BajaNomad

New Hotel in San Ignacio

Bajame - 12-9-2013 at 11:05 AM

This new hotel is really nice . Two double beds in each room nice bathrooms and roomy . 22 rooms in all just down from the Mission and the Plaza . Over acre of parking in a park like setting . they even plan to have a small zoo . Downstairs is done but will finish the upstairs within a month . $550 pesos a night and they are already getting reservations for Feb as most all other rooms are booked. Email address is lizzdrew@hotail.com Attn Hotel resv and the # 615-1`5-4-00-16 . Owner is Profra. Blanca Zuniga .

tripledigitken - 12-9-2013 at 11:29 AM

Bajame,

What is it called? Do they offer wifi?

Thanks for the good news.

Ken

shari - 12-9-2013 at 11:34 AM

great news...is it where that good store is just down & round the corner from the mission? There is a big field area there...great spot and sounds wonderful. Does it have a name yet?

mtgoat666 - 12-9-2013 at 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajame
This new hotel is really nice .

pictures?????

TMW - 12-9-2013 at 12:17 PM

That's good news. Thanks

BajaBlanca - 12-9-2013 at 04:06 PM

we were just there today picking up packages from bajapack, having breakfast with Gary and Terry too....the English Bangers were so darn good. Had I known this before hand, I would have taken some pics.

Do not remember seeing any signs for it.

Meany - 12-9-2013 at 06:34 PM

?? Is it were the Old RV site was??:?:

ElCap - 12-9-2013 at 07:21 PM

When you come to the plaza, stay straight past the Mission, and it is another few hundred yards down that road, on the right. The hotel is a bit off the road, and backs up to the old orange orchard there. I believe the Zunigas also own the new market right at the entrance to the hotel, which is a great addition to San Ignacio.

David K - 12-9-2013 at 08:28 PM

... but still nobody knows what it's called?

DianaT - 12-10-2013 at 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ElCap
When you come to the plaza, stay straight past the Mission, and it is another few hundred yards down that road, on the right. The hotel is a bit off the road, and backs up to the old orange orchard there. I believe the Zunigas also own the new market right at the entrance to the hotel, which is a great addition to San Ignacio.

That should be easy to find and what a great location. It is BEAUTIFUL right there.

Bajame - 12-10-2013 at 08:43 AM

Hotel La Huerta .

David K - 12-10-2013 at 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajame
Hotel La Huerta .

Thank you!!! :light::bounce:

seaportbos - 11-10-2014 at 10:06 PM

Does anyone know Hotel La Huerta's email? lizzdrew@hotail.com did not work. I called them trying to make a reservation, but I could not speak Spanish and they could not speak English, so the reservation failed. Email might be easier since I can use translator.

Thanks!:light:

[Edited on 11-11-2014 by seaportbos]

BajaBlanca - 11-11-2014 at 07:56 AM

Seaportbos
I will be happy to make the reservation for you in Spanish
U2U me the details.
I can ask them for a good working email too.

However, I am guessing the email should read: Lizzdrew@hotmail.com

So you might want to give that a try first.

Ateo - 11-11-2014 at 08:25 AM

Great news. I will book a night in July if they have wifi!

Bill Collector - 11-11-2014 at 08:42 AM

Email address is lizzdrew@hotail.com Attn Hotel resv and the # 615-1`5-4-00-16 . Owner is Profra. Blanca Zuniga .

For the email try:lizzdrew@hotmail.com

[Edited on 11-11-2014 by Bill Collector]

seaportbos - 11-11-2014 at 10:06 AM

Tried lizzdrew@hotmail.com before, did not work either. it seemed they did have an email when I tried to talk to them, but I could not get it since I did not understand Spanish at all.:?:

BajaBlanca - 11-11-2014 at 01:30 PM

Hi all, I just called the hotel and that email is NOT set up so here is the interim email for reservations:

Liz or Anei

mercadolahuertasanignacio@hotmail.com

The phone number is good: from USA 011 52 615 154-0016.

Bajahowodd - 11-11-2014 at 04:59 PM

Happy to see there is a new hotel in town. I guess that they will do fine in the upcoming whale season. Good timing. Accommodations in San Ignacio have been not so good. We'll be happy to patronize a local business.

Bob H - 11-11-2014 at 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Happy to see there is a new hotel in town. I guess that they will do fine in the upcoming whale season. Good timing. Accommodations in San Ignacio have been not so good. We'll be happy to patronize a local business.

This post originated almost a year ago. So, this place should have their act together by now. Still don't know if they have wifi.

BajaBlanca - 11-11-2014 at 07:32 PM

even though it was started a year ago, I am pretty sure they just now got set up for business - at least we just noticed them quite recently.

seaportbos is all set up - anyone else need help? feel free to u2u me.

