BajaNomad

Salsipuedes Canyon by Fatbike

Pages:  1  ..  3    5

larryC - 4-14-2014 at 07:35 AM

Mark
If you get south of town about 5 k stop in at Ranco Pacifico and I'll buy you a beer. I'd love to compare stories and hear more about that abandoned camp.
Larry

DosMars - 4-26-2014 at 09:26 PM

Just pulled into the driveway with Mark & the family...!

woody with a view - 4-26-2014 at 09:45 PM

standing by.................

Neal Johns - 4-27-2014 at 08:59 AM

Fantastic adventure, great writing! Many thanks.
Neal

Have you seen this site?

durrelllrobert - 4-27-2014 at 10:48 AM

fat-bike.com/‎

Howdy, fat-bike friends! Sven here. Gomez and I have been working on putting together Fat-Bike Radio to do audio shows and we did a test episode yesterday to work out some details. This was our first shot at making a show and Uncle Gomez and I took it easy to get a feel for what we want to do. We’ve got mad plans! But check it out and let us know what you think.

We’ve got a lot more ideas for content but would like to hear from you and what you’d like to hear.

We updated our Tire Weights Page - http://fat-bike.com/2012/01/tire-weights-for-fat-bikes/

Fat-bike Radio – Show #1 – Click below to Play!

http://fat-bike.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Weekly-Dose-of-Fat-Show-1.mp3

Mark_BC - 4-27-2014 at 11:32 AM

Yes just decompressing now. Sorry Larry, I got a mangy little puppy from Guerrero Negro and she took up all my time, couldn't make it over. Next time.

We had a chance meeting with TW on the gravel south of Gonzaga. He recognized the bike!

Photos to come in a week or so, I got some good ones!

brewer - 3-24-2015 at 10:11 PM

That is one hell of a great story. I'd love to get in there sometime with my boys. Thanks.

[Edited on 3-25-2015 by brewer]

ehall - 3-25-2015 at 04:35 AM

Yes it is. Sucks you in enough to read all 22 pages.

woody with a view - 3-25-2015 at 06:17 AM

yeah, can you imagine? some of those places have prolly never had another human stand in that spot.

Not to worry

durrelllrobert - 3-25-2015 at 10:12 AM

Crossing that arroyo is a piece of cake

Mark_BC - 4-6-2015 at 02:54 PM

Hey good to see people still interested in this. Man I've been itching to get back there ever since. I'm all over Google Earth looking at the terrain in nearby canyons. I'd like to try a south to north trip, maybe go in the same way but then turn left at the junction with Asamblea and then you only need to go about 4 kilometers up and you can see it's pretty easy to go overland into the next canyons to the north, eventually coming out near Calamajue with the help of the packraft over certain sections. Also I'd like to go up Asamblea as far as I can, it looks like there are some neat oases up there. I'd bring a bigger desalinator next time, I wasted too much time pumping last trip. Maybe even hook it up to the bike so I can pedal it while stationary...

Also trying to put together a movie of the trip, but I'm so busy. Just gotta get my priorities straight... It's been a year now so I really need to get that together.

I went back to Baja again in October with Mark (DosMars) for a quick trip to Punta Final and across G Negro. Looked for another puppy but couldn't find one. P. Final was really nice snorkelling. Oh man I got the Baja itch...

larryC - 4-6-2015 at 03:13 PM

Couldn't find a stray dog in Baja. That's a new one. Just camp on any beach and a dog will adopt you.

Bob53 - 4-6-2015 at 05:47 PM

Larry's dog adopted my tires. All of them!

larryC - 4-6-2015 at 06:34 PM

That's his job, no dry tires.

Santiago - 4-6-2015 at 07:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by larryC  
That's his job, no dry tires.

:lol::lol:

güéribo - 4-7-2015 at 09:18 AM

Just read the whole trip report. Thank you so much for taking the time to post such beautiful scenery and wildlife photos, and let us travel along with you. I can't wait until you take another trip--fantastic report. May be the best thing I've ever read on the board.

Bob53 - 4-7-2015 at 01:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
yeah, can you imagine? some of those places have prolly never had another human stand in that spot.

That is the same feeling I had while camping and exploring on Baranof Island, about 50 miles south of Sitka, AK., near the shoreline of Whale Bay.

woody with a view - 4-7-2015 at 03:51 PM

:light:

Bob53 - 4-7-2015 at 04:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
:light:

Ok, that's scary.

woody with a view - 4-7-2015 at 04:31 PM

:biggrin:

better?

