend who has some connections at aduanas is going with me to Otay, better yet I'm going with my friend since I don't have a car :(

BajaGeoff - 1-7-2014 at 12:00 PM

Good luck Ferna! Sorry to hear about this...

fdt - 1-7-2014 at 12:07 PM

Thanks

fdt - 1-7-2014 at 05:51 PM

Well, we're not getting the balls back at this time. We are getting an invoice from secret santa were it shows that the true cost of the balls is much lower than what mexican customs figured so this should bring down the cost of the taxes and fines to about half of what they are asking for. This is only to get the van back. In a separate instance, since the balls are embargoed / confiscated, we are going with a charitable organization and request from the customs administrator that they, customs, donate those balls for the children. this might take a while and will probably not happen by the date of the toy drive but if it works, we will have them for the next event.
I guess that without all this exitement it would be very dull organizing this toy drive

David K - 1-7-2014 at 05:55 PM

You cannot do Santa's work without your van... or sleigh and 8 reindeer!

fdt - 1-7-2014 at 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
You cannot do Santa's work without your van... or sleigh and 8 reindeer!

It's going to be a few days before we can get it back, but in any case there are many kids expecting presents so we can't stop now.

woody with a view - 1-7-2014 at 07:48 PM

SH!TTY of them to do this. i guess that aduana will be handing out soccer balls in his hood for Dia de los Reyes....

fdt - 1-7-2014 at 08:51 PM

Hopefully the plan to ask them to donate the balls will work.

fdt - 1-7-2014 at 08:56 PM

My temporary transportation for now

sd - 1-7-2014 at 09:47 PM

Fernando,

Sara and I feel just sick about these problems, and the loss of your van. We hope it is only a temporary loss. Your hard work has always been admired by us, and we hope your efforts to get this all corrected work in your favor.

Will see you soon, please keep us all updated.

Scot

fdt - 1-8-2014 at 09:51 AM

Hopefuly the lawyer will be able to get the fines lowered now that we have an invoice that shows a lower price on the soccer balls. Thank you Scot.

fdt - 1-8-2014 at 02:12 PM

We still need more toys, no children were confiscated and they are all expecting toys

BajaNomad - 1-8-2014 at 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
...no children were confiscated and they are all expecting...

...and appreciating...

:biggrin:

woody with a view - 1-8-2014 at 09:14 PM

c'mon folks! even a simple paypal donation will help to get the goodies to the needies! read back 4 pages and there are MANY ways to help!!!

it will feel good, i promise!

fdt - 1-9-2014 at 11:18 AM

We only have 7 available delivery days left to do this, Baja Bound is closed saturdays and sundays.
Please wait no more, feel free to send all the toys you have now.

BajaNomad - 1-9-2014 at 05:37 PM

From two years ago.... thank you to Ken Cooke for producing this video:

sd - 1-9-2014 at 06:09 PM

Please give what you can. I have participated several years, and my daughter is flying in from Colorado to attend. She and her boyfriend joined me a couple years ago and agreed that this is an outstanding event to attend and support.

We look forward to seeing everyone and thank you for your support.

Scot and Sara

fdt - 1-10-2014 at 10:31 AM

Looking forward to seeing you both next week

fdt - 1-10-2014 at 04:01 PM

On the trolley to get more toys. Thanks Geoff for bringing them closer.

fdt - 1-11-2014 at 12:02 AM

Only 5 more delivery days left.
No kidding, feel free to generously send gifts now!

Kgryfon - 1-11-2014 at 01:39 AM

The fact that you are on here still looking for donations instead of lamenting the loss of your van says loads about you. How do we donate?

BajaNomad - 1-11-2014 at 04:26 AM

Unwrapped gift (and other) donations can be dropped off - or shipped to:

750 11th Avenue #101
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone (619) 702-4292

There is also a Paypal account: fernando@vivabajacalifornia.com

https://www.facebook.com/DiaDeReyesToyDrive/info

fdt - 1-11-2014 at 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kgryfon
The fact that you are on here still looking for donations instead of lamenting the loss of your van says loads about you. How do we donate?

Simple, it's not about me, it's all about a group of children that are expecting gifts that were promised to them. I'll get the van back, eventually or something else will happen to make up for it and I'll have time for that after next weekend.
Thanks Kgryfon. The information is posted at the beggining of this thread.
Saludos
Fernando

Ford - 1-13-2014 at 09:06 AM

One more box of toys headed your way....You will have it tomorrow (tuesday).
Do you still need more bikes? My friend that is going to join us in tj is coming from LA on Friday, she has a bunch of bikes she is just not sure if its too late. Should we save them for next year?
Cant wait for our first attending of Dia de Reyes toy drive......My wife has already warned me about no whining about missing the Niner game! My buddy coming from LA is a huge Broncos fan......Its about the kids :) !!
Thanks for all you do Fernando, look forward to meeting you.
Ford

fdt - 1-13-2014 at 01:04 PM

At this point we have 13 kids (small ) bikes. More would be great.
Fernando

fdt - 1-13-2014 at 09:42 PM

A promise of 14 more bikes was received today, Great

fdt - 1-14-2014 at 03:33 PM

The toy drive is next sunday and all toys must be gift wrapped and labeled, wich means we need to start gift wrapping by tomorrow. Could you please, if you are planning on sending toys, send them soon? Please?
We can do some shopping for you if you're not sure what to get by simply sending us egift cards from Toys R Us or we have also a Paypal acct. fernando@vivabajacalifornia.com
Gracias

woody with a view - 1-14-2014 at 07:07 PM

cmon Nomads, egift cards are too simple. just walk into a Toys R Us and email the numbers on the card to FDT. virtually painless.....

Ford - 1-14-2014 at 07:23 PM

I dont know what happened with the last box of toys but they didnt pick up until today….which means you will get it tomorrow.
Anyone who went last year, about what time should we expect to head back across border?
Thanks,
Ford

fdt - 1-14-2014 at 08:49 PM

I'll be posting moré precise information on the schedule for sunday but ti will most likely be like every year. You park your car at the last US parking "Border Village" and take the Mexicoach bus to Tijuana and we lea ve from there at about 9:30am for the toy drive. We should be back by 5:30pm

BajaNomad - 1-14-2014 at 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
You park your car at the last US parking "Border Village" and take the Mexicoach bus to Tijuana...

I need to double-check if they still leave from that same place. I was looking at their website, and it looks like they might be using two different stations in San Ysidro. I'll post more before the weekend. The schedule's still the same for the buses, just that the parking/station info might be slightly different than the last few years.

If someone knows for certain - feel free to post.

I'll be calling them to find out.

Thank you!

fdt - 1-15-2014 at 12:16 PM

Got the van back. Now to continue bringing toys.

fdt - 1-16-2014 at 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
cmon Nomads, egift cards are too simple. just walk into a Toys R Us and email the numbers on the card to FDT. virtually painless.....

You can do it online without even having to go to the actual store http://www.toysrus.com/eGiftcard/index.jsp

Or just use Paypal, fernando@vivabajacalifornia.com

BajaNomad - 1-16-2014 at 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
You park your car at the last US parking "Border Village" and take the Mexicoach bus to Tijuana...

I need to double-check if they still leave from that same place. I was looking at their website, and it looks like they might be using two different stations in San Ysidro. I'll post more before the weekend. The schedule's still the same for the buses, just that the parking/station info might be slightly different than the last few years.

If someone knows for certain - feel free to post.

I'll be calling them to find out.

Thank you!

I haven't been able to get a call through to Mexicoach. Their USA# is out-of-service today, and there's no answer at the Tijuana #.

I'm sure I can find them in SY, but it makes it hard to plan something together.

sd - 1-16-2014 at 04:21 PM

Thanks Doug!

Let us know if you hear anything. Sara and I will come to the same parking lot as always. Plan to be there around 8AM.

Scot

[Edited on 1-16-2014 by sd]

David K - 1-16-2014 at 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Got the van back. Now to continue bringing toys.

This is great news Ferna!

BajaNomad - 1-16-2014 at 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sd

Let us know if you hear anything. Sara and I will come to the same parking lot as always. Plan to be there around 8AM.

According to the Mexicoach website (which has changed since last year), they have San Ysidro stations at the UETA Duty Free, and at the trolley station. According to the schedule on the website, the UETA location is the one that goes to the Av Revolucion Mexicoach stop (Tijuana Downtown Station). Says there are buses on the hour every hour starting at 4:00 a.m., and $2 one-way. $3 one-way the opposite direction from Revolucion back to San Ysidro.

http://www.mexicoach.com/schedules

Pages:  1