BajaNomad

Disaster Vacation Rentals in Mulege, BCS

buggableone - 12-3-2013 at 10:15 PM

I recently spent some time in Mulege. Had a terrible vacation experience with a local company.
Is there a location I can warn travelers of what property not to rent and property management not to use?

motoged - 12-3-2013 at 10:27 PM

you are on it....

Where, when, who, how....curious minds are eager to hear the gossip. :biggrin:

BajaNomad - 12-3-2013 at 10:36 PM

Moving to accommodation reviews forum.

Hmmm.....

akmaxx - 12-3-2013 at 11:22 PM

It is a small town with limited options so keep in mind that you weren't in Cabo and the price you were probably paying reflected the difference in service you might receive elsewhere.

It would be unfair to trash somebodies reputation for a one-off situation and I don't know of anybody in Mulege who repeatedly and knowingly screws up and is still in business. They have all worked so hard over the last four floods and there isn't much of an economy left for all the families dependent on tourism to survive.

I think the situation in Mulege is about to change with the dams and you will see the locals investing and re-investing in infrastructure that they just flat out could not keep up with only a few guests a year.

Just my two cents.

chuckie - 12-4-2013 at 02:57 AM

Dream on, akmaxx.............

Russ - 12-4-2013 at 06:16 AM

buggableone
Welcome to our family! Yes you may report your experiences here. There are some that may take offense by an honest report but then the same posters take issue with dishonest reports too. Just the nature of the beast. Please don't take criticism too personally most of us just want to hear the trip reports.

desertcpl - 12-4-2013 at 09:17 AM

and yes please report your experience and names

and I agree with Russ,, don't take offense to some of the comments

BajaBlanca - 12-4-2013 at 01:02 PM

Welcome buggableone! It would be most helpful if you published your experience.

[Edited on 12-4-2013 by BajaBlanca]

David K - 12-4-2013 at 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by buggableone
I recently spent some time in Mulege. Had a terrible vacation experience with a local company.
Is there a location I can warn travelers of what property not to rent and property management not to use?

I am going to guess (since this is you very first Nomad post) that you didn't get a referal for the property here (on Baja Nomad)?

Too bad that this was your Baja experience and instead of joining us with a photo filled trip report and tales of fun and adventure, you joined us to find out how to warn the public to avoid this 'local company'...

There are many Mulege area Nomads and any one of them could have advised you of possible options. Perhaps they can now advise you how to obtain some sort of justice?

Baja Nomads are here to help, advise, share, as well as criticize and condemn (sometimes)!

desertcpl - 12-4-2013 at 03:34 PM

I think the OP is not interested in discussing this subject

any more

Pompano - 12-4-2013 at 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by buggableone

buggableone,

You didn't get one of those bungalows where the lit logs roll out of the fireplace in the middle of the night and set fire to your bed, did you?

I feel your pain.

A long time ago, but I still recall that night vividly. Two naked people running out of the room dragging burning blankets into the swimming pool. (A true experience!)

mulegemichael - 12-4-2013 at 07:43 PM

i don't even KNOW whos operation this is of which we speak, but i
DO know cliff taylor's operation of clemantines b and b in the oasis cannot be beat.....so we can eliminate that place....now....who could it be???....all of the places in mulege that we know of that are catering to the tourist trade, take care of their people...please share...or at least give tips....so we can feel comfortable here.

Udo - 12-4-2013 at 07:49 PM

Next time...

May I suggest you rent our place in Bahia Asunción?
Look under Bajanomad rentals available.

The fishing would have been a lot better, no mosquitoes, no unusual aromas, and the greatest people in southern Baja.

mulegemichael - 12-4-2013 at 08:17 PM

udo..."unusual aromas???"....what, exactly, does that mean?

IMO

captkw - 12-4-2013 at 08:49 PM

HOLA,If someone has a problem,,,or suggestion,,,complaint,,or advice on something...should this not be the place to address such a issue?? IF not here for US Baja folks,,Then where??:?:......PS,,,I like what Baja blanca Ask's...Rather simple !!!

