BajaNomad

Free Rent (or almost free)

güero - 11-28-2013 at 12:01 AM

Just going to throw this out there for any possible candidates and all positive support. Negative Nomads can keep it to themselves. Photos and rates will be forthcoming, so please don't ask for them, I'm just fishing at the moment.

I have 2 accommodations (on the same property), in Punta Abreojos. I would like to rent my modern 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house with garage space. I am looking for a manager to live in the new 1 bdr. 2 bathroom apartment. You pay the electric and phone (if you want phone). You would be responsible for general maintenance, minor handyman fixit stuff, and greeting guests. You would also be accommodating to the guests with helping set up fishing trips, desert hikes, diving, snorkeling and whatever they want.

This property can also be rented long term, one or both places. Maybe to a small pilot club. It's only a 5 minute walk from the pista.

Any positive feedback is welcome. I'll be onsite Nov 30 - Dec 7.

Just fishing right now.

Thanks, Güero

DENNIS - 11-28-2013 at 09:07 AM

Sounds like a great opportunity for the right person. [best of luck with that "right" part.]

DianaT - 11-28-2013 at 09:15 AM

I am guessing that it won't take too long to find someone for that manager deal. A good deal indeed.

Your idea about a pilot club or maybe a surf club or fishing club is a good idea. Good luck promoting it and I look forward to seeing the photos!

bajaguy - 11-28-2013 at 09:20 AM

Try putting this up on Baja Bush Pilots and Bloody Decks

Quote:
Originally posted by güero
This property can also be rented long term, one or both places. Maybe to a small pilot club. It's only a 5 minute walk from the pista.

Thanks, Güero

BajaBlanca - 11-28-2013 at 09:48 AM

Hello neighbor, have we met? Where is the house ? We will stop by on the dates you are there just to say hi.

Timo1 - 11-28-2013 at 09:58 AM

Blanca

We were at your place 2 days ago but no one was there

We also tried the house above your B&B

Sorry we missed you

Tim and Barb

güero - 11-28-2013 at 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
Hello neighbor, have we met? Where is the house ? We will stop by on the dates you are there just to say hi.

We've met, I've visited with you and Les numerous times. My house is the first house on the left as you enter Abreojos from La Bocana on the salt flat road. My name is William so most everyone in Abreojos and La Bocana know me as Guillermo or güero. Maybe if I come by your place you can help me with posting a couple photos. Ralph told me how but that was a while back and the memory isn't quite what it used to be.

BajaBlanca - 11-28-2013 at 08:35 PM

Where was I? When we sneak away itis to the new restaurant. Wish we had met Timo!

I would be happy to teach the photo posting, Guero. Come on by!

güero - 11-29-2013 at 09:21 PM

OYE! I'm at the Cowboy in Gerrero Negro. I'll be in Punta Abreojos by noon tomorrow. Be there for at least a week. If anyone wants to come by, I'll have some cold ones on ice.

Any flyboys want to come and take a look, I'll put you up for the the night.

güero

Not being negative ...

durrelllrobert - 11-30-2013 at 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by güero
Just going to throw this out there for any possible candidates and all positive support. Negative Nomads can keep it to themselves. Photos and rates will be forthcoming, so please don't ask for them, I'm just fishing at the moment.

I have 2 accommodations (on the same property), in Punta Abreojos. I would like to rent my modern 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house with garage space. I am looking for a manager to live in the new 1 bdr. 2 bathroom apartment. You pay the electric and phone (if you want phone). You would be responsible for general maintenance, minor handyman fixit stuff, and greeting guests. You would also be accommodating to the guests with helping set up fishing trips, desert hikes, diving, snorkeling and whatever they want.

Just fishing right now.

Thanks, Güero

...but Just be careful
From Baja Nomad's post: ...those boats [that were seized] are not properly licensed for charter... the authorities are catching up with the untold many making money on residential rentals and car rentals too.

plumkell - 12-1-2013 at 10:40 AM

Guero-

Check your U2U.

güero - 12-1-2013 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by plumkell
Guero-

Check your U2U.

Plumkell, I'll get back with you hopefully by tonight. My battery is about done and the comp is going to crash.

güero - 12-2-2013 at 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by plumkell
Guero-

Check your U2U.

plumkell, check your U2U.

gortman - 12-13-2013 at 12:32 PM

Hi!
We are in Baja, and have a van full of fishing gear! We are interested in your proposal, and probably could fit all your criteria. Message me, if this is still in the works.

thanks,
George and Nancy

güero - 12-13-2013 at 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gortman
Hi!
We are in Baja, and have a van full of fishing gear! We are interested in your proposal, and probably could fit all your criteria. Message me, if this is still in the works.

thanks,
George and Nancy

Hola George & Nancy, and welcome.
This project is still in the works. I didn't get everything finished last week so it's not turnkey yet. I plan on going back to the Point around the 2nd weekend of January. Check your U2U.

güero - 2-8-2014 at 09:44 PM

I was back at the Point in January and still didn't get it all done. I'm heading back again tomorrow and still looking for a caretaker. Anyone out there know someone that would want to commit to a year or longer of living in Punta Abreojos? Some English language skill necessary.

I would want someone that could spend at least 44 weeks out of 52. I could fill in during the off weeks if someone was coming to stay at the place.

I'll be there at least 2 weeks if anyone wants to come by for a beer.

Saludos, güero

güero - 2-9-2014 at 08:06 PM

I'm at Punta Abreojos, come on by and say hello.

FREE RENT (option)?

durrelllrobert - 2-9-2014 at 08:33 PM