BajaNomad

Bahia de Los Angeles Motels

bbbait - 12-2-2004 at 09:40 AM

Is there an updated list with numbers somewhere? Thanks, Wayno

David K - 12-2-2004 at 11:13 PM

Try Carlos Fiesta's site... http://www.bajaexpo.com

bbbait - 12-4-2004 at 08:24 AM

Thanks David. And thanks for the Alphonsina's numbers as well. We still have not received a response from them so LA Bay is rapidly becoming plan B.

David K - 12-4-2004 at 08:53 AM

If you arrive at Alfonsina's and they are full, Bahia de L.A. is 3 hours away (incl. stop at Coco's). Raquel & Larry's is much like Alfonsina's (small motel and restaurant). Raquel & Larry's email is bahiatours*at*yahoo.com (they have satellite Internet there).

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by David K]

4baja - 12-5-2004 at 05:56 PM

if you want to stay in town then stay at casa de sol, great rooms and food. :coolup: much better then rachels!!!

David K - 12-5-2004 at 06:27 PM

Agreed that COSTA DEL SOL is the nicest motel in Bahia.

hey Wayno -

capt. mike - 12-6-2004 at 07:10 AM

there are a lot of pictures over at www.baja.net taken by Stephen Ford in the off road section about the baja 1000 this year where he staged at BOLA for all his photos. He has pictures of Larry and Raquels.
last year on a whale trip i stayed at del Sol for a night as the clients wanted to stay there. i thought it was clean but WAY over priced. would rather have been at Larry's and on the water. besides, who needs "town" in BOLA if you have a decent bar at your hotel. and if i had wheels i'd explore Doc's place too for cheap digs and good people around.:lol:

bbbait - 12-6-2004 at 12:31 PM

Thanks for the replys guys. We stayed at Larry and Raquel's a couple of months ago when we went to Bahia Guadelupe and it was plenty good. The big binoculars up on the sundeck are great to scan the whole area....

Bob H - 12-7-2004 at 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
... would rather have been at Larry's and on the water. besides, who needs "town" in BOLA if you have a decent bar at your hotel. :lol:

Capt. Mike - I see you still have your priorities straight!

Hope you are feeling better.
Bob H :)