Bob53 - 4-7-2015 at 05:11 PM

Not the face, just the thought of you getting an idea in your head. lol

woody with a view - 4-7-2015 at 05:35 PM

:P

DosMars - 5-1-2016 at 02:01 PM

Spoke with Mark not too long ago. He's researching another route into the canyon system from the North.
He's definitely hooked on this area of Baja!

[Edited on 5-1-2016 by DosMars]

4x4abc - 5-1-2016 at 03:17 PM

now that was an epic adventure

I wonder if the bike was really an advantage

Mark_BC - 5-2-2016 at 08:40 AM

Hey guys good to see you are still interested. I meant to finish off the report but never got around to it. I don't know why I said the rest of the trip would be boring in comparison, no way! I'll have to edit that out. DosMars and everyone else came down and we went up to Guadalupe and did a couple days of spearfishing, saw a sperm whale. Also I got a dog! Wow was it 2 years ago, time flies.

I'm still super excited about going back. I have a route in from the north heading from one wash to the next, I figure I'll end up near salsipuedes beach and meet DosMars there after he gets dropped off with a panga, then get picked up again in a few days. Just need to find the time, I'm hoping for Oct nov this year, we'll see how the jobs go.

The bike was definitely necessary. I don't know how you'd lug all that water without it. I just put an order in for a monowalker fatmate for a mountain trip I'm going to do up here in bc this summer where the bush is too thick for a bike but I don't want all the gear on my back. Might work for a desert trip as long as you don't need to bring 40 litres of water with you.

http://monowalker.com/shop/index.php/en/shop/trailer/monowal...

DosMars - 5-2-2016 at 09:38 AM

Very cool Kickstarter product there. Looks like something you should have come up with Mark!
Looks like we're heading down a week later in June if that works better for your schedule. We'll be renting a pang for one day. May head south to scout out the coastline a bit...

[Edited on 5-2-2016 by DosMars]

Fatboy - 12-16-2016 at 08:21 PM

Awesome story!
Awesome pictures!
Awesome Thread!

Mark_BC - 11-24-2017 at 11:31 PM

I have some great news, I'm heading back in in! I have a month off over December / January so I'll drive down in my 4runner, and the plan is to park it at Coco's Corner and then head in from the north and make my way out the south end. Lots to do to prepare! The new bike isn't even finished yet, still needs paint!!!

mtgoat666 - 11-25-2017 at 08:15 AM

Sounds like a most excellent adventure!

I remember your trip story of a few years ago.
Will you post your old trip map and planned trip map?

4x4abc - 11-25-2017 at 01:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mark_BC  
I have some great news, I'm heading back in in! I have a month off over December / January so I'll drive down in my 4runner, and the plan is to park it at Coco's Corner and then head in from the north and make my way out the south end. Lots to do to prepare! The new bike isn't even finished yet, still needs paint!!!

the south end of what?

Mark_BC - 11-25-2017 at 05:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  

the south end of what?

The south end of the Asamblea Mountains. Either meet friends in Bahia Guadalupe or make my way out to the BoLA highway.

David K - 11-25-2017 at 05:38 PM

So good to see you back in action, Mark!

woody with a view - 11-25-2017 at 07:28 PM

Mark good to see you back here! Safe travels!

Mark_BC - 12-26-2017 at 08:26 PM

OK we're heading down tomorrow. Here is the map page. Should be fun but I will have to backtrack out the way I go in because I don't have time to do a full circle and it is too windy this time of year to packraft out, I won't bring it to save space. I'm going in from the north. It looks clear except there is one section that might have a Botica-like cliff. Doesn't look too bad though.

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId...

[Edited on 12-27-2017 by Mark_BC]

Mark_BC - 12-26-2017 at 09:28 PM

I noticed my Photobucket images don't work. You can download this Chrome workaround. Eventually I'll convert them all to Flickr.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-...

joerover - 12-26-2017 at 09:50 PM

Will you take the time to look for pinturas respuestas or cave paintings or other signs of early inhabitants? A fat bike would work good at Montevideo just the other side of the Bola highway

David K - 12-27-2017 at 09:38 AM

I noticed my Photobucket images don't work. You can download this Chrome workaround. Eventually I'll convert them all to Flickr.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-...

Hi Mark, what Photobucket did was stop those with free accounts from posting photos on forums (3rd party hosting). TW, myself, and others simply paid up to the first level that allowed photo sharing here... about $40-50, I recall.

www.postimg.org is a free site and can be easily pre-set for Nomad's 800-pixel max. width, before uploading.