[Edited on 12-5-2013 by captkw]

[Edited on 12-5-2013 by captkw]

roundtuit - 12-4-2013 at 09:59 PM

Good Roads, nice markets, good eateries,friendly people what more could you ask for ? This is not Cancun, Pv Or cabo ,muy expensive .This is Mexico as it should be. Next time check with the people who live here (google bajanomads)
:yes::yes::yes:

motoged - 12-4-2013 at 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
Next time...
May I suggest you rent our place in Bahia Asunción?....

Udo,
Uh....it's not Mulege....that's where they wanted to be :light:

Both towns have a lot to offer....

:coolup:

[Edited on 12-5-2013 by motoged]

Udo - 12-5-2013 at 07:35 AM

"unusual aromas" is meant by the aroma that the local river emits at certain times of the year.
We have been to Mulege at various time of the year, and at times, it has a slight aroma. Nothing major, and nothing that would keep me from visiting there again.
IT IS a gorgeous, old, and historic town, that is why mu wife and myself keep visiting there.

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael

Aromas for travel

bajaguy - 12-5-2013 at 08:22 AM

Baja is the land of "unusual aromas"......I can pretty much pinpoint where I am in Ensenada by the different aromas.

Quote:

vandenberg - 12-5-2013 at 08:55 AM

If you're looking foe aromas.....try Loreto!!

:biggrin::biggrin:

dtbushpilot - 12-5-2013 at 09:12 AM

bugg has moved on, probably to another web site to throw out a juicy bone and watch the dogs fight over it. I think we've been had, maybe it's time we moved on to other things.:(:(

tripledigitken - 12-5-2013 at 09:13 AM

So true. Remember the fish processing plant in El Sauzal?

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Baja is the land of "unusual aromas"......I can pretty much pinpoint where I am in Ensenada by the different aromas.

Quote:

Bajamatic - 12-5-2013 at 09:44 AM

Quote:

A long time ago, but I still recall that night vividly. Two naked people running out of the room dragging burning blankets into the swimming pool. (A true experience!)

How it is possible for one Nomad to be continually surrounded by females and naked people?

Every time Pompano posts, I laugh at the old RV thread in which several different females modeled different rooms of his various RV's.

VERY IMPRESSIVE!

El Sauzal

bajaguy - 12-5-2013 at 09:49 AM

Still there!!!! I take my cat for a ride past those places when she is being nice!!

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
So true. Remember the fish processing plant in El Sauzal?

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

Quote:

buggableone - 12-10-2013 at 06:43 PM

We rented from a local *Mulege* rental company. Mulege properties was the name.

Rented a house (Casa Buenos Aires on a hill near Punta Prieta). Also onsite 2 small 1 bedroom apt. My brother was also going to rent one of these. He got his deposit back in pesos with a fabricated conversion rate.
Placed a months deposit and upon arrival paid one months rent for November.

The house was decent. That evening however (was suppose to be cleaned) found copious amounts of spiders and webs and even a tarantula that night.

Next had heard it mentioned from the property management person that owners were coming down but would be staying with him at his home until our rental time was over at the end of December.

On November 19th the owners arrive and move into the upper 1 bedroom apartment across from the house but on the same property. Approximately 4 occupants. Bottom apartment rented by a single man already.

Owners (Ralph and Marianna) started moving outdoor furniture, making frequent trips around the house, asking why we had air conditioner on, Making noises with their vehicles at 6am. Filling the carport with their boat and other items. Constantly using the washer. Also opened a taco stand on the property which required the gate to be open. (We brought dogs). Many visitors. Phone calls that required us to disconnect the telephone in the home.

Kept hearing they were moving and waited. They brought a trailer and set it up on the road. Most likely more family moving in. We told the property management person we were done. During this time the lone renter in the bottom apartment had been complaining regarding the situation.

