BajaNomad

Campgrounds in La Paz

bajajudy - 12-13-2004 at 09:20 AM

A few weeks back there was a post about camping in La Paz. Does anyone remember what the 2 spots in town were called and where they were?

wornout - 12-17-2004 at 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
A few weeks back there was a post about camping in La Paz. Does anyone remember what the 2 spots in town were called and where they were?

We stayed at Aquamarina RV in 2000 and it wasn't bad. It is at the NE end of town and on the Marina naturally. Lots of flowers and plants. Good luck....

You can camp

Tucker - 12-17-2004 at 10:05 PM

on the beach at the Los Aripez Trailer Park in El Centenario.

bajajudy - 12-18-2004 at 06:11 PM

Missed all your replies because I was in La Paz. Read about the one near the marina but never found it. El Cordon is closed and rapidly becoming a housing project. Stayed at Aripez in Oct and was unimpressed.
We wound up in La Paz RV park(160p). It is near Posada. You head for the hotel and take a left on the last road running parellel to the bay and go down 5 or 6 blocks...its walled and secure but lacking in ambiance. Once again my husband had the t-bone at Caffe Milano and although they had gone up on the price it was alot of meat and delicious. I had their homemade Italian sausage and it was wonderful.
We hit town at 5 on Dec 15th. Many of you probably know that is the day that everyone in Mexico gets paid for the first two week in Dec and their Christmas bonus. Town was a traffic nightmare and we were in our camper(86 Ford Lariat with 6 pack camper) which is pretty tall and wide. We wound up paying a kid at the Burger King parking lot 20 pesos to let us park there.