BajaNomad

New hotel in Bahia de los Angeles

jeanie - 12-6-2004 at 03:44 PM

There is a beautiful new hotel in Bahia de los Angeles - named Villa Bahia - about 2 miles north of town on the beach. They have kayaks for guests use - a bbq area - beautiful rooms. Can accomodate up to 40 people. see their web site at www.vacationrentals.com or email dd4239@hotmail. com for info.

Mike Humfreville - 12-6-2004 at 05:11 PM

I watched them build it from time to time and it seems like a really nice place. However, I've been told they were asking somewhere around $150/night and no one was willing to pay that. Then apparently they reduced their price somewhat but were willing to accept $85.00 if offered.

I couldn't say what a reasonable price is because of their location being so far from town. But in the final analysis, they can only charge what folks are willing to pay if they want any business.

Mike is it possible

Ken Bondy - 12-6-2004 at 06:24 PM

that you are talking about the new hotel Los Vientos? The place jeanie is talking about is a large house (8 bedrooms, sleeps 30 says the referenced website).
++Ken++

Ken,

Mike Humfreville - 12-6-2004 at 06:50 PM

You are SOOO right. I have seen this place before (on nomads. I don't have any knowledge and don't know where it is, but it looks great. I wouldn't call it a hotel as it seems to be more like a lodge.

What my post assumed was responding to the words "new hotel" in Bahia de Los Angeles. I wanted to get this correction out before I misled someone. Now I'll go back and read about jeanie's place at their web site.

Nikon - 12-6-2004 at 08:16 PM

Unless you like clicking yourself to sleep, this will take you there;
http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/13432.html

David K - 12-6-2004 at 11:56 PM

Great pics Stephen, thanks.

The camp next door is La Ventana. Marv and Gail Sherril (Baja Calendars and Dana Hills High Marine Biology Fieldtrip to Bahia Las Animas fame, have a home there). Nice people!

The 2005 Baja Calendars will be out soon, and Doug will have them for sale here at Baja Nomad's Tienda!

marla - 12-22-2004 at 11:44 AM

I have a grudge against new hotel Los Vientos without having seen it. My friend Steve C. is moving his trailer because he says they are making too much noise. They rent jetskis and let people shoot off fireworks and he said it's obnoxious. The neighbors have complained to the owner but he doesn't care. Too bad I might have tried staying there in luxury if they were better neighbors.

Glad I didn't say that!

jrbaja - 12-22-2004 at 12:06 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

cool!!!

capt. mike - 12-22-2004 at 03:31 PM

sounds like my kind of place!!

marla - 12-23-2004 at 12:10 PM

I don't go to LA Bay to listen to noise. If I want to hear jetskis and other loud crap I will stay home in Long Beach. I go to BoLA to drink in the beauty and serenity.

burritomama - 12-23-2004 at 01:00 PM

I'm with Marla.

Me too!

Mike Humfreville - 12-23-2004 at 01:19 PM

But, just to keep the record straight, I initially assummed the initial post was about the new hotel, Las Brisas or Los Vientos (I think). But the place jeanie (originator of this thread) was describing is not the hotel. When I read through the link Nikon posted it was clear that jeanie was talk about not a hotel, but a large rental, closer to town. It sounds great and I just didn't want anyone to get the two confused. The rental would be a great place for a large get-together.

I'm with Marla!!!!!

capt. mike - 12-24-2004 at 08:40 AM

I go there to drink too!!!:bounce::lol::spingrin: