BajaNomad

**Planned downtime for site maintenance**

BajaNomad - 5-2-2014 at 01:36 PM

Am in the middle of some BajaNomad site maintenance - and will have some planned downtime at the end of this particular stage.

Currently looking at accomplishing this during what is typically the lightest-use time of the week - between 1a-5a (PDT) this Sunday morning (May 4th).

Shouldn't take even that long, but you never know. If I need it - I may take even more time further through the day on Sunday to make sure these particular changes are completed.

While there will be more upcoming maintenance on the site, I am not anticipating any further downtime.

Thank you!

Doug

[Edited on 5-5-2014 by BajaNomad]

bufeo - 5-2-2014 at 01:56 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, Doug, and I'll try not to let that downtime interfere with my beauty sleep. :D

Thanks also for the forum. It remains a great source of information.

Allen R

vgabndo - 5-2-2014 at 02:15 PM

Thanks for all you do Doug. I hope the work goes well. I'll plan my addiction around your schedule.:lol:

DENNIS - 5-2-2014 at 02:20 PM

Jeeezo....the animals in OT might resort to eating their young.

Whale-ista - 5-2-2014 at 03:07 PM

Thanks for managing the site and keeping us informed.

I appreciate all the time and work you donate to us!

durrelllrobert - 5-2-2014 at 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Jeeezo....the animals in OT might resort to eating their young.
I doubt if any of them are nocturnal like Doug.

Lindalou - 5-2-2014 at 04:29 PM

Thank you Doug.

BajaBlanca - 5-2-2014 at 04:39 PM

Muchas gracias!

willardguy - 5-2-2014 at 04:55 PM

oh man this is gonna wreak havoc on the guys(guy) that uses the 24 hour post "something" every 10 minutes program!:lol:

David K - 5-2-2014 at 05:01 PM

Thank you, this site makes the lives of Baja people and people who love Baja richer... I look forward to the upgrades. Good luck!

Loretana - 5-2-2014 at 05:50 PM

As ever, thank you so very much for your hard work!

bacquito - 5-2-2014 at 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Am in the middle of some BajaNomad site maintenance - and will have some planned downtime at the end of this particular stage.

Currently looking at accomplishing this during what is typically the lightest-use time of the week - between 1a-5a (PDT) this Sunday morning (May 4th).

Shouldn't take even that long, but you never know. If I need it - I may take even more time further through the day on Sunday to make sure these particular changes are completed.

While there will be more upcoming maintenance on the site, I am not anticipating any further downtime.

Thank you!

Doug

The thanks are to you!!

fixtrauma - 5-2-2014 at 08:36 PM

I am taking this moment to thank you for this site. Blessings.

DocRey - 5-2-2014 at 08:57 PM

Muchas gracias.:yes:

JohnMcfrog - 5-3-2014 at 06:00 AM

Thanks Doug. Your efforts make this site one of my favorite places to visit.

acadist - 5-3-2014 at 06:04 AM

;)

BajaNomad - 5-3-2014 at 10:08 PM

I appreciate the incredibly kind comments - and that's putting it lightly.

A reminder that I'm still planning on making the site unavailable later this evening. I posted a 1am intention (as that's usually the time when things just drop off on Saturday nights [Sunday mornings]), but if it seems rather slow, I might do so as early as 11:30pm - or thereabouts.

The site will be closed until I can finish the intended maintenance. I've posted a 4 hour window, but that's just a conservative guess. If all goes well, it'll take perhaps 2 hours. If there are "challenges" - well, I'll take as much of Sunday as needed to complete the work.

Thank you all again for such supportive comments about the site. :)

-
Doug

[Edited on 5-4-2014 by BajaNomad]

BajaNomad - 5-4-2014 at 04:20 PM

There's more work to do than I thought. Bummer.

Choosing to turn the site back on at this point instead of leaving it off further. Will advise later of maintenance still to come.

Thank you.

[Edited on 5-5-2014 by BajaNomad]

David K - 5-4-2014 at 04:48 PM

Thank you Doug!

DENNIS - 5-4-2014 at 05:00 PM

Thanks Doug. We appreciate your efforts. Welcome back.

ELINVESTIG8R - 5-4-2014 at 05:32 PM

Thank you Doug!!!

24baja - 5-4-2014 at 07:42 PM

Oh how i missed you bajanomad board, i am so glad you are back! Thanks doug!