BajaNomad

8th Annual Baja Nomad Dia de Reyes Toy Drive. January 19, 2014

Pages:  1  2

fdt - 1-16-2014 at 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad

I haven't been able to get a call through to Mexicoach. Their USA# is out-of-service today, and there's no answer at the Tijuana #.

I'm sure I can find them in SY, but it makes it hard to plan something together.

Ok, we've stoped for the day, we'll continue the toy smuggling mańana.
I don't know about the Mexicoach number in the US side but their phone in Tijuana does work, I spoke with them yesterday but I tried calling today and no answer. I will call them tomorrow.
There is no need for you to go to San Ysidro, I will let you know by tomorrow.
As for planning, plan to be at the Border parking by 8 / 8:30am on sunday.

This would be a great time to let me know who all is attending. I know that friends of Ford are attending and they are 4 adults and 4 children, BajaNomad is 2 adults one child (young man). I think sd is he and his daughter but I'm not sure if her boyfriend is attending or any of sd's friends. I know Ford is also attending with his family but I don't know how many you are, I see 3 children on the picture with the toys.
Anyone else? We have plenty of room, there will be plenty of food and it will be a great experience, not counting the tour you will be receiving.
Thank you all for your help and support on this and all past toy drives, I must say, from my point of view, they have all been very different, with this one even having our van confiscated. I guess that when you do anything for so long you run into so many different circumstances and since we're not interested in quitting we must have just gotten stronger.
Fernando

BajaNomad - 1-16-2014 at 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt

BajaNomad is 2 adults one child (young man).

Make that 4 adults and two young men. Also, expecting another couple to meet us at the Mexicoach location on Revolucion.

Mexicoach buses in San Ysidro leave on the hour every hour - wherever they're leaving from, that is.

:biggrin:

fdt - 1-16-2014 at 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad

Make that 4 adults and two young men. Also, expecting another couple to meet us at the Mexicoach location on Revolucion.

Got it!

sd - 1-16-2014 at 11:29 PM

Two of us - Scot and Sara. Jesse stayed in Denver.

Looking forward to Sunday, always very rewarding.

Thanks to everyone for your participation!

fdt - 1-16-2014 at 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sd
Two of us - Scot and Sara. Jesse stayed in Denver.

Looking forward to Sunday, always very rewarding.

Thanks to everyone for your participation!

It will be a great day!

Ford - 1-17-2014 at 08:58 AM

Fernando, Deanna's numbers included us.
We are a total of 4 adults and 4 kids total.
We cant wait!
Thanks again for everything…..
Ford

We are a family of 5 49er fans, and they are a family of 3 Broncos fans….

fdt - 1-17-2014 at 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford
Fernando, Deanna's numbers included us.
We are a total of 4 adults and 4 kids total.
We cant wait!
Thanks again for everything…..
Ford

Got it

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford
We are a family of 5 49er fans, and they are a family of 3 Broncos fans….

I'll make sure we take an official to referee between your group ;D

fdt - 1-17-2014 at 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jorge
It's been a rough runup to the event but your perseverance and it's not about me attitude are exemplary and to be commended. Thanks for all you do!

Thank you Don Jorge
Saludos y gracias
Fernando (not from Toluca)

sd - 1-17-2014 at 10:30 AM

My Daughter Sara recently moved from Long Beach to Denver, but Green Bay is her team. I think she will now be favoring Denver. She will enjoy the banter, looking forward to see everyone.

fdt - 1-17-2014 at 02:12 PM

Mexicoach leaves from Border Station parking lot at 8:30am, please plan to be there by 8am so you can all ride together.
Also, that way you can avoid fights between the Broncos and 49ers coming.

fdt - 1-17-2014 at 10:52 PM

Mexicoach leaves every hour from the Border Station parking in San Ysidro, starting at 4:30am. Take the 8:30 am bus to the Revolucion avenue station and we'll meet you all there.
Mexicoach is NOT sponsoring us this year so we will be renting other buses to go on the toy drive.
It just keeps getting better!

