BajaNomad

fishing late January--East Cape

Anonymous - 12-13-2004 at 06:02 PM

Fishing out of San Jose late Jan. '05--any captains particularily outstanding? Any to avoid? Cruiser vs minicruiser cost? How far out are the tuna that time of year?

Me No - 12-13-2004 at 07:24 PM

This is a question for mister chuck. The fishing moderator at Baja.net. He has lived on the east cape for years and fishes all the time, when the weather is cooperating.

yeah, ME-NO is right - ask the Chuckster

capt. mike - 12-14-2004 at 05:46 AM

Also get an issue of Western outdoor News, they recap all action geographically and by months.

bajajudy - 12-14-2004 at 07:46 AM

The following is an article in the LATimes today about fishing here in San Jose. The captain of this panga is Tony and he works with Eric of Gordo Banks. Modesto who works with Tomas Cantor is reputed to be the best but is serious....I mean serious...gets angry if you mess up. All of these guys are out of La Playita which is the closest launch to the Banks and only pangas. But you get to the Banks before anyone else.
Buena suerta

http://www.latimes.com/features/outdoors/?track=mainnav-outd...

tuna

jerry - 12-15-2004 at 10:37 PM

it was 4 years ago on january 7th two of us went out with victors fleet out of san jose del cabo we went to gordo banks must have been 100 boats there
and cought a few footballs the skipper asked if we wanted to go to gordo banks 2 we didnt know so we said sure when we arrived there were 2 boats with double hook ups big tuna when all was said and done we had 6 tuna 96 lb was the biggest 55 lb the smallest total 445 lb of fish in 2 hours of fishing like shooting them in a barrel and we quite wore out sore limbs my personal best id sure try victors again

tuna

jerry - 12-15-2004 at 10:39 PM

by they way they lounch off the beach it was a panga