Mark_BC - 12-28-2017 at 08:19 PM

Joerover, I'll keep an eye out. My friends mark and josh want to hike up with me for the first day then turn back.

Davidk, I recall photo bucket wanted $400 minimum which is ridiculous. Maybe they came out with a more reasonable option. I can stomach $40 a year until switch them over away from photobucket.

Mark had some engine problems north of the border and had to get them fixed and he's coming down now so we'll head down from San Felipe tomorrow, only lost a couple days out of it. Im in San Felipe now.

David K - 1-3-2018 at 12:24 PM

Mark, with this app, all your photos from Photobucket are again showing up. See the post today by Jaybo for the link to the app (if you use Chrome or Firefox): http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=88714

Troyeb - 1-3-2018 at 11:52 PM

Hi Mark, me troye from San Felipe/Gonzaga - heard wonderful things about the canyon. I met the ultimate non-pervy guru of the Baja in a sweet man name poncho at the mostincredible spear fishingand shore casting location possible. I caught 11 species there, 70 nmiles remote. You and theother mark should getin touch for details. Nice to have met you.

DosMars - 1-4-2018 at 03:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Troyeb  
Hi Mark, me troye from San Felipe/Gonzaga - heard wonderful things about the canyon. I met the ultimate non-pervy guru of the Baja in a sweet man name poncho at the mostincredible spear fishingand shore casting location possible. I caught 11 species there, 70 nmiles remote. You and theother mark should getin touch for details. Nice to have met you.

Hi Troye, other Mark here!
Great to have met you too. I'm guessing you got chased off the island by the wind? Sory we didn't have time to touch bases before you got back from the water but I turned around and noticed our window was closing as the tide was rising. Sounds like you were able to break in your spear?
Good luck on the rest of your trip. Start a thread here and upload some pictures!

Mark's back at his car. He took a spill and punctured a couple of his water bottles on the way up to the ridge. He decided to head back out rather than head in with less water than he felt comfortable with during the treck up and in.

Mark_BC - 1-13-2018 at 09:35 AM

Hey everyone, ya I decided to turn back at the pass. I was being silly and trying to push my fully laden bike up a steep section and it fell on me and I bashed up my knees. No structural damage but they were grazed and I didn't want to risk infection form the constant chaffing of riding a bike or hiking. Plus I was poking holes in my water bottles. Previously I used my kayak paddles to protect them but I didn't bring the packraft this time and didn't clue into this. I still had plenty of water but if I decided to go in, I'd have to desalinate at the ocean which might have been pushing it in terms of having enough water to get back out.

So there is a nice motorbike trail up to the pass there. Apparently some American guys have ridden the entire route through to Bay of LA. I'd like to try again with boat support and water drops on the beaches,m to avoid needing to desalinate. Also go with other people since it's a bit dicey by myself. With the proper planning you could ride all the way from Calamajue to Bay of LA.

I'll post a trip report when I get organised.

Good to meet you Troy, I'll have to head down further some other time and check out the fishing.

David K - 1-13-2018 at 10:09 AM

Glad you got out safe and decided to not make any risks we all would regret! I would like to know where this pass is.

The motorcycle track you mention sounds like a Bill Nichols track. TMW has posted Google Earth maps showing the Bill Nichols route.

Bill wanted to create routes across Baja that avoided paved roads (and major dirt roads, too). His first famous trail was across Baja from just south of Puertecitos to Highway 1 (and on to the Pacific). Another is what you may have seen, across Baja to L.A. Bay (north of the paved road)?

David K - 10-17-2018 at 02:43 PM

Long time since we heard from Mark...

ehall - 10-18-2018 at 08:22 AM

Wonder how those canyons are after the recent storms

David K - 10-18-2018 at 09:10 AM

More palm trees washed out to the sea!
When my kids and I camped at Punta Candelero (that is where the road north over the two dry lake beds ends) the rock beach there was loaded with flash flood palm debris that probably flushed out of La Asamblea/Salsipuedes system, which empties into the gulf just north of Candelero.

DosMars - 12-11-2020 at 09:28 AM

Had to find this thread to link to on a biking thread on another forum.

When Covid dies down we're going to have to make another expedition to that canyon from the north route you scouted out!

RocketJSquirrel - 12-11-2020 at 04:22 PM

OP realizes, I hope, that Salsipuedes means "Leave if you can". Not an inviting name for an area...