Bajahowodd - 11-12-2014 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd

This post originated almost a year ago. So, this place should have their act together by now. Still don't know if they have wifi.

It obviously takes me a while to catch on. I really must have missed this back in 2013, because we purposely avoid a stop over there for lack of decent accommodations.

BajaBlanca - 11-13-2014 at 01:00 PM

Isn't the Desert Inn any good?

rhintransit - 11-13-2014 at 01:35 PM

the price difference between La Huerta and the Dessert Inn is significant. I stayed at the former this spring. all was fine, spotless, basic, hot water, etc.
grounds felt very safe.
and yes, there was wifi.

BajaBlanca - 11-13-2014 at 03:43 PM

Now I get it: desert inn is decent but expensive.....right?
at any rate, I believe they are not even open (the Inn) because of all the mud damage from Dear Odile.

[Edited on 11-13-2014 by BajaBlanca]

David K - 11-13-2014 at 03:51 PM

Stayed at Ricardo's Rice and Beans Motel once... it was fine, but that was a dozen years ago.

Bajahowodd - 11-13-2014 at 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Stayed at Ricardo's Rice and Beans Motel once... it was fine, but that was a dozen years ago.

We had the misfortune to stay there once. It was horrible. In defense of Ricardo, they put us up in the main building. Perhaps the newer rooms across the parking lot are better. The restaurant was OK, barely.

Fernweh - 1-27-2015 at 08:16 PM

Just checked into the Hotel La Huerta (San Ignacio)

Very nice and clean room, with A/C and WiFi
My dog (17kg) was not a problem.....I did ask:)

Tel.# 615 154 0116

Email: mercadolahuertasanignacio@hotmail.com

Other: hotellahuerta@outlook.es. (or .cs) can't read it

$650.00 Mex

Karl

DianaT - 1-27-2015 at 08:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Fernweh  
Just checked into the Hotel La Huerta (San Ignacio)

Very nice and clean room, with A/C and WiFi
My dog (17kg) was not a problem.....I did ask:)

Tel.# 615 154 0116

Email: mercadolahuertasanignacio@hotmail.com

Other: hotellahuerta@outlook.es. (or .cs) can't read it

$650.00 Mex

Karl

Thanks Karl for that information. We have been thinking about trying it.

I am hoping the road to the lagoon is in reasonable condition.

Ateo - 6-27-2015 at 10:47 PM

Anybody stay here recently? I'm heading down in July and going to make a reservation.

mjs - 6-27-2015 at 11:23 PM

Stayed there in April. Rooms were fine. The noise from the peac-cks and other birds not so much unless you like to get up real early.

BajaBlanca - 6-28-2015 at 03:25 AM

Ateo

check out this place too! close to square and really pretty with no birds....well, no peac-cks at least!

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=73205#pid8993...

Baja Blanca's house link

John M - 6-28-2015 at 06:00 AM

We've stayed twice last year at the house shown in Baja Blanca's link just above. Very pleased - it's quiet - we were able to park inside the gate, so it's very private. I don't know if Mario has wifi, we didn't ask but I doubt if he does.

John M

Fernweh - 6-28-2015 at 06:34 AM

I am staying there all the time, when traveling north or south.

Friendly people, no nonsense, nice clean room, good wifi (close to the office)

They are trying to get a restaurant built in the next future, San Ignacio needs a good, all rear around, eatery.

BTW the Desert Inn dropped their prices from $1,200 to $650 (pesos), big sign outside.
Hotel in Catavina still $83.00 US

Ateo - 6-28-2015 at 12:40 PM

Thanks mjs, Blanca, John M, and Fernweh! That house looks awesome too. We are only staying 1 night and I'm not sure we'd be able to take advantage of all the house offers! Hammy, lot's to think about. Thanks all, gonna make up my mind this week and make a reservation at Huerta or the House.

[Edited on 6-28-2015 by Ateo]

woody with a view - 6-28-2015 at 02:33 PM

Ateo, might be some surf after next weekend. But you knew that! Hurricane activity will increase then as well..... Get me one!

David K - 6-29-2015 at 09:09 AM

They are trying to get a restaurant built in the next future, San Ignacio needs a good, all rear around, eatery.

BTW the Desert Inn dropped their prices from $1,200 to $650 (pesos), big sign outside.

Thank you Karl, we may try it out next month on our vacation?

Fernweh - 6-30-2015 at 09:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Thank you Karl, we may try it out next month on our vacation?

Are you plans also include La Paz? It's my full time home now.....

tunaeater - 7-22-2015 at 10:03 PM

We just stayed there on our way down to Loreto 7/10/15, Excellent experience, fresh coffee in the morning, nice rooms and excellent service and friendly staff. Mini market has a great selection and good prices.

BajaBlanca - 7-23-2015 at 01:27 AM

first hand info

can't beat that!

thanks tunaeater