BajaNomad

Rudolfo is a real ham.

Pompano - 12-14-2004 at 10:58 AM

I drove into town this morning and there was Rudolfo taking his stroll....so I took his photo again. I have been 'shooting' Rudolfo for many years. He is a real ham, but welcomes the donation for being a 'photo-op.'..easily one of the most photographed characters in southern Baja. He makes his way daily around Mulege centro with no problema...feeling out obstacles with his cane. He is legally blind, but is (or was) also an accomplished guitarist and singer. He entertained us many times in the last 3 decades with charm and style. Rudolfo is quite the ladies man, also, and I can remember the time a charitable and lovely young English lass took Rudolfo to the Candil cafe for lunch...and Rudolfo decided it was time for dessert! But that's a story for another time.......but is was a gasser for us to watch!!

He's very interesting to watch

Bob H - 12-14-2004 at 11:40 AM

you will see him every day you are in Mulege walking around different parts of the town... but lots of times walking in front of El Candil or across the street.

[Edited on 12-14-2004 by Bob H]

Natalie Ann - 12-14-2004 at 01:15 PM

Pompano - 12-15-2004 at 12:30 PM

Nice shot of Rudolfo from the Candil, Natalie Ann. I often sit at that corner table having heuvos rancheros. Just said Feliz Navidad to Rudolfo again this morning, took this ump-teenth picture, and dropped 10 pesos in his poke with my thanks. I need to organize a Rudolfo album in time for Navidad.

Pompano - 12-15-2004 at 12:32 PM

I think I will label that last photo...Rudolfo casts a Long Shadow.

Bob H - 12-15-2004 at 01:12 PM

Great shot Pompano... with that shadow.
Bob H

Natalie Ann - 12-15-2004 at 05:45 PM

That is a real nice shadow photo Pompano.
Possible we might run into one another next time I'm in Mulege - that corner table is also my favorite.