Is that not right?

rich t - 12-12-2020 at 10:02 AM

There is a new bike trail that makes it more accessible, it runs from BOLA to Gonzaga Bay, it is a single track called the palm trail.

David K - 12-12-2020 at 10:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RocketJSquirrel  
OP realizes, I hope, that Salsipuedes means "Leave if you can". Not an inviting name for an area...

Is that not right?

Yes, or "Get out, if you can" as Erle Stanley Gardner said in his 1961 adventure book, 'Hovering Over Baja' where Gardner said, to him, it meant 'Get In if you can'.

David K - 12-12-2020 at 10:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rich t  
There is a new bike trail that makes it more accessible, it runs from BOLA to Gonzaga Bay, it is a single track called the palm trail.

Can you provide a map, link, or description of the route, since this is a region of cliffs and canyons unless it goes around, as the El Camino Real and auto roads do? Thanks!

rich t - 12-12-2020 at 10:29 AM

I normally have no problem posting a track, but the person that gave it to me did so with the understanding that I would not share it, There is a common point that will let you find it, if you leave BOLA heading north and go as far as you can in Laguna Seca, and look to the north on the side of the mountain you will see a single track, from that track you can take a right turn to Salsepedes.

larryC - 12-14-2020 at 08:10 AM

The one time I ran across the bike trail it was at the northern end of the northern dry lake and unfortunately the bike trail was using the old Camino Real. The same trail ESG used to get his Pack Jacks into Asamblea. A shame to see the old historic trail being obliterated but stuff happens.

David K - 12-14-2020 at 09:13 AM

While it is true that motorcycles are using some of El Camino Real from where it crosses the L.A. Bay highway to the area of Tinaja de Yubay, there is no part of the Jesuit road north of the dry lakes. See also www.caminorealbaja.com using Google Earth.

On a map that geoffff and I are working on (under construction here):
is the Camino Real from San Borja (bottom push pin) to Calamajué (top push pin). Map also shows Hwy. 1 and in lighter detail the L.A, Bay highway and the bigger lakebed:

ECR LA BAY RD.jpg - 330kB

RocketJSquirrel - 12-14-2020 at 12:59 PM

Love the map with Coco's corner. Took that turn off by accident from the new 5 (about two years ago) - turned around after a bit as were were in a VW Jetta and thought we might run out of petrol and die out there. If I had that map, would have continued to Coco's!

RocketJSquirrel - 12-14-2020 at 01:01 PM

Needless to say, you should research your drive carefully. Or not!

rich t - 12-14-2020 at 02:00 PM

The track I refered to is not part of the old Camino, it actually runs up the coast from BOLA and heads west below Condelero beach, into Laguna Seca, you can get to Laguna Seco in a 4 x 4, that is the end of your Jeep trail, from there if you look around to the north you can figure out how to get get on the single track which is a fairly new Bill Nichols trail, it is about 2 years old.

TMW - 12-14-2020 at 03:44 PM

Rich are you talking about the Window Rock Trail?

larryC - 12-14-2020 at 04:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
While it is true that motorcycles are using some of El Camino Real from where it crosses the L.A. Bay highway to the area of Tinaja de Yubay, there is no part of the Jesuit road north of the dry lakes. See also www.caminorealbaja.com using Google Earth.

is the Camino Real from San Borja (bottom push pin) to Calamajué (top push pin). Map also shows Hwy. 1 and in lighter detail the L.A, Bay highway and the bigger lakebed:

The trail that I am referring to is what I assume ESG was referring to when talked, in his book "Hovering over Baja" about going out through the dry lake bed and finding a trail up and over a hill that they used for the Pak-Jaks and then dropped down into Botica wash and lowered the P/J,s down a cliff. I doubt the trail he found was made by bikers. If that trail isn't the old camino real then it is another trail to somewhere. Someone moved a lot of rocks to make a smooth foot path. Maybe a side path to access the water in Asamblea.

