BajaNomad

Head um up, Move em out-----

fishinrich - 11-30-2004 at 05:31 AM

I will be leaving San Diego wednesday heading for punta chivato. I plan to stay there until X-mas if the wind gods will permit me to. Spearfishing and some rod and reelin are on the agenda along with some underwater photograpy. I drive a 93 dodge ram 4X4 diesel green/tan color, callen shell with two large marlin painted on the doors, license---fshnrch. Also towing an enclosed trailer with a 12' valco on top. Mulege will be my supply spot so I will be in and out of there. If the winds are bad then I will be on the road looking for smother seas. Hopefully run into some amigo's along the way. cya--- fishin rich

4baja - 11-30-2004 at 07:51 AM

rich ill be at my place through new years and along the pacific at xmas so if your in the area look me up. hopefully the flattys are still around maria.:coolup:

Don Jorge - 11-30-2004 at 07:56 AM

Have a great trip. I hope you are going to continue torturing us with reports.
Jorge

WindY?

Pompano - 11-30-2004 at 08:39 AM

Good luck on your camping/fishing trip to Little Goat Point. I certainly hope the wind does drop for you..because it started yesterday here in the Mulege area with a vengeance! Gusting to 35 mph with seas approaching 8 feet in the Gulf...so windy my Lab has to back up to bark!..and cold as it gets here. How long it lasts is a good guess...I remember one wind storm lasting 15 days and a lot of fishermen got cabin fever. Pta. Chivato is famous for wind in wintertime as you probably know and you might get sandblasted on the camping beach, but at least it keeps the bugs down! On the other hand, fishing was great last week. Bueno suerte...grande fish! If you get down to the Bay of Conception give Pompano a call on Ch. 16.

[Edited on 10-19-2005 by Pompano]