BajaNomad

BonFire Chicken

MitchMan - 5-22-2014 at 04:43 PM

I BBQ'd some Mexican chicken over mesquite wood flame. Mexican chickens are the best, btw. When I BBQ chicken, I always filet the breast and cook it over the cooler part of the mesquite coals, and only so much as to just barely cook the center of the filet; sometimes it comes out ever so slightly pink. For me, it's done.

Later in the evening or the next day after left over white meat is pulled from the fridge, take that white meat, slice it into small flat cuts that are about 1 inch wide and 1-1/2 inches long, put it on a long skewer and re-heat that morsel in the hot flame of small bonfire in a fire ring and eat that meat right off the skewer and you will be in heaven.

Did that the other night when I had left over BBQ'd chicken and my wife and I thought we would enjoy some Pacificos in the early evening while sitting in front of our fire ring with flaming mesquite. The pieces of chicken were fantastic. Can't wait to do it again.

Bob53 - 5-22-2014 at 04:45 PM

Sounds delicious.

MitchMan - 5-22-2014 at 04:46 PM

Some things taste better the next day, this is one of them.

24baja - 5-22-2014 at 05:14 PM

Wow, that sounds great we will have to give it a try. Thanks for the idea!

chuckie - 5-22-2014 at 05:25 PM

Oh My!..Yes yes

desertcpl - 5-23-2014 at 05:02 PM

the best BBQ chicken I have ever had period

was in a small town between PV and Mazatlán off the hwy

cant remember its name,

they had the Chicken butterflied and marinating in citrus

juice in and old coke chest

then cooked over mesquite

oh my was they good,, the chicken are not like what we get NOB,, these are range feed and small but the favors was off the chart

Barry A. - 5-23-2014 at 05:39 PM

Yum yum is all that comes to mind when I read posts like Mitch, and you others just posted.

Yum Yum for sure!!!

Barry

bajalearner - 5-23-2014 at 05:46 PM

I didn't expect the MX chicken would be better than US. I will try it. I love yard bird.