The good part was we did receive some of our deposit. We paid in US dollars. He reimbursed the deposit in pesos at his made up exchange rate. Charged us the month of November plus 2 days in December as we checked out on the morning of December 1st.
He made us feel that we were at fault but feel happy we left with some money.

mulegemichael - 12-10-2013 at 07:16 PM

whooooooo boy!....sorry....no comment.

buggableone - 12-10-2013 at 07:45 PM

Sorry I haven't checked back in for awhile. Didn't think I would get responses so quickly. Anyhow posted my experience earlier today.

vgabndo - 12-10-2013 at 08:22 PM

Uh, you found a spider in a rental house in Baja? I'm sorry your visit was spoiled. Personally I can't imagine living in a space so sterile that no spider would live there. And, if I was looking to rent such a place, my first thought wouldn't be Mexico. Since you complained to us about spider webs, I assume you complained to the person who took the rent. They may have taken from this the same impression that I did. It wasn't positive, and it might have lead to disrespect. Locals who know the property may jump up to correct me.

It sounds like your experience renting a house in a Mexican neighborhood resulted in your living in a Mexican neighborhood. Crowded, noisy, and busy, life goes on spiders and all.

You might consider Bahia Asuncion in the future. There are many rentals which do not have neighbors on the same property, or too close. I think of Shari's little Sunset house, or Udo's place on the bluff. There might even be fewer spiders in the Pacific coastal environment. :lol:

You seem to think you were ripped-off in the peso exchange, what did he give you, and what was the actual rate that day?

[Edited on 12-11-2013 by vgabndo]

shari - 12-10-2013 at 08:46 PM

I can pretty much guarantee an errant spider web somewhere in our rentals! Those buggers appear overnight and it's hard to find good cleaning ladies..maybe theirs was near sighted! You will also hear barking dogs, maybe some neighbour's loud music now and again, traffic at 6 in the morning when fishermen go to work and heck, we dont even have a gate!

Sorry to hear your rental didnt fulfill your expectations but it doesnt exactly sound disastrous...people from these parts know what disaster is!

Also, the exchange rate changes daily and merchants generally apply the rate they want....I pull out my handy dandy smart phone app that gives me the daily rate but most places take 12 to 1...if you are lucky.

While its tough renting a place you dont know well as there can be circumstances you didnt expect, it's also tough renting to people you dont know...different strokes for different folks. I guess the lesson learned is to find out all you can about a rental, it's surroundings and weather before you commit to long term.

I have had people who rented a month or two want to check out after a few days if it's windy or cold....go figure. It's usually best if they leave as they wont be happy anyway.

Sweetwater - 12-10-2013 at 09:00 PM

Sounds like a bit of culture shock and expectations not matching reality.

I fall prey to those factors myself so rather than pointing fingers or criticizing, I'd just ask you to reconsider your expectations and communications. If you wanted isolation and a quiet environment, did you let them know that is was a priority for you?

I come from an unpopulated and quiet place of origin so I'm often startled and put off by hustle and bustle. I usually like to find a quiet corner or place and do my own thing but I try to tell folks that it's just me.

The culture shock is often overcome by how friendly we can all be with each other and strangers. My advice is to look for spots outside or just on the perimeter of towns. But that's just me, once again......

buggableone - 12-10-2013 at 09:19 PM

I expected a few spiders and this was just one house I had rented along the way. The house was advertised as a quiet location and not a Mexican commune.
I didn't want a tourist spot to vacation at. I love the Mexican culture and not the tourist traps.
I didn't have any difficulties with the other rental agencies. Just was really surprised how poorly this management agency handled the situation and the cleanliness of the place. Guess I just wanted to mention that this person was an Arsehole and didn't want anyone else to have the same vacation experience.

roundtuit - 12-10-2013 at 09:22 PM

whoops next time ask bajanomad people for a opinion. LOOKS like a rip off to me. I'm a nebie only 8 yrs here. If u found us to complain why did u not find this site ask ??? to ask someone

