BajaNomad

San Felipe 47.7 KM south

Travelinleah - 7-21-2014 at 06:28 AM

Hi, all, is there an RV park in this general area where one could dump the tanks? and what else is around here?? Is this area super windy in the winter? Thanks!

David K - 7-21-2014 at 11:05 PM

Try the South Campos Facebook page perhaps?
If you must dump, please get as far away from the road as possible and dig as deep a hole as possible. (I don't have a motorhome, so I don't know the drill).

There are few RV type parks south of San Felipe. Rancho Percebu, Nuevo Mazatlan, Playa Destiny are between San Felipe and Puertecitos and are camping campos (most campos along this coast are actually private beach home communities).

redhilltown - 7-21-2014 at 11:23 PM

Yes, it can be quite windy from the north...so as DK says, be careful with your dumping!! :spingrin:

bajabuddha - 7-22-2014 at 02:18 AM

Leah, in late Dec. through mid Feb. it can be very cold and windy, especially when a high pressure sits in over the 4-corners region of the U.S. . The northeastern portion of Baja is not a 'tropical winter paradise' as one would believe; you can have lovely days, but word for the wise, LOAD FOR BEAR. When it blows, it can stand up for two weeks at a time, lows in the 40's.

Far's dumping your tanks, where you hunker in you'll probably be with RVs near you. ASK. Same with fresh water, etc. Don't expect Acapulco, or '70s prices. However, it IS Baja, so have a good, safe trip. Fellow travelers are usually your best bet on local info all the way around.

Travelinleah - 7-22-2014 at 06:08 AM

Thanks all, I am thinking I will use portable tanks and go to closest RV park, ? Nuevo Mazatlan? to dump, I would be digging all day to get a hole big enuf, never thought of that! I could not find much on Facebook for South Campos, anyone have a link? As always, you all are most helpful!

David K - 7-22-2014 at 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Travelinleah
Thanks all, I am thinking I will use portable tanks and go to closest RV park, ? Nuevo Mazatlan? to dump, I would be digging all day to get a hole big enuf, never thought of that! I could not find much on Facebook for South Campos, anyone have a link? As always, you all are most helpful!

Baja's South Campos

Travelinleah - 7-22-2014 at 06:26 PM

Thanks to David K, very helpful!

David K - 7-22-2014 at 09:21 PM

Another Nomad had also tried to give the link, it just was one that with extra stuff so it wasn't clickable. Between all of us here on Nomad, answers will come... and some may even be right ones! :light:;)