BajaNomad

Unplanned outage this morning

BajaNomad - 4-2-2014 at 10:39 AM

I had an unusual DNS issue on another server this morning (that controls the name service for this one), making the site inaccessible for what looks like a 3 hour window this morning.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I expect to do some planned maintenance - and moving the site to another system - in the next few days/weeks. Please know to expect some upcoming outages during this process. I'll attempt to do as much of that as I can overnight when there's less traffic here.

-
Doug

David K - 4-2-2014 at 10:41 AM

Thank you Doug for keeping Nomad alive and strong! I look forward to seeing the upgrades!

cocoscabana - 4-2-2014 at 10:43 AM

Thanks Doug!! We are fine with whatever changes you make. I was just worried that it was me or my system!!! Being of the generation that is not so technically smart...you know... eh???

MitchMan - 4-2-2014 at 10:48 AM

You the man, Doug.

Pompano - 4-2-2014 at 10:53 AM

I'll wipe the Holy Water from my computer.

Udo - 4-2-2014 at 12:47 PM

Thanks Doug!

You can ignore the e-mails I sent you. I thought my IP address was being blocked by Nomads.

Cisco - 4-2-2014 at 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
Thanks Doug!

You can ignore the e-mails I sent you. I thought my IP address was being blocked by Nomads.

Gee, and I thought it was NSA.

Could we have a paranoia check section please?

DENNIS - 7-26-2016 at 07:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Pompano  

What ever became of Pompano...Roger? :?:

Udo - 7-26-2016 at 07:50 AM

Is there any way of implementing a "LIKE" radio button?:P:bounce::P

LancairDriver - 7-26-2016 at 08:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

You can't help but miss one of the most prolific and interesting Nomad contributors ever. Hope to hear from him soon.

shari - 7-26-2016 at 08:13 AM

oh Pompano.....how I love thee....and that you can make me spit coffee on my keyboard!!!

Oh and you too Doug...thanks for being you...and can you please help me with my avatar that has been on strike for months now?

BajaNomad - 7-26-2016 at 08:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  

... can you please help me with my avatar that has been on strike for months now?

There's currently no image location (URL) specified in your profile. Uncertain what may have happened. Will need a new URL location of the image you want to use.

Thx!

shari - 7-26-2016 at 08:45 AM

i think the old image site I had my avatar on went down the tubes... I think it was image shack...oh well...time for a new whale.

BajaNomad - 7-26-2016 at 08:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
i think the old image site I had my avatar on went down the tubes... I think it was image shack...oh well...time for a new whale.

I had to downsize it to fit.

All set.

shari - 7-26-2016 at 08:59 AM

Wooo Hooo...ask and ye shall receive! muchas gracias Doug...you da bomb!

Bajahowodd - 7-26-2016 at 04:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Seriously?