[Edited on 12-11-2013 by roundtuit]

motoged - 12-10-2013 at 09:22 PM

Well, it took some Google time....but....inquiring minds never rest:

Casa Buenos Aires:

Pics at:

http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/mulegeproperties/library/CASA%20BUENOS%20AIRES?sort=3&page=1

Mulege Properties at:

https://www.facebook.com/MulegeProperties

buggableone - 12-10-2013 at 10:16 PM

Stupidity on my part. Should never assume that because it is a business with an expat running it that it would ok. Learned a lesson. At least the rest of my vacation rentals were perfect. He is just one bad apple.

Mulege was great and loved it.

monoloco - 12-10-2013 at 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged

Casa Buenos Aires:

Pics at:

http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/mulegeproperties/library/CASA%20BUENOS%20AIRES?sort=3&page=1

Mulege Properties at:

It's kind of odd that they would post fotos of such a messy house. The blue tarp carport is a nice touch though.:lol:

buggableone - 12-10-2013 at 10:19 PM

Thanks for the comments. Felt better after I left there, feeling better after being in here chatting. :saint:

Bajaboy - 12-10-2013 at 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by roundtuit
whoops next time ask bajanomad people for a opinion. LOOKS like a rip off to me. I'm a nebie only 8 yrs here. If u found us to complain why did u not find this site ask ??? to ask someone

[Edited on 12-11-2013 by roundtuit]

Yep, I agree about the rip off....live and learn. You seem to have a good attitude.:biggrin:

willyAirstream - 12-10-2013 at 10:38 PM

ok, I HAVE to ask......why were you using the AC in November?
Next time ask here first or stop into one of the gringo bars and ask around.

buggableone - 12-10-2013 at 10:44 PM

Was using the fan part on occasion as the house was stuffy unless you wanted skeeters in the house. Also couldn't use the fan on the stove or it would blow the flame out on the cooktop. Always have a fan on when I sleep.

Whale-ista - 12-11-2013 at 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Quote:

Casa Buenos Aires:

Pics at:

Mulege Properties at:

It's kind of odd that they would post fotos of such a messy house. The blue tarp carport is a nice touch though.:lol:

Ha! This website is unintentionally very funny/scary. Looks great outside, but inside...not so much.

My favorite photo in this collection is the "wonderful kitchen" with the man hiding behind the breakfast bar. Oops! Did the photographer surprise him at a bad time?

And is that a salad spinner on the counter? And dirty clothes in one of the bedrooms? (Obviously they don't offer maid service...)

Wow...in hindsight, there were lots of early warning signs that this place would be full of surprises!

(Edit remarks:Thank you for adding photos goat. They clarified my points)

[Edited on 12-11-2013 by Whale-ista]

chuckie - 12-11-2013 at 03:50 AM

Casa Buenas Aires is 2 doors from where I live, in Loma Azul, Mulege. While it is not "Gringoland" as we refer to the complexes on the river, most of the residents here are expats. Ralph and his wife are wonderful people from the the California on the NOB side. The "Taco stand" is a food service trailer run by Mama more as a hobby than a business. Great "Sopas". A spider? It's Mexico, we have spiders. Noisy? I doubt it, no more than any site where folks are moving in. I think buggable has aptly named himself, allowing things which are normal to bug him....He should have stayed norte. Situation greatly exaggerated...mostly BS....

Pacifico - 12-11-2013 at 06:55 AM

Thanks for your review of this property and management company.

Sorry to see you get "jumped on" by all these people who weren't there.

Regarding all the spider comments, maybe everyone needs to re-read your post on 12/10? There were copious amounts of spiders; not just a spider.