David K - 12-14-2020 at 06:22 PM

Got it... I suspect Erle used ECR photos and used them to enhance his story (authors do that)??

matthew_mangus - 12-14-2020 at 06:22 PM

David, What condition is that route? I'll be down there in Feb and was planning on taking the Calumujue Wash route from Coco's and then trying to stay on a bit of the Window Rock trail before dumping out to the pavement on the way into the Bay of LA. I'd be interested in checking out a new route if you don't mind sharing.

rich t - 12-14-2020 at 10:03 PM

TMW, No this is not the Window Rock Trail, I have done the Window Rock many times, it run west/east, if you were in the dry lake bed out of BOLA heading north and got to the junction that would be a left turn to the Window Rock Trail, don't turn, continue going north, that will take you into another wash called Laguna Seca, it is a 2 track, go as far as you can go and you will see the single track. There are many trails that share that junction heading to the Window Rock.

larryC - 12-15-2020 at 08:46 AM

Rich
You say to go the second dry lake, and go as far as you can go. I have gone to the second dry lake several times and as I remember when you get to the second dry lake the road Y's and if you go to the right you end up at the ocean. If you go left you end up at what I call ESG's old camp site and that is where the single track picks up on what I called the El Camino Real going up the rocky hill and over down to the desert. Is that how you remember it?

David K - 12-15-2020 at 09:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by matthew_mangus  

David, What condition is that route? I'll be down there in Feb and was planning on taking the Calamajué Wash route from Coco's and then trying to stay on a bit of the Window Rock trail before dumping out to the pavement on the way into the Bay of LA. I'd be interested in checking out a new route if you don't mind sharing.

The auto road from Calamajué Mission/ Mill south to Hwy. 1 (Km. 251 or Km. 261 (El Crucero) is easy the last two times I drove it (2012 & 2016)... just a lot of whoops north of El Crucero. The water was not deep both those trips (both in the summer).

Some photos along that way:

View of Calamajué from the gold ore mill.

Mill ruins

Dropping to the arroyo. At the bottom, look for a track to the left and across, to go see the mission site

1766 Mission church outline (across the arroyo from the mill). See the road dropping to the arroyo, across the way?

A few palms in the canyon.

Road in the canyon (sometimes has a few more inches of water, watch for holes)

Dancing boojums are passed before El Crucero.

rich t - 12-15-2020 at 09:17 AM

Larry C, I have all my Baja almanacs in Baja so I can't reference Lat/long for you, if you look in the almanac you will see a spot called Laguna Seca, there is a Y before you enter it, the east leg goes to Condelero beach thru the canyon, if you go to the north end of Laguna Seca it dead ends at a mountain range, Bill Nichols cut a single track up the rocky hill, it is a rough trail, it parallels the coast then opens up toward Calamujue fish camp, it is east of Calamuje wash, then the trail continues north and uses the Pioneer Mine trail to get to Gonzaga.

David K - 12-15-2020 at 09:31 AM

Larry C, I have all my Baja almanacs in Baja so I can't reference Lat/long for you, if you look in the almanac you will see a spot called Laguna Seca, there is a Y before you enter it, the east leg goes to Condelero beach thru the canyon, if you go to the north end of Laguna Seca it dead ends at a mountain range, Bill Nichols cut a single track up the rocky hill, it is a rough trail, it parallels the coast then opens up toward Calamujue fish camp, it is east of Calamuje wash, then the trail continues north and uses the Pioneer Mine trail to get to Gonzaga.

When I drove to Laguna Seca and on to 'Candelero Beach', the road stayed along the east side of the lake, parallel to the big mesa (on the east side of the lake... at the north end of the lake and the end of the mesa, the road turned to the east and went into the colorful Los Candeleros Canyon to the coast.

The 19.6 mile section I added to the AAA map...

I didn't note any fork, but I was focused on getting to the coast that trip and it was a long time ago (2002). I do show it on my maps... to Punta Candelero:

rich t - 12-15-2020 at 11:33 AM

David, it is more of an intersection than a fork, that is pretty wide open before you head into Laguna Seca, was just trying to give a reference point, we were in there earlier in the year, March if I remember correctly. If you go in there and look to the North on the barren rocky hill you will see the trail, it has not been run by a lot of bikes.

David K - 12-15-2020 at 12:49 PM

Cool!
Well, if you ever want to see it from space and record the GPS for it, Google Earth is your friend! There is also the CalTopo map system from Nomad geoffff that can flip maps and satellite images back and forth.
https://caltopo.com/map.html

Laguna Seca to north of mesa:

[Edited on 12-15-2020 by David K]

rich t - 12-15-2020 at 01:04 PM

I looked up the track, the junction at Condelero and Laguna Seco is N29.14.664' w113.51.289', go into Laguna Seca to N29.18.012 W113.54.084' this is where the single track starts, there is a short spur that goes a couple of hundred yards to the left, then it deadends. The junction that takes you to Salsepuedes(spelling) beach is N 29.25.333' W113.55.648'
it is about 6 1/2 miles to the beach from the last junction.

