BajaNomad

Where to make bait in BOLA?

steve5555 - 7-29-2014 at 09:09 PM

Hey does anyone know a known spot to make bait in BOLA or Las Animas?

I can eventually figure it out but a pointer would save me some precious early morning fishing time.

redhilltown - 7-30-2014 at 12:16 AM

Bait in BOLA is usually made quite near the ramp at Guillermos...and out to a few yachts that may be anchored. I would say at Las Animas you know the drill...just drop the sabiki, move, drop the sabiki, move, etc etc till you find something!

steve5555 - 7-30-2014 at 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by redhilltown
Bait in BOLA is usually made quite near the ramp at Guillermos...and out to a few yachts that may be anchored. I would say at Las Animas you know the drill...just drop the sabiki, move, drop the sabiki, move, etc etc till you find something!

OK, great. Thanks.

steve

Bob53 - 7-30-2014 at 10:30 AM

I've made bait just outside the light house, around the anchored boats and also in the south end of the bay.

Paulina - 7-30-2014 at 06:36 PM

Right now bait has been hard to come by. For the past week they have been finding them at the south end of the bay, but in very small numbers. It's been on the move. Best bet is to look for the "parking lot" and join the crowd.

P>*))>{

55steve - 7-31-2014 at 12:16 AM

Sonar is your friend - we usually are able to make some bait during the hot months at depth - sometimes close to the bottom around 80 to 100'. I usually head towards Horsehead from Gecko and slow down to sonar speed about 2/3rds of the way to the island. I meter around until I spot bait & drop on it. Every visit is different and this may not be happening now.