[Edited on 12-11-2013 by Pacifico]

mtgoat666 - 12-11-2013 at 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
Casa Buenas Aires is 2 doors from where I live, in Loma Azul, Mulege. While it is not "Gringoland" as we refer to the complexes on the river, most of the residents here are expats. Ralph and his wife are wonderful people from the the California on the NOB side.

chuckles:
your friends may be great people, they just happen to be really lousy, inconsiderate, intrusive landlords!

the customer is never wrong.

mtgoat666 - 12-11-2013 at 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Whale-ista
Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Quote:

Casa Buenos Aires:

Pics at:

Mulege Properties at:

Ha! This website is unintentionally very funny/scary. Looks great outside, but inside...not so much.

My favorite photo in this collection is the "wonderful kitchen" with the man hiding behind the breakfast bar. Oops! Did the photographer surprise him at a bad time?

And is that a salad spinner on the counter? And dirty clothes in one of the bedrooms? (Obviously they don't offer maid service...)

Wow...in hindsight, there were lots of early warning signs that this place would be full of surprises!

great sales pictures!

[Edited on 12-11-2013 by mtgoat666]

chuckie - 12-11-2013 at 08:13 AM

Once again I say BS....Goat 66 likely has never been within miles of the place...The pictures? So what? Does anyone actually think that once a pic is taken it is permanently that way? If that was true, I'd be slim and have hair... Believe what you wish, but what I have seen posted here from know nothings just aint true....

buggableone - 12-11-2013 at 08:21 AM

Thanks Pacifico. The problem wasn't with the area at all. The problem was when the owners came home and became intrusive on the vacationers that had rented the home. They had been told not to move on site until everyone was gone. It wasn't just us, there was also another renter on site.

They were quite rude. Maybe the person that says they are very nice should take off their rose colored glasses. We had to live with them and you didn't.

I am just a passerby and could care less until I am treated poorly.

buggableone - 12-11-2013 at 08:29 AM

I find the pictures really funny. It was spotless when I left. Actually cleaner. Wish I had seen these pictures before I rented it.

Thanks all, I know what I experienced. The owners and the property management make up quite a team. NOT!:bounce:

DianaT - 12-11-2013 at 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
Nice review.

I've rented houses in baja that were spotless.... yes, there are always spiders.

And, I've rented houses that were filled with webs and dirt and that were supposed to have been clean.

Sounds like the property manager should get it together.

It isn't a culture thing.... it's a crappy poor management thing.

:yes::yes:

buggableone ---- thanks for the review. So many people have similar or other unpleasant experiences and just go away and never write about it. But as you see, it is not easy to be honest around here, but some do appreciate it!

A few stray spiders is one thing, infestations and intrusive owners are another.

I agree with soulpatch. It has nothing to do with culture. And it has nothing to do with it being Baja. THANKS for posting.

buggableone - 12-11-2013 at 10:11 AM

12.00. He was just at the bank. Not horrible, but considering what we went through and the short time we were there.

chuckie - 12-11-2013 at 10:21 AM

I just talked to the property manager, and there is more to this story than needs to be discussed....and its been beaten to death already...

rts551 - 12-11-2013 at 10:47 AM

Quote:
I just talked to the property manager, and there is more to this story than needs to be discussed....and its been beaten to death already...

Ah...that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the review Buggableone.

willardguy - 12-11-2013 at 10:58 AM

you would have thought they might have spent a half hour tidying up a bit before they took pictures, but it looks like a nice enough place!:yes:
good report and welcome to baja blowhards! :lol:

Ouch...

akmaxx - 12-11-2013 at 12:07 PM

I talked the owner of Mulege Properties and he was doing a favor for the owners of the house (IE- receiving no compensation) and the owners blindsided him by returning early and ruining the renters experience. He is despondent that his successful record in Mulege has been tarnished.

This is not the normal experience for his clients and one that won't be repeated. If you want perfection you can rent at much higher prices but for good value he is well represented around here.

BTW - 12.2 exchange rate is generous at the time of deal and implying that it was pulled out of the air sounds like you are trying to make the situation worse than it was.

