BajaNomad

Las Missiones -- Ciudad Insurgentes

motoged - 1-12-2014 at 10:50 AM

Mula, gave me lots of good advice, and near the top of the list is a new 5-room motel in Insurgentes called Las Missiones. It is located a 100 meters or so south of the main traffic circle at the highway intersection and is on the west side of the road.

They have 5 rooms...some w/ 2 queens and some with one queen and a couch. It is VERY clean and has uber-secure parking. The folks running it are very helpful and friendly. The electrical and plumbing is A-1...good bed and a good bathroom ...

They are able to make breakfast but I have not ventured beyond Huevos Rancheros (not sure about pancakes for those of you who need more gluten ;D ).

There is a new tienda next door and a hot dog cart out front to the side at night.

The sign (a profile of a dog with the universal red "no" slash) in the secure parking (4-5 vehicles but not room for a trailer unless you hog parking spots) indicates "no animals"....

It is as clean as Coco Cabanas in Loreto, as Baja Cactus in El Rosario, and has a nice lawn courtyard ... simple grounds that are kept well.

Three thumbs up !!!

About $480 M for single person.

Good scallop tacos in town (west side of street at statue traffic circle in town....closed mid afternoon it seems), a few hot dog/hamburgesa stands and a few eateries that are simple....but I haven't scoured the entire town yet.

Howard - 1-12-2014 at 11:04 AM

Thanks for the post.

Do you have any contact information for them? Phone, E-Mail?

Also, in your opinion, do they take dogs or was it just one of those signs that your dog doesn't poop in that area?

[Edited on 1-12-2014 by Howard]

Mula - 1-12-2014 at 11:14 AM

Las Misiones Hotel link

motoged - 1-12-2014 at 05:59 PM

Howard,
The dog was standing....not squatting :lol:

"No Animals"

Mula - 3-6-2015 at 07:51 AM

They are adding more rooms on a second floor.