BajaNomad

Ruben's Palm Grill

SteveD - 1-17-2014 at 01:01 PM

Just heard that Ruben was evicted from the Palm Grill. Part of the ownership dispute. Saw that it was closed yesterday afternoon when we went to our dentist in Primo Tapia. Also, he will try to have Sunday Brunch in the Cantamar club house. We'll try to go there and see what is happening.

The Borja Family - They are Telenovela Material!

Gypsy Jan - 1-17-2014 at 01:29 PM

Sr. Borja, the owner of Ruben's Palm Grill, is the elderly patriarch and he, his fifth wife and his family have been fighting for control over his very large properties and estate for years.

Including, in Cantamar, behind Ruben's restaurant, where the fifth wife's three-story folly mansion on the beach is unfinished and decaying, and the closed Lighthouse store and Pemex station and store in Primo Tapia and if you look up into the hills to the east, he owns everything in view all the way up to the Jersey dairy.

Also, add in the numerous workers' suits that have been brought against the family.

At one time a couple of years ago, armed military troops were overseeing access to the homes at Cantamar.

It sounds like whoever Ruben was aligned with has lost decision making power.

[Edited on 1-17-2014 by Gypsy Jan]

Hook - 1-17-2014 at 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
It sounds like whoever Ruben was aligned with has lost decision making power.

[Edited on 1-17-2014 by Gypsy Jan]

Only till his attorney comes up with more money than the other's attorney. :lol:

It is an Interesting Family Quarrel

Gypsy Jan - 1-17-2014 at 02:51 PM

I am not flattering myself (or maybe, I am), but the elderly Sr. Borja asked me if I wanted to be his next wife when we were sitting next to each other at Ruben's.

My husband has never taken me for a meal at Ruben's since then.

willardguy - 1-17-2014 at 03:20 PM

maybe its time to reopen the las gaviotas location?