BajaNomad

Anniversary Dinner Ensenada?

yellowklr - 7-22-2014 at 09:35 PM

going to be staying at the Hotel Coral for my 10 YR anniversary and would like a suggestion for a GREAT place to have dinner that evening. Would like to be fairly close to the hotel if possible….Or how about at the Coral?

Gracias
Derek

bigboy - 7-22-2014 at 09:41 PM

Sano's........just north of the Coral.

Hands down

bajaguy - 7-22-2014 at 09:44 PM

+5 for Sano's

Second choice would an oceanfront table at Punta Morro, just north of the Coral

[Edited on 7-23-2014 by bajaguy]

bajaguy - 7-22-2014 at 09:46 PM

Sano's is at KM 108, just south of the Coral

Quote:
Originally posted by bigboy
Sano's........just north of the Coral.

greengoes - 7-22-2014 at 09:51 PM

Barra Azul on 11th. Very, very good chef there. Seafood.

EnsenadaDr - 7-22-2014 at 09:57 PM

That place is not romantic and their nouveau California raw seafood made me gag one day. SANO's, SANO's and more SANO's!!
Quote:
Originally posted by greengoes
Barra Azul on 11th. Very, very good chef there. Seafood.

bigboy - 7-22-2014 at 10:01 PM

Ok, Sano's is just south of the Coral! Another restaurant that we like is Punta Morro. The food may not be as good as Sano's but the view is the best in Ensenada; literally on the water!

EnsenadaDr - 7-22-2014 at 10:13 PM

Yes I think Bajaguy just mentioned it in his post as the number 2 choice. It is the number 1 view though. Another gorgeous view is Poco Cielo. Udo mentioned this place several times and it does not look like anything special from the outside. I had the pleasure of going inside last week. They have an Egyptian guest room, and the inside of the restaurant and balcony is gorgeous with an indoor fountain. Very romantic. The sunsets are spectacular and they have a great menu 6 oysters for $6.95, among other things. Very close to Lobster Village in Puerto Nuevo. Poco Cielo is next to La Fonda in La Mision.

bajaguy - 7-22-2014 at 10:25 PM

The poor guy is looking for a place CLOSE to the Coral......

Not Barra Azu (which has great food), and certainly not 35 miles away at Poco Cielo (which does have a great view) and definitely not the production line food in Puerto Nuevo, which is even further north.

Sano's or Punta Morro.......

bigmike - 7-23-2014 at 05:54 AM

I agree Sano"s or Punta Morro are great choices.
I disagree with Ensenada Doctor on Barra Azul,
we have eaten here many times and the food is excellent along with the Chef.

tripledigitken - 7-23-2014 at 06:07 AM

Had a very good meal as well. Not the best choice for the OP though, too far away.

[Edited on 7-23-2014 by tripledigitken]

55steve - 7-23-2014 at 07:01 AM

http://www.hotelpuntamorro.com/restaurante/el-restaurante.ht...

DENNIS - 7-23-2014 at 07:23 AM

Punta Morro...my choice. Walking distance from the Coral.

Ateo - 7-23-2014 at 07:32 AM

Sano's.

Laja or Deckman's

Gypsy Jan - 7-23-2014 at 09:19 AM

Or any other place in the Napa Valley of Baja, La Valle de Guadulupe.

Congrats on your celebration and have a lovely time - the weather is warm, sunny and gorgeous all over Baja right now.

dasubergeek - 7-23-2014 at 10:22 AM

Those are 20 minutes' drive or more away from the Hotel Coral, though. I would say Sano's as well, or possibly Manzanilla if you're willing to go into Ensenada a little bit.

O.G. - 7-23-2014 at 11:29 AM

Do not order the steak at Sano's. Everything else is good, just not the steaks. Two separate times my steaks were full of gristle. I brought it to the attention of the female manager. I don't know what grade of beef they use but it was disappointing. Maybe Mexican beef is not graded?

elgatoloco - 7-23-2014 at 11:47 AM

Mogor Badan for wine tasting followed by lunch at Deckman's. Sunset dinner at Punta Morro with a nice bottle of wine from MB.

Martyman - 7-23-2014 at 01:33 PM

El Rey Del Sol is right across the street. Tableside prepared steaks!! A little pricey.

BajaBlanca - 7-23-2014 at 01:38 PM

Congrats on the upcoming anniversary!

DENNIS - 7-23-2014 at 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
El Rey Del Sol is right across the street. Tableside prepared steaks!! A little pricey.

A big favorite with the LWC crowd......that's Locals With Credit.

Bajahowodd - 7-23-2014 at 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by O.G.
Do not order the steak at Sano's. Everything else is good, just not the steaks. Two separate times my steaks were full of gristle. I brought it to the attention of the female manager. I don't know what grade of beef they use but it was disappointing. Maybe Mexican beef is not graded?

But don't they consider themselves to be a steakhouse?:?:

Bajahowodd - 7-23-2014 at 04:59 PM

Quote:

I agree. Extensive menu of very varied and well-prepared dishes and they have a piano player.

EnsenadaDr - 7-23-2014 at 05:13 PM

Everytime I ate salads there, I had to run to the bathroom an hour later!! But other than that, it was great!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Quote:

I agree. Extensive menu of very varied and well-prepared dishes and they have a piano player.

EnsenadaDr - 7-23-2014 at 05:15 PM

I never had that problem, it was always top notch steaks, both New York and rib eye.
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Quote:
Originally posted by O.G.

But don't they consider themselves to be a steakhouse?:?:

EnsenadaDr - 7-23-2014 at 05:20 PM

have you ever splurged on dinner at either Sano's or Punta Morro Dennis and how long ago?
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Punta Morro...my choice. Walking distance from the Coral.

DENNIS - 7-23-2014 at 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr

have you ever splurged on dinner at either Sano's or Punta Morro Dennis and how long ago

I don't give restaurant reviews to requests that ooze ulterior motives.

EnsenadaDr - 7-23-2014 at 07:18 PM

Ha Ha let's get this out in the open. I asked you once to go to Sano's and you said we could go to Mickey D's and get hamburgers and eat them in the parking lot of Sano's, that's as close as you were going to get to eating there.

liknbaja127 - 7-23-2014 at 07:40 PM

SANO'S, have been going there for years! never hade a bad steak, or meal!
There new bar is great also:bounce:

EnsenadaDr - 7-23-2014 at 07:56 PM

Yes the bar is beautiful has backlighting like the bar in the movie the Shining!! Very art deco.
Quote:
Originally posted by liknbaja127
SANO'S, have been going there for years! never hade a bad steak, or meal!
There new bar is great also:bounce:

yellowklr - 7-25-2014 at 06:17 AM

thanks for all the help……We went to Sano's for V Day and loved it….Was thinking of going somewhere different.
Looks like Morro's is the place

Wish Coral had something that fit the bill