BajaNomad

Neat camping trick!

Kgryfon - 1-16-2014 at 10:16 PM

http://thehomesteadsurvival.com/campfire-bacon-cook/

Neat camping trip for those remote trips in Baja!

bajajudy - 1-17-2014 at 07:38 AM

Love it!

monoloco - 1-17-2014 at 09:22 AM

Here's another: You can boil water in a plastic bag laid directly on the coals of a campfire without melting the bag.

Marc - 1-17-2014 at 06:16 PM

Great for my next camp at Santispac!

Kgryfon - 1-19-2014 at 02:15 AM

I should have posted a picture!

Bob H - 1-19-2014 at 09:28 AM

I MUST have bacon in my life. Just not as often!! My favorite bacon is Nueske's thick sliced apple wood smoked bacon!

http://www.nueskes.com

:yes::tumble:

[Edited on 1-19-2014 by Bob H]

wessongroup - 1-19-2014 at 11:50 AM

Thanks ... good "stuff" .. .:):)

Wild boar !!

captkw - 1-19-2014 at 11:55 AM

Camping with boar is always fun..mean sumb-tches will tree ya for hrs....

Udo - 1-19-2014 at 01:59 PM

What a great idea!

Bacon on a skewer!

Baja Bucko - 1-19-2014 at 03:10 PM

Naaaaaahhhhh.....a side of goat ribs cooking right over the open fire after curing all day with potatoes hidden in the coals followed by dutch oven coca-cola devil's food cake cooked in the same fire.......then a round of some special tequila with sprinkles anointing the fire as a few Californios get down with a bajo sexto, accordian, my guitar and some very old ranchera music...

NOW that's dinner and song in Baja California around a campfire.......and don't forget the biznaga candy :yes:

Paulina - 1-19-2014 at 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bucko
Naaaaaahhhhh.....a side of goat ribs cooking right over the open fire after curing all day with potatoes hidden in the coals followed by dutch oven coca-cola devil's food cake cooked in the same fire.......then a round of some special tequila with sprinkles anointing the fire as a few Californios get down with a bajo sexto, accordian, my guitar and some very old ranchera music...

NOW that's dinner and song in Baja California around a campfire.......and don't forget the biznaga candy :yes:

No, never forget the biznaga. Also, don't forget to pass around the mesquite thorns for toothpicks.

P>*)))>{

Pompano - 1-19-2014 at 04:13 PM

Bacon!!

The 'Bacon on a Stick' and 'Bacon Petzels or Breadsticks' at the Minnesota State Fair have been popular for many years. It's bacon country. Not quite on my current list of 'healthy food', however, darn.

Maybe chocolate would make it okay?

[Edited on 1-19-2014 by Pompano]

choc bacon on sticks.jpg - 12kB

freediverbrian - 1-19-2014 at 07:34 PM

Most of the time someone will post a negitive comment about any subject , no one will have anything bad to say about BACON!

Kgryfon - 1-21-2014 at 01:41 AM

Now if I could just figure out how to cook the eggs on a skewer I could get away with making breakfast with no dirty dishes to contend with!

Russ - 1-21-2014 at 05:36 AM

That really appears to be a cool idea. However while you are cooking it you may have a bit of flame control problem:lol::lol:

KaceyJ - 1-21-2014 at 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kgryfon
Now if I could just figure out how to cook the eggs on a skewer I could get away with making breakfast with no dirty dishes to contend with!

Well , If what Mono posted is true _that you can boil water in a ziplock right on the coals w/o the bag melting , why not an egg???

We make ziplock omeletts - but in a pot of hot water