TMW - 12-15-2020 at 01:33 PM

TMW, No this is not the Window Rock Trail, I have done the Window Rock many times, it run west/east, if you were in the dry lake bed out of BOLA heading north and got to the junction that would be a left turn to the Window Rock Trail, don't turn, continue going north, that will take you into another wash called Laguna Seca, it is a 2 track, go as far as you can go and you will see the single track. There are many trails that share that junction heading to the Window Rock.

Thanks

David K - 12-15-2020 at 04:13 PM

I looked up the track, the junction at Condelero and Laguna Seco is N29.14.664' w113.51.289', go into Laguna Seca to N29.18.012 W113.54.084' this is where the single track starts, there is a short spur that goes a couple of hundred yards to the left, then it deadends. The junction that takes you to Salsepuedes(spelling) beach is N 29.25.333' W113.55.648'

With help from geoffff, we converted your waypoints to ones that work on CalTopo or other imaging systems, just add a space instead of the degree ° symbol or the period you had . :

N29 14.664' W113 51.289'

N29 18.012' W113 54.084'

N29 25.333' W113 55.648'

I see the trail west of the lakebed and climbing the hill! Cool. Is the final one the junction of Salsipuedes with La Asamblea?

rich t - 12-15-2020 at 04:46 PM

David, I could not find a degree key on my key board, I knew you would figure it out(LOL)

rich t - 12-15-2020 at 04:49 PM

The final one is the junction on Bill Nichols trail where you turn east to the coast, the bike trail continues North.

David K - 12-15-2020 at 05:26 PM

David, I could not find a degree key on my key board, I knew you would figure it out(LOL)

Hold down the Alt key and press 2 4 8 (to get °)

[Edited on 12-16-2020 by David K]

TMW - 12-15-2020 at 08:15 PM

That don't work for me.

rich t - 12-15-2020 at 09:19 PM

Did not work for me either.

David K - 12-15-2020 at 10:44 PM

Windows 10
Alt + 248

There is another code, too.

Mark_BC - 12-15-2020 at 11:17 PM

With help from geoffff, we converted your waypoints to ones that work on CalTopo or other imaging systems, just add a space instead of the degree ° symbol or the period you had . :

N29 18.012' W113 54.084'

I see the trail west of the lakebed and climbing the hill! Cool. Is the final one the junction of Salsipuedes with La Asamblea?

That's how I got in, more or less. On Google Earth you can see the trail going up the hill and into Botica. I went up the left hand side of that little gully not realizing the trail was on the right. I'm not sure how he got into Salsipuedes from Botica though. I got in by turning due left midway down the Botica lakebed and went in over a little hill into the wash to the west, then don Salsipuedes.

A couple years ago I tried to get in from the north from the Calamajue wash. I found the motorbike trail in and crested it to the top before it descends. So the trail goes all the way through. But I fell and scraped up my knee, and wasn't really into it so I turned back. Maybe I'll try again, it would be better to stash water on the beaches beforehand so you don't have to waste time desalinating.

David K - 12-16-2020 at 08:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Windows 10
Alt + 248

You doing that on your numeric keypad of your keyboard? A lot of people don't have one.

Yes.

Another code is Alt + 167 Âş

More codes for Nomads:
https://www.spanishnewyork.com/spanish-characters.html

[Edited on 12-16-2020 by David K]

David K - 12-16-2020 at 08:44 AM

Hi Mark! Good to see you on Nomad... I sure hope the borders open up so you guys can get to warmer climates and explore more Baja!

mtgoat666 - 12-16-2020 at 08:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Windows 10
Alt + 248

You doing that on your numeric keypad of your keyboard? A lot of people don't have one.

You don’t need a number pad. Did this on iPad by pressing and holding “0” to select degree symbol: °

Every system has a work-around to type special characters. Google will help you learn!

Press and hold “N” or “n” to get Spanish characters: Ññ

4x4abc - 12-16-2020 at 04:45 PM

Google and other navigation apps do not require degrees and minutes any longer. Put 38 20 35.13 N, 109 39 58.53 W into any navigation, and it will get you there. Sure you could fight your keyboard and use 38°20'35.13"N, 109°39'58.53"W - but it makes no difference.

David K - 9-7-2022 at 09:49 AM

Bump up of another great foot and bicycle hike series... Getting into Sal si puedes ('get out if you can') Canyon! Thanks to Mark_BC
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5