BajaNomad

New Business Enterpise!

chuckie - 7-19-2014 at 03:48 PM

I havnt Talked to my pals Buddha and Msgt Mar..ston about this , but I am sure they will jump right on it! I want to open a Bar called "El Hongo" in San lucas cove. About a 1/2 acre with an 8 foot chain link fence, shielded by Blue tarps (What happens in El Hongo, stays in El Hongo). Entrance door is normal size, exit is only 3 feet high, so you cant get out unless you crawl. Dennis will be in charge of contracts, elections, and logistics. Shari will interview and select the "entertainers". Buddha will be the "Warden" Elinvestig8r in charge of security. I will handle the money (:smug::). Applications for employment and mordidas available shortly...:cool:

motoged - 7-19-2014 at 04:11 PM

Chuckie,
i am interested in being entertainment co-ordinator: music, comedians (smart-a$$es), and jugglers/dancers.

Do you need a resume or just a picture and T-shirt size?:cool:

I can't be there full time until I close down work in 18 months, but that shouldn't matter too much:rolleyes:

shari - 7-19-2014 at 04:20 PM

Hmmm...sounds interesting...but San Lucas cove is way to hot...location location location chuckie. I do have some ideas for acts...

Will there be a paypal account to solicit donations for this new venture?:O

chuckie - 7-19-2014 at 04:25 PM

Motoged, I have actually seen you in person, so PLEASE don't send a picture! I think we can find a place for you in the organization...Full time, I assume means staying awake after nine?

chuckie - 7-19-2014 at 04:27 PM

Shari, Ensenada Doc is in charge of donations, which means there wont be any..

BajaRat - 7-19-2014 at 04:31 PM

I'll handle the beer and ice, and I'll keeps serving till I can't drinks no more. Shari can testify I have quite a resume' :lol:
Oh and Pedro offers you his protection.

micah202 - 7-19-2014 at 04:31 PM

...would there be space for me to have some goats.....and a chicken coop??

David K - 7-19-2014 at 04:34 PM

In the bathroom, the walls will be covered with GPS waypoints to all the lost missions, Jesuit hidden gold, and secret surf breaks along the Seven Sisters!

chuckie - 7-19-2014 at 04:37 PM

Chicken coops are the purvue of Msgt marst..ston, but I'll put in a good word for you..If the goats are female, talk to Shari

mtnpop - 7-19-2014 at 04:47 PM

Chuckie, Chuckie, Chuckie,,,,

The Colorado thin air, keystone light and the afternoon thunder boomers finally took their toll.....
I see you walkin the streets of Westcliffe at 8K altitude and I am worried...
Maybe tho this would be a good project if you sneak some pinecone furniture down with you...

good luck and is it on NASDAQ or???

Bajahowodd - 7-19-2014 at 04:58 PM

Eight foot chain link with tarps is so tastefully Mexican.:no::no:

micah202 - 7-19-2014 at 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Eight foot chain link with tarps is so tastefully Mexican.:no::no:

sorry-the goats would eat palm fronds ....if that's what you're thinking:no:

DENNIS - 7-19-2014 at 05:39 PM

Sheeeit howdy........count me in. Thanks, Chuckie.

bajabuddha - 7-19-2014 at 06:23 PM

I got a Tee shirt that sez. "WILL NOT WORK FOR ANYTHING!"

However, I can be talked into bartending for tips........ and not from local briz's...

Bajaboy - 7-19-2014 at 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
In the bathroom, the walls will be covered with GPS waypoints to all the lost missions, Jesuit hidden gold, and secret surf breaks along the Seven Sisters!

Don't forget a marquee with this week's talking points:lol:

ehall - 7-19-2014 at 09:43 PM

I'm in, designated drinker.

chuckie - 7-20-2014 at 03:54 AM

More exciting news!~ Word of the venture has apparently leaked as I have been approached by a very nice man, a Mr. Ramuna. He owns prime beachfront real estate (titles pending) and has offered to sell us some so that we can franchise! Prices seem reasonable and we would conduct business in the Cayman islands, he says to avoid paperwork. Those interested in a franchise may u2u their SS#s and DOB to me so I can forward them to him. He will take care of the rest (we are on a first name basis, he told me to just call him "El mano)....

Russ - 7-20-2014 at 06:36 AM

Can I do Morning After Photo Promotions?

Bobvaso - 7-20-2014 at 07:12 AM

I suppose this will be a new waypoint for The Baja 1000.

Pescador - 7-20-2014 at 08:40 AM

Buddha plays a mean bass and is pretty hot on the blues. I would bet that he could come up with a theme song for the whole operation. Just make sure you have an iron-clad contract beforehand, because this promises to be a big seller. While it might not go Platinum or Gold, it might well go Aluminum.:lol::lol::lol:

BajaBlanca - 7-20-2014 at 11:24 AM

This was good for a morning laugh! I put in a bid for being the social media moderator ..... Facebook, tweets, you name it!

motoged - 7-20-2014 at 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
Motoged, I have actually seen you in person, so PLEASE don't send a picture! I think we can find a place for you in the organization...Full time, I assume means staying awake after nine?

Chuckie,
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It is becoming clearer to me now....I think you were sitting to my left at the Pizza Party in Mulege last year....with your wife....but I could be mistaken....Pescador was just to your left...????

At any rate, I dug up a picture taken of us together later that evening. We could be brothers....:saint:

Don't forget.....I buy the first round at the Serenidad if you are in town in January (first week).....:cool:

chuckie - 7-20-2014 at 01:51 PM

I shall be there..(the lady at the pizza joint was not my wife) ssshhhhhhh! That picture is out of our hi school year book?

DENNIS - 7-20-2014 at 01:58 PM

You been busted, Chuckie. :lol:

motoged - 7-20-2014 at 03:43 PM

Quote:
I shall be there..(the lady at the pizza joint was not my wife) ssshhhhhhh! ...

Was it Groucho Marx who said, "That's no lady: that's my wife."

Or, "Take my wife....please.".

:biggrin:

chuckie - 7-20-2014 at 04:06 PM

She was a nun in mufti, my spiritual advisor. (Dennis was unavailable) OHMIGOD!!!

DENNIS - 7-20-2014 at 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged

Was it Groucho Marx who said, "That's no lady: that's my wife."

Or, "Take my wife....please.".

:biggrin:

Rodney Dangerfield and Henny Youngman respectively.

DENNIS - 7-20-2014 at 04:51 PM

Quote:
She was a nun in mufti, my spiritual advisor. (Dennis was unavailable) OHMIGOD!!!

Bless you, my son. :saint:

chuckie - 7-20-2014 at 04:58 PM

I am sorting through candidates as we chatter. As soon as the sun sets, I will be consulting with Timothy Leary on a special hyperlink. A proposed organization chart should be available shortly......

shari - 7-20-2014 at 08:27 PM

please give my fondest regards to ole Tim...dont bogart that koolaide amigo!
about the light show....

Kgryfon - 7-20-2014 at 10:35 PM

Can I be the MC? I always wanted to be a yahoo with a bullhorn! I promise to say the same thing over and over and over and over REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY LOUD so no one else can get a word in edgewise!

[Edited on 7-21-2014 by Kgryfon]

chuckie - 7-21-2014 at 04:18 AM

NOW! That's what we are looking for! Obnoxouoisty! Welcome aboard Kgryfon!

Kgryfon - 7-21-2014 at 05:43 PM

Thanks! Just let me know when and where!!:)

Lindalou - 7-21-2014 at 05:51 PM

This thread is hysterical! :bounce::bounce::bounce: Thanks

Ateo - 7-21-2014 at 05:52 PM

Wow, this is awesome. I want in, but not sure what I can offer other than my good looks and ability to barf a lot.

bajabuddha - 7-21-2014 at 06:08 PM

...Mojidos served with muddled Catnip, and other sundry local herbs.....:cool:

oh yeah, and Viva Villa shots @ $5p/ea. Lime extra.

[Edited on 7-22-2014 by bajabuddha]

freediverbrian - 7-21-2014 at 06:14 PM

sounds like a place I would go to warm beer and cold women .

motoged - 7-21-2014 at 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by freediverbrian
sounds like a place I would go to warm beer and cold women .

Yeah.....but it didn't start out like that....

The intention was the opposite.....but you know, some Nomad plans go the way of threads here...:lol:

Once El Mano Negro brings in his Bar Rescue crew (shotguns and all), we will be on the right track. With the present volunteers on site, it will be the best joint on the peninsula.:cool:

Who is working on the staff schedule?

freediverbrian - 7-21-2014 at 06:28 PM

I will work the happy hour shift 4- 7 most nomads cant stay up later than eight or nine

bajabuddha - 7-22-2014 at 01:47 AM

Quote:
I havnt Talked to my pals Buddha and Msgt Mar..ston about this... Buddha will be the "Warden":cool:

Still waiting for contact info from my pal about job description, benefits and insurance coverage. Didn't know I shared such good friendly company... WTF is a 'Warden' anyhoo? Gimme keys and i'll break 'em down and sell 'em. Suggestions pleuzze.
:?: :rolleyes:

bledito - 7-22-2014 at 07:07 AM

I'll co-ordinate securing the chics for the lap sex. maybe change the name to ol pharts'

chuckie - 7-23-2014 at 04:01 AM

UPDATE!!! Phase one construction has started! Pepe' Pepe' and Juan procured fencing materials a couple of nights ago. I am reliably informed that NO prisoners escaped from the prison at Santa Rosalia, and that the South fence was quickly repaired. :lol: