BajaNomad

Paola in La Mision

huesos - 2-7-2014 at 04:55 PM

This restaurant may have been reviewed previously but I would like to say that the ladies here provide the best home cooked style traditional Mexican food in the area. All the restaurants that I see are straight grill operations. This one is a welcome change. Your best bet is to order one of the days specials. For all I know, that may be the only available plates that day. The only restaurant that I have seen from San Diego South doing this style is Super Cocina on University. It, of course, has a larger and more complex selection, serving a lot larger market.

BajaGeoff - 2-7-2014 at 05:58 PM

Sounds great! Where in La Mision is it? I have driven through that area a bunch but have never noticed a restaurant named Paola. I'd love to check it out....

La Mision

dpwahoo - 2-7-2014 at 06:37 PM

Right next door to the first grocery store on the left going through town. We were there once, and although good, I think only 2 things on the menu. that was later at night, so dont know about during the day.:O

BornFisher - 2-7-2014 at 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dpwahoo
Right next door to the first grocery store on the left going through town. We were there once, and although good, I think only 2 things on the menu. that was later at night, so dont know about during the day.:O

Well I know there is more than one grocery store in La Mission, so if you are going south through town, then the first grocery would be on the east side of the road. Going north, it would be on the west side. So......................... please, north or south???

Paola

dpwahoo - 2-8-2014 at 09:32 AM

Going south through town, next door to the first grocery to the left.:cool:

directions

huesos - 2-8-2014 at 10:16 AM

Right access from the main road into the town center on the North side of the river. Directly across from Magana's. Small,hard to see, very clean, and as I mentioned, there will only be two things on the menu. This is the way it used to be in Baja and in the Midwest for that matter. It is supposed to be like eating at someones home kitchen, which hopefully it is. While not always perfect, this place tries to produce quality.