fdt - 1-17-2014 at 11:26 PM

Itinerary: Leave the tourist terminal on Revolucion at 9:30am, go pick up toys, travel to The Pueblo Magico of Tecate in the heart of Baja California to have some of the world renouned " el Mejor Pan de Tecate with some good coffee http://www.elmejorpandetecate.com/ From there we are going to visit the Tecate Comunity Museum "Museo Comunitario de Tecate" https://www.facebook.com/museo.comunitariodetecate.5/about Also home of CAREM http://www.carem.org/index.html At 1PM we will be with the children of the Colonia Hindu at Cerro Azul were we will have lunch with all the children and deliver their gifts and provide everyone with entertainment. Our return will be at about 4:30pm to arrive back in Tijuana at about 5:30pm

EnsenadaDr - 1-18-2014 at 10:39 AM

what time do you think you will be in Tecate at the panaderia?
Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Itinerary: Leave the tourist terminal on Revolucion at 9:30am, go pick up toys, travel to The Pueblo Magico of Tecate in the heart of Baja California to have some of the world renouned " el Mejor Pan de Tecate with some good coffee http://www.elmejorpandetecate.com/ From there we are going to visit the Tecate Comunity Museum "Museo Comunitario de Tecate" https://www.facebook.com/museo.comunitariodetecate.5/about Also home of CAREM http://www.carem.org/index.html At 1PM we will be with the children of the Colonia Hindu at Cerro Azul were we will have lunch with all the children and deliver their gifts and provide everyone with entertainment. Our return will be at about 4:30pm to arrive back in Tijuana at about 5:30pm

fdt - 1-18-2014 at 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
what time do you think you will be in Tecate at the panaderia?

About 10:30 / 10:45am

fdt - 1-18-2014 at 06:48 PM

Anyone else joining us?

woody with a view - 1-18-2014 at 07:01 PM

In spirit, as always!

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to make a kid smile!

tripledigitken - 1-20-2014 at 11:37 AM

Any reports/photos?

David K - 1-20-2014 at 02:23 PM

On Facebook... perhaps BajaNomad or Ferna will post them here too soon?

tripledigitken - 1-20-2014 at 02:44 PM

I hope they do. Not all of us use Facebook.

BajaNomad - 1-20-2014 at 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
I hope they do. Not all of us use Facebook.

Pictures forthcoming, I assure you.

:yes:

tripledigitken - 1-20-2014 at 05:46 PM

Thanks Doug.

fdt - 1-20-2014 at 07:30 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you, once again we did it, 8 consecutive years with this toy drive.
They have all been very different, from the smallest one with 112 children to last years with over 1,200 children, they all have many challanges but in the end it it so, so worth it to see the smiles on these childrens faces. This year we had 254 children.
Here are some pictures of the event and a video is beeing edited for us by a very nice gentelman that came with us just for that purpose, so stay tuned.
Fernando y familia

fdt - 1-20-2014 at 07:32 PM

woody with a view - 1-20-2014 at 07:34 PM

very cool!

fdt - 1-20-2014 at 07:34 PM

fdt - 1-20-2014 at 07:39 PM

fdt - 1-20-2014 at 07:43 PM

fdt - 1-20-2014 at 07:49 PM

fdt - 1-20-2014 at 07:52 PM

The video will be up soon, maybe 10 days or so and as soon as we have it, it will be posted here.
Hope you can join us next year.
Saludos
Fernando

Bajafun777 - 1-20-2014 at 08:02 PM

Fernando looks like they all had a great time. You do a great job putting this on and our church feeds & gifts about 80 adults and 45 kids which takes a lot time but nothing close to what you are doing. So, having experienced it with a much smaller group than yours, I think I know how much energy you have to keep up to complete this task but the smiling laughing kids along with their parents makes it all worth while amigo. You are Blessed for your efforts and caring. You along with all the Nomads that pitched in bring blessing to others that have so little. These gestures will be remembered their whole lives. Take Care & Travel Safe-----"No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

David K - 1-20-2014 at 10:25 PM

Fernando, you are a saint!:saint:

fdt - 1-21-2014 at 12:45 PM

Thank you Bajafun.
And DavidK, thanks but it's about all the BajaNomads that make this event possible, I'm just the vehicle to get the toys to the kids and distribute them in your name. I invite you to join us for one of these toy drives and you will see how, even thou I have the microphone or am the one doing the talking, no one there (exept maybe a handfull of adults) even knows my first name, ohh but they do, all, know that the gifts and food and entertainment are from the Baja Nomads, for that is the name we go by and the only aplauses given at any time during the event go to the Baja Nomads.
Saludos
Fernando

Pages:  1  2