BajaNomad

Medical Marijuana illegal in Mexico

bajachris - 4-7-2014 at 04:47 PM

Just crossed the boarder from San Diego and noticed a sign in the USA. It said "Medical Marijuana illegal in Mexico". It was right after the "Guns are illegal in Mexico" sign.

DENNIS - 4-7-2014 at 04:50 PM

I wouldn't be trying to cross back into the US with it either. Federal officers have federal laws to enforce.

bajachris - 4-7-2014 at 04:53 PM

I agree. It's only legal in California and some other states, but not federally. Definitely not something worth ending up in US or Mexican jail for.

Bob53 - 4-7-2014 at 05:25 PM

Yeah, I saw that sign too. It must be a fairly new sign or maybe not since I usually drive in tunnel vision mode.

EnsenadaDr - 4-7-2014 at 05:30 PM

I think because many believe they can cross into Mexico and be OK if they have a "Medical Marijuana" card. NOT.

bledito - 4-7-2014 at 05:37 PM

i thought i heard somewhere hearsay not fact that there was a decriminalization of small quantity in mexico like most of the usa a few grams is like a misdemeanor with a fine. any factual asis in this hearsay?

EnsenadaDr - 4-7-2014 at 05:42 PM

try getting out of a Mexican jail with a misdemeanor. I wouldn't want to be in there for even one night. Attorneys fees, impounding of your car, and who knows what you have to pay for a fee. Para mi, no vale la pena.

[Edited on 4-8-2014 by EnsenadaDr]

DENNIS - 4-7-2014 at 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bledito
i thought i heard somewhere hearsay not fact that there was a decriminalization of small quantity in mexico like most of the usa a few grams is like a misdemeanor with a fine. any factual asis in this hearsay?

There is something in place, but more for the Mexican offender. Trying as a foreigner to get protection may be possible, but it wouldn't be cheap or easy. We're supposed to be down here for reasons other than breaking laws.

Cliffy - 4-7-2014 at 06:22 PM

You can't legislate stupidity!

Trying to bring dope into Mexico is about as stupid as trying to bring a gun there.
Dumb Dumb Dumb

Honesty is the BEST Policy

MrBillM - 4-7-2014 at 08:31 PM

No Problem.

It is recommended that ALL persons bringing Medical Marijuana into Mexico declare it to a Border Officer when entering.

Said declaration WILL be handled appropriately by the authorities.

55steve - 4-7-2014 at 08:45 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/21/world/americas/21mexico.ht...

EnsenadaDr - 4-8-2014 at 04:06 AM

hahahaha....go ahead and try it and see what type of "treatment" they recommend.
Quote:
Originally posted by 55steve
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/21/world/americas/21mexico.ht...

Martyman - 4-8-2014 at 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
I think because many believe they can cross into Mexico and be OK if they have a "Medical Marijuana" card. NOT.

With hair like that (in your photo)you must smoke weed DR. If you don't bring it down where do you get it?

EnsenadaDr - 4-8-2014 at 11:46 AM

That is my daughter. I don't smoke pot or cigarettes. I have had asthma all my life and can't be around any kind of smoke.
Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
Quote:

With hair like that (in your photo)you must smoke weed DR. If you don't bring it down where do you get it?

Cypress - 4-8-2014 at 12:01 PM

Pot ought to be legal worldwide. Don't smoke pot or anything else, but it's a travesty of justice for alcohol to be legal and pot to be illegal. There're way more problems associated with alcohol than pot. The only crowd that benefits from keeping pot illegal are lawyers, law enforcement, pharmaceuticals, and the alcohol industry(beer, whiskey, wine, etc.).;)

DENNIS - 4-8-2014 at 12:07 PM

Can anyone imagine how many people, world wide, are employed because of the wicked weed? :?:

Martyman - 4-8-2014 at 01:51 PM

Quote:
That is my daughter. I don't smoke pot or cigarettes. I have had asthma all my life and can't be around any kind of smoke.
Quote:
Quote:

Well...where does she get it?

55steve - 4-8-2014 at 02:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well...where does she get it?

C'mon, really? I thought everyone knew that San Quintin has pot that rivals the good stuff in Ca. I'm pretty sure MOST surfers know this. Do you think that every one of those Los Pinos greenhouses are growing veggies?

bledito - 4-8-2014 at 03:44 PM

like any where else if you want it you ask around someone will eventually point you in the right direction

Asking Around

MrBillM - 4-8-2014 at 04:17 PM

At one time (and Still ?) in Jamaica, it was common to sell Weed to the Tourist and then peddle the buyer info to the law.

For an added boost to the local economy.

I would be surprised if that practice wasn't practiced in Mexico.

Lee - 4-8-2014 at 06:31 PM

Think everyone agrees that the US's war on drugs was and is a dismal failure. I'm guessing mota going South is for personal consumption and premium compared to the bottom drawer grown for locals. Details just aren't talked about on forums.

Eventually, as in my lifetime, most of the US will have legal medicinal mota and recreational dispensaries will be plentiful.

Still, let's keep the foreign drugs out of the US.

bledito - 4-14-2014 at 06:57 PM

:lol: i,m sure it is

DENNIS - 4-14-2014 at 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Still, let's keep the foreign drugs out of the US.

Seems as though the foreigners are in the states growing it. :o

DENNIS - 4-14-2014 at 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
Ah, Dennis, just check the tax rolls of all the cities in CA.... there are MANY legit home growers of legal pot that are taxed and issued grow permits... a lot of those growers just normal people with an extra room popping out a pound and a half a month of high grade weed.

None the less, Frank, the Mexican cartels are major growers in the states. So I hear and read anyway.

bajaspuds - 10-9-2014 at 04:17 PM

... no one is bringing it in to peddle, are they?

Martyman - 10-10-2014 at 11:24 AM

Beach Bob found a bale washed up on the beach in BdeLA a few years back. Not the best quality but it did the trick in a pinch.
Also my kid got busted for weed in Ensenada paid $40 usd and they gave him back the roach. Don't listen to the above talk about jail-they don't know anything (like usual)

bajalearner - 10-10-2014 at 12:42 PM

Wow, after reading all this, I thinking my medical cocaine card might not be worth the brown paper bag it's written on.

I'll ask my Dr. as soon as he's paroled.