Good luck in your adventures,

rts551 - 12-11-2013 at 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by akmaxx
I talked the owner of Mulege Properties and he was doing a favor for the owners of the house (IE- receiving no compensation) and the owners blindsided him by returning early and ruining the renters experience. He is despondent that his successful record in Mulege has been tarnished.

This is not the normal experience for his clients and one that won't be repeated. If you want perfection you can rent at much higher prices but for good value he is well represented around here.

BTW - 12.2 exchange rate is generous at the time of deal and implying that it was pulled out of the air sounds like you are trying to make the situation worse than it was.

Normal or not, it happened. IMO he should have bent over backwards to make the customer happy if he was that worried about his reputation as a business man. Damage done now.

Cypress - 12-11-2013 at 12:40 PM

A spider in the room? Good God in heaven! What's the world coming to?:biggrin:

Pompano - 12-11-2013 at 01:07 PM

Baja...it's a jungle out there!

Found this guy one morning at mi casa. He would have made a great pet, but I just gave him a bath (my tennis shoe...phew) and released him to the wilds of my yard.

chuckie - 12-11-2013 at 01:11 PM

RTS? How do you know he didnt? Were you here? Oh wait I forgot, you are everywhere..Did you talk to the property manager? Do you even know who he is? More BS...

buggableone - 12-11-2013 at 01:31 PM

Thanks all. My intent was to get the message out there that this was a bad situation. It could have been avoided had our offer of leaving been taken seriously at the mention of the owners returning. Instead got the same "You will really like them, they are nice people".

I was renting a home for vacation.

rts551 - 12-11-2013 at 01:51 PM

Quote:
RTS? How do you know he didnt? Were you here? Oh wait I forgot, you are everywhere..Did you talk to the property manager? Do you even know who he is? More BS...

Guess you didn't bother to read the review or follow-ups. When in doubt (or ignorant)...ATTACK.

vgabndo - 12-11-2013 at 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Quote:

Normal or not, it happened. IMO he should have bent over backwards to make the customer happy if he was that worried about his reputation as a business man. Damage done now.

Buggableone and everyone else thanks for the details. I'm beginning to feel some empathy Bug, I have a story from the perspective of an owner returning which I wish it was appropriate to share here!!!:lol::lol::lol:

buggableone - 12-11-2013 at 03:21 PM

Just had to comment on the property manager being upset. Then why represent them again ie: with the newly posted photos? No compensation? Not what I heard. Moving on -->

In retrospect the best way this should have been handled was:
1. offer a different rental.
2. Refund the total amount at the beginning when it was known owners were returning.
3. Not expect vacationers to deal with the intrusiveness of the owners when you knew it was a problem.
4. Be honest.

P.S. Forgot to mention the massive amount of c-ckroaches upon arrival which were keeping the spiders company. "note SPIDERS--- not spider.

Wishing all of you the best. This conversation has been fun.

rhintransit - 12-11-2013 at 03:52 PM

sorry about your bad experience. it can happen anywhere, at any price range. I definitely sympathize with buggableone.

gnatman - 12-11-2013 at 08:24 PM

I have rented from Mulege Properties for the past three years. They have always gone to great lengths to provide a clean, safe and affordable property. They are always available to repair or assist in any way possible when there is a problem. I have never heard a complaint from any tenant until now, and feel compelled to reply to the accusations. The property in question was clean when they moved in because I was here when it was cleaned. When they moved out, the place smelled like dog urine (and still does) and there was dog chit on the property. I feel that there expectations were a little unrealistic and must have lived a blessed life that has left them unable to deald with the uncertainties that come up day to day. They got their deposit back because of unforeseen circumstances that was beyond the control of Mulege Properties. Mulege Properties have a good name in this town and the owner is one of the nicest, most helpful citizen in Mulege, offering free advise and being a good samaritan to those in need, without blowing his own horn about it. I feel that this experience was unfortunate to the parties involved, but do not understand the need to slander a good person.

BeemerDan - 12-11-2013 at 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnatman
I have rented from Mulege Properties for the past three years. They have always gone to great lengths to provide a clean, safe and affordable property. They are always available to repair or assist in any way possible when there is a problem. I have never heard a complaint from any tenant until now, and feel compelled to reply to the accusations. The property in question was clean when they moved in because I was here when it was cleaned. When they moved out, the place smelled like dog urine (and still does) and there was dog chit on the property. I feel that there expectations were a little unrealistic and must have lived a blessed life that has left them unable to deald with the uncertainties that come up day to day. They got their deposit back because of unforeseen circumstances that was beyond the control of Mulege Properties. Mulege Properties have a good name in this town and the owner is one of the nicest, most helpful citizen in Mulege, offering free advise and being a good samaritan to those in need, without blowing his own horn about it. I feel that this experience was unfortunate to the parties involved, but do not understand the need to slander a good person.

Wow, 1st post since you joined in 2011?
Awesome fake noob comeback:barf:

mtgoat666 - 12-11-2013 at 10:51 PM

It appears the innkeeper has a few defenders among the mulege gringo bar flies! How dare an outsider write a review of a vacation rental!

BeemerDan - 12-12-2013 at 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
It appears the innkeeper has a few defenders among the mulege gringo bar flies! How dare an outsider write a review of a vacation rental!

You don't even have a clue, but here's a bit of Cabo for You!
Unlike you, 99'9% of the people I've met in Mulege go out of their way to help, and the same can be said for all of Mexico as I know it.
From what I gather of your posts, the last time you crossed the border ws 20 yrs ago, Still scared?

chuckie - 12-12-2013 at 07:52 AM

Goat stays north where he can live off the government.

Hook - 12-12-2013 at 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willyAirstream

Mulege may have been different (but I doubt it) but this was the warmest November since I have been coming to Sonora. Also one of the more humid ones.

Still, the guy's a renter. If the AC is off limits then let the landlord list it as such in the rental agreement. Otherwise, it's an appliance at the rental.

JZ - 12-12-2013 at 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pacifico

Regarding all the spider comments, maybe everyone needs to re-read your post on 12/10? There were copious amounts of spiders; not just a spider.

This. Bunch of dumb ass posters ITT.

JZ - 12-12-2013 at 08:27 PM

Quote:

More like he had the chance to make it right and didn't. And now that someone called him out for it on the internet he feels "blindsided."

JZ - 12-12-2013 at 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Quote:
Originally posted by willyAirstream

Mulege may have been different (but I doubt it) but this was the warmest November since I have been coming to Sonora. Also one of the more humid ones.

Still, the guy's a renter. If the AC is off limits then let the landlord list it as such in the rental agreement. Otherwise, it's an appliance at the rental.

It hit mid-90's in November.

Pacifico - 12-12-2013 at 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JZ
Quote:

This. Bunch of dumb burro posters ITT.

JZ, let me guess......

You're a Mulege resident? Possibly the owner of the house in question? Or, just a friend?
:lol::lol::lol:

JZ - 12-12-2013 at 09:56 PM

Quote:

JZ, let me guess......

You're a Mulege resident? Possibly the owner of the house in question? Or, just a friend?

Read it again. I agreed w/you.

Btw, I live in Calabasas, CA. Look it up sometime.

Pacifico - 12-13-2013 at 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JZ
Quote:

JZ, let me guess......

My apologies, JZ! I read it in a different context!

DianaT - 12-14-2013 at 10:53 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by JZ
Quote:

JZ, let me guess......

My apologies, JZ! I read it in a different context!

It is very easy to read things differently and extract different meanings that were not intended --- happens all the time.

[Edited on 12-14-2013 by DianaT]

BajaBlanca - 12-14-2013 at 12:27 PM

Sometimes, reality just isn't what the customer expected. As a property manager/owner, the onus is on us to make the customer happy....even if we don't agree with the assessment of the scene. I believe that had BUG felt that someone had listened and commiserated with the problem, he might not have written here.