BajaNomad

A great dining experience at Laja (as always)

astrobaja - 4-15-2014 at 05:42 PM

Pics and text from our new website and blog:

http://bajadarkskies.com/blog/

cheers

Mike

Ateo - 4-15-2014 at 05:55 PM

Friggen beautiful photos. Such nice resolution. I wanna try that place next time I'm in the area. Nice nature photos. Diggin the sunspot too.

Udo - 4-15-2014 at 06:04 PM

You can not go wrong with the food at Laja's.

My only issue is the noisy room.
It is impossible to have a quiet conversation with the person next to you.

Lindalou - 4-15-2014 at 06:28 PM

I think these are the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen....Thank you so much for sharing...:bounce:

Cliffy - 4-15-2014 at 06:37 PM

It would be nice for those of us not familiar with Baja to know where these places are. Not everyone who reads this website is intimately familiar with all areas of Baja.

MMc - 4-15-2014 at 06:38 PM

Laja's has good food, really, really good food. We love the place.
Mike, I miss your post here, I always thought you brought a insite that others needed to hear. I just book marked you blog so I can follow you, Thanks, MMc

durrelllrobert - 4-15-2014 at 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
You can not go wrong with the food at Laja's.

My only issue is the noisy room.
It is impossible to have a quiet conversation with the person next to you.

Next time try the person behind you :lol:

bajaguy - 4-15-2014 at 06:42 PM

Laja is at KM 83 on Hwy 3 between Ensenada and Tecate.

We have found that Finca Altozano about 1/2 mile on the dirt road past the driveway to Laja is a better, more relaxed dining experience.

If you want to visit a great family operated winery, try Lechuza, also at KM 83, just up the highway from Laja

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffy
It would be nice for those of us not familiar with Baja to know where these places are. Not everyone who reads this website is intimately familiar with all areas of Baja.

MMc - 4-15-2014 at 06:44 PM

http://lajamexico.com/en/
Cliffy, try Google. This is the first thing that can up. I sure you'll get a map, GPS points, and turn by turn directions soon enough.

Cliffy - 4-15-2014 at 06:45 PM

As we are planing on leaving for Tecate in a week (pending the arrival of the house sitter) I have copied this info to my Baja trip log'
Thanks

durrelllrobert - 4-15-2014 at 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffy

If you opened the link you would know that it is located in the Valle del Guadalupe

elgatoloco - 4-15-2014 at 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by astrobaja
Pics and text from our new website and blog:

http://bajadarkskies.com/blog/

cheers

Mike

Wow. Great stuff. Silkmoth is beautiful, sunspot and prominence are spectacular. IMHO. :saint:

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 4-15-2014 at 09:34 PM

Hola,

fantastic photo journal tour through your very impressive meal. can you tell us how much this wonderful meal cost ?

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Cliffy - 4-15-2014 at 10:10 PM

X2 :-)

skipowell - 4-15-2014 at 10:15 PM

Laja is our all around favorite in Guadalupe Valley
We have enjoyed Carazon de Tierra but our last trip there the food was a bit to eccentric
Laja always satisfies everyone in the group with out going to far overboard.

Looking forward to the summer though because Deckman's is also amazing but it is seasonal

great pictures and details! I want to go when they black abalone. bummer is you never know what you are going to get until you get there.

astrobaja - 4-16-2014 at 10:22 AM

Glad everyone liked the pictures :spingrin: My Wife Pamela is a superb photographer!

So yes we will be putting up pictures of nature themes, moon & sun images as I do them (with my new Hydrogen Alpha solar telescope) and reviews of Baja locations that we think are noteworthy

Desert-Rat - the meal came out too be 1300 pesos per person which included a wine pairing for each course. Without the wine it was $895 pesos. Maybe to some that might sound way too expensive but if you were to go to a comparable place in say the Napa valley you would pay double easily (there is nowhere in San Diego that even comes close to the quality of Laja IMHO)

Cliffy - 4-16-2014 at 06:16 PM

There is a difference between eating and dining!