BajaNomad

Cerveza

mcgyver - 8-27-2003 at 05:28 AM

I discovered Dos Equis Amber in my local supermarket. Is it available in Baja or is it just a import? I also like Modelo Negro. Are there other dark cerveza's I have not discovered in Baja?. Maybe a Cerveza poll is in order although I am sure its been done before.

Cervasa

meme - 8-28-2003 at 09:53 AM

:lol: You can buy the cervasas you mention and several others in San Felipe!
Both at bars, resturants and Agencies.:P

Cervezas Negras

Ski Baja - 8-28-2003 at 10:52 AM

In my opinion, you have not tasted dark beer until you have tried the darks from the Tijuana Beer Co. Thanks to Dave and Jesse on the Amigos board, I learned what I had been missing living here in Baja, a Brewery. And it turned out to be the best Brewery I have ever been to.
We only tried 3 of the 6 or 7 different types this time but we will be going back in the near future to broaden our horizons. Their menu was incredible as well so next time we will stay for dinner.
These were some of the best beers I have ever tasted. I recommend the brewery in T.J. to all Amigos.

BajaNomad - 8-28-2003 at 11:22 AM

Another dark beer is Bohemia.

I wasn't aware of the brewery in Tijuana. Is there any more info on it, including the location? I can look it up online, but would still be interested in a few more details....

TJ Brewskies

Ski Baja - 8-28-2003 at 03:43 PM

I believe the name is officially Restaurante La Taberna and it is located at the Tijuana Beer Brewery. And, it is nice. Designed in a Norwegian theme, there is a bar upon entering, dining to the right and left as well as upstairs and the actual brewery is to the north.
You can arrange for tours through the brewery at the restaurant. Top notch
Negocio !!
Blvd. Fundadores, 1 block east of where Revolution turns into Agua Caliente.

Bajabus - 8-28-2003 at 04:04 PM

Noche buena made by the tecate Co. only for a few months each year around christmas is a fantastic full bodied amber beer. Very yummie!!!

Dave - 8-28-2003 at 06:10 PM

Well, when are we goin' JR? I'm THIRSTY!

Anonymous - 8-28-2003 at 06:34 PM

It is truly amazing the amount of information that you can get on this forum
simply by asking a question!!
Thanks All

Now about where that trunk of silver pesos are buied ???????????????????

Quote:
Originally posted by Ski Baja
In my opinion, you have not tasted dark beer until you have tried the darks from the Tijuana Beer Co. Thanks to Dave and Jesse on the Amigos board, I learned what I had been missing living here in Baja, a Brewery. And it turned out to be the best Brewery I have ever been to.
We only tried 3 of the 6 or 7 different types this time but we will be going back in the near future to broaden our horizons. Their menu was incredible as well so next time we will stay for dinner.
These were some of the best beers I have ever tasted. I recommend the brewery in T.J. to all Amigos.

Thirst

Ski Baja - 8-29-2003 at 02:54 PM

Dave , let's shoot for Tuesday. I have some relatives surfing down by you and I would like to take em there when they head north on Tues. And I do believe that's your day off, no?
Anyone else interested ?

Cerveza

Capt. George - 8-29-2003 at 03:00 PM

Hiccup, here I come Loreto, twenty years a NYC Firefighter, plenty of practice. Liked Modello & Pacifico. Hope they don't run out before October!

Capt. George

JESSE - 9-3-2003 at 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Another dark beer is Bohemia.

I wasn't aware of the brewery in Tijuana. Is there any more info on it, including the location? I can look it up online, but would still be interested in a few more details....

Just to correct that Nomad sir, Negra Modelo is a dark beer, Bohemia is not, but in my humble Mexican opinion, Bohemia is one of the best Mexican beers in the market, certaintly amongst the top 5.