BajaNomad

Write and read emails offline

abalonebabe - 4-15-2014 at 02:15 PM

I have Windows 8.1 and use the online OUTLOOK email when I am in the states.

Does anyone know what email program I can install that will allow me to download emails when I go into San Felipe and then read and compose emails when I am at mi casa where I do not have any internet service. Also, I would like access to my contacts information offline.

Then when I go again into town, I can send out emails I have written.

Alm - 4-17-2014 at 01:31 PM

Outlook is a part of MS Office, not MS Windows. Which means that you can install Outlook separately, and it doesn't have to be of the same vintage as your windows.

I chose to install Outlook 2007 with Win7, even though there was Outlook 2013 available at that time. Just didn't like the look of Outlook 13. I don't have any problems composing emails and saving them in Draft folder when off-line.

vgabndo - 4-17-2014 at 02:04 PM

More difficult but effective...you could compose in Word, and copy to your e-mail. I can't remember an e-mail program that I've had that didn't allow for saving drafts though.

BajaNomad - 4-17-2014 at 09:44 PM

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thunderbird-and-hotmail

Alm - 4-18-2014 at 11:19 AM

Yeah, yeah, Word and 3-rd party clients...

I don't understand why the problem arose, in the first place. A while ago I tried Outlook 2013 as a free trial offer from MS (didn't like it, like I said, and went back to 'look 07). If memory doesn't fail me, 'look 13 has Drafts folder, same as all the previous versions, where you can save composed unsent messages.

[Edited on 4-18-2014 by Alm]