BajaNomad

gigante Mapas de Baja avail again

capt. mike - 1-24-2014 at 04:14 PM

plus some of Sonora, the sea of Cortez and pacific included. you can trim those off if you want. It takes an assemblage of 3 charts at 1:500,000 scale to get all of the peninsula depicted. Cost incl shipping USA is $106 check or paypal add 3%. PM me for Qs. Full size mounted is 7 ft x 6 ft.

see history on this product here:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=71771

[Edited on 1-25-2014 by capt. mike]

David K - 1-24-2014 at 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
plus some of Sonora, the sea of Cortez and pacific included. you can trim those off if you want. It takes an assemblage of 3 charts at 1:500,000 scale to get all of the peninsula depicted. Cost incl shipping USA is $106 check or paypal add 3%. PM me for Qs. Full size mounted is 7 ft x 6 ft.

Close up, enhanced from emailed photo.

Here is how Shell Island and the sulfur mine area is shown. The numbers 4 - 5 are the max elevation in that sector of the map, 4,500'. So pilots should fly higher... Did I get that right Capt. Mike?

capt. mike - 1-25-2014 at 01:02 PM

yes , that is correct and thx for making the pix. Contact me for orders here via PM. or email direct at n7369p at q dot com

i can also now due to available digital files get same type of maps for any section of the world you'd like. As in parts of Afrika for Dakar Rally. All charts are no longer in print by DOD since they have sat imagery and glass c-ckpits with the digitized files. These tactical pilotage charts are full color, topo, with roads, rail lines, cities, special ground features like mines etc. They do not have radio frequencies but show airports both dirt and paved.

When we flew to Yucatan peninsula in 1980 we had to use one of these for that area as no other aeronautical charts for VFR in that area were available. I did have Mexican IFR charts as well and used those more than once in conditions required.

CortezBlue - 1-30-2014 at 07:14 PM

El Capitan
It is your neighbor in Mesa,

How much?

msawin - 1-30-2014 at 08:50 PM

I have bought two over the past ten years.. They are great... I need an other one.

capt. mike - 2-2-2014 at 01:06 PM

$106 incl shipping USA. Sorry it went up but distributor has control of stock as DOD is not printing them ever again.

capt. mike - 2-21-2014 at 08:58 AM

Congrats to Nomad B.W. who just ordered her new giant map of Baja! Enjoy it!

DawnPatrol - 2-21-2014 at 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike

see history on this product here:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=71771

Capt. Mike... do they come folded, or in a tube? Thanks in advance
Alan from San Diego

[Edited on 1-25-2014 by capt. mike]

capt. mike - 2-22-2014 at 09:47 AM

they are folded but a big fold. say 14 x 14 i think. I can ship them in a tube if you want same $$ but the distributor will just unfold and roll.

the lay flat nice once unfolded and you can weight them with coffee table books before you wall mount if you want. I never had to though - i just assembled them at the proper alignments and placed on wall. In days you did not notice any fold lines. No creases actually. Also - i can deliver to you as digital files and you can arrange your own printing. Same price though.

Giant Baja maps available again!

capt. mike - 7-26-2014 at 11:59 AM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=71819

$106 by check includes shipping.

Add $3 for paypal.

Just sent another one out to a nomad.

fully assembled it is 6' x 7' wall mount covering Baja, sea of Cortez and much of Sonora.

mark all your trips!

chivatojoe - 7-26-2014 at 01:19 PM

Any Pictures of map ?

bufeo - 7-26-2014 at 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chivatojoe
Any Pictures of map ?

Yes. Follow the link provided above.

Allen R.

Bajahowodd - 7-26-2014 at 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
El Capitan
It is your neighbor in Mesa,

How much?

It is in his opening post!

So helpful, as ever. Would it have cut into your busy schedule to have just posted the price? Sheesh!

mtgoat666 - 7-26-2014 at 08:29 PM

If you like maps, check out Raven Maps wall map of Mexico:

Ravenmaps.com

and maps from guia roji: http://tienda.guiaroji.com.mx/impresos/mapa-mural-de-estado....

[Edited on 7-27-2014 by mtgoat666]

Bajahowodd - 7-27-2014 at 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
I am not the one selling them. See the first post. Have a nice day.

U 2:lol::lol::lol: