BajaNomad

MISSING PERSON: Please Help Us Find Mike!

Pages:  1  2

DianaT - 8-7-2014 at 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vailgrl
Thank you, SFandH..
He had completed the Prednisone. The medication he left behind was his asthma inhaler and pills, both of which can be purchased in Mexico, I know.
Thank you for your words..

Just keep up the positive attitude. He has not been gone that long and obviously knows his way around. Someone else will spot him --- that tattoo is a definite help!

vailgrl - 8-7-2014 at 05:06 PM

Thank you, Diana..I'm not giving up, and either are his friends. We love him..
I've told everyone I know how grateful we are to all of you. I wish I could come down there and hug every one of you..

bajabuddha - 8-7-2014 at 05:15 PM

I wish I could jump in my rig and head south. Next time this happens to you, make sure i'm a little younger, willya pleeze?;)

vailgrl - 8-7-2014 at 09:50 PM

If there is any indication as to where he is..Mike's best friends will get in a truck and drive non-stop to find him and convince him to come home.
It's hard being in CO, with little funds to be able to hire a plane, or drop my job and life to search for him. His friends did go down from San Diego looking for him and his truck, but to no avail. They, too, have jobs and families.
BajaBuddha, you and your friends here have been an enormous resource to us, even though you're not jumping in your rig! Thank you..

bajabuddha - 8-7-2014 at 09:55 PM

Vailgrl, it's good to hear from you again. A lot of Nomads would and will do anything and everything possible. Your and his fate is still unfulfilled, and (I speak only for myself) it is an honor to help in any way possible. I have and can't do a damned thing but (im)moral support; once again, calma te, amiga. What will be will be, keep the thread up-to-date. Only a few years ago i'd already be down there... but in spirit and friendship, there are those here who are and will be WITH YOU and Mike.

Buena Suerte.

vailgrl - 8-8-2014 at 11:31 AM

We haven't heard anything..
We'd appreciate it so much if you can spread the word further south, towards La Paz, as well as L.A. Bay, and even San Felipe and Mike's Sky Ranch..
We're hoping and praying we hear something soon..
Thank you all...xoxo

Mulegena - 8-8-2014 at 02:19 PM

We're traveling south from Mulege to La Paz and San Jose del Cabo within a few days, and I will keep my eyes open for Mike, of course!

[Edited on 8-8-2014 by Mulegena]

vailgrl - 8-8-2014 at 02:26 PM

Thank you so much, Mulegena..!!

vailgrl - 8-8-2014 at 11:22 PM

OMG..MIKE'S BEEN FOUND IN SAN QUINTIN.
Friends are driving down to get him now. Yes, where he was seen earlier this week!!
I'll post later, can't see to type through my tears..

DianaT - 8-8-2014 at 11:30 PM

Quote:
Friends are driving down to get him now. Yes, where he was seen earlier this week!!

This is just WONDERFUL news. Thank you Ron, Baja Gringo for seeking out that sighting, and I hope his friends will be with him soon.

Details are not important Vailgrl --- we will just celebrate when we know Mike is safe and with his friends!

shari - 8-9-2014 at 07:07 AM

A massive round of applause for everyone involved in finding Mike and a big hug for you vailgirl...fantastic news to start off this beautiful day! Also sending strength and love Mike's way to aid him in his struggles...life is a beautiful thing!!!!
And weeeeeeeee're of to the surf tournament today...have a great day everyone

bajabuddha - 8-9-2014 at 07:16 AM

DITTO

BajaBlanca - 8-9-2014 at 07:18 AM

wow! great news! and what great friends Mike has. Time for him to count his lucky stars!

DENNIS - 8-9-2014 at 07:28 AM

This guy's got some 'splainin to do.

bajajudy - 8-9-2014 at 07:30 AM

GREAT NEWS!!!!!

desertcpl - 8-9-2014 at 07:32 AM

who found him??

vailgrl - 8-9-2014 at 07:51 AM

If I were to count my lucky stars, they're all right here, on this forum.
Words cannot express my gratitude for all of your help; spreading the word, sharing the photos, and giving me words of encouragement, when I was in the depths of despair.
But I have to thank Ron especially..after the sighting at Don Chuy's, he got up the next morning at 4:30am and searched the area for hours.
All of this enormous effort, from all of you, was done for total strangers.
One of the reasons we love Baja so much is because of folks like you...
But you people are true angels, and I'll never be able to thank you enough.
I love you all..

EnsenadaDr - 8-9-2014 at 08:03 AM

So do you DENNIS. I was joking with you and you told me to get a window yada yada yada. OK so glad to hear Mike has been found. Hallelujah!!
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
This guy's got some 'splainin to do.

jbcoug - 8-9-2014 at 08:03 AM

This was certainly good news to wake up to! The nomads who helped make this happen are awesome.

DianaT - 8-9-2014 at 08:06 AM

Quote:
But I have to thank Ron especially..after the sighting at Don Chuy's, he got up the next morning at 4:30am and searched the area for hours.

Ron is just that kind of a person! It is not the first time he has acted as a totally volunteer one-man search and rescue team, and I am sure this will not be his last time! I am really happy you were able to connect with him.

Again, it is just wonderful that Mike was found!

[Edited on 8-9-2014 by DianaT]

DENNIS - 8-9-2014 at 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
So do you DENNIS. I was joking with you and you told me to get a window yada yada yada.

You have to use more of these little guys....:lol::lol::biggrin::tumble::spingrin::spingrin::tumble::lol::bounce::saint:;D:yes::lol::lol:...... if you want your secrets known.

Mulegena - 8-9-2014 at 09:14 AM

Happy, Happy Days!!

Such relief to hear this positive outcome!

Hugs and best of wishes for the future. ~ Mulegena

Bubba - 8-9-2014 at 10:27 AM

I'm glad this has all worked out. Some of the members on this forum are pretty awesome.

Bob H - 8-9-2014 at 12:09 PM

Wow, this is really, really good stuff !! Great news !!!!!!!

chuckie - 8-9-2014 at 04:45 PM

Is this all not a bit premature? A second sighting doesn't mean he has been contacted, does it?

Maderita - 8-9-2014 at 04:46 PM

vailgrl,
U2U sent with my contact info.

DENNIS - 8-9-2014 at 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
Is this all not a bit premature? A second sighting doesn't mean he has been contacted, does it?

I've seen nothing definitive. Haven't seen or heard much from Ron either. :?::?:

norte - 8-9-2014 at 05:24 PM

Beware of people making medical diagnosis on the internet based on postings in forums/blogs.

bajabuddha - 8-9-2014 at 05:28 PM

Quote:

C'mon people, anyone know how to do a back-button? Give them a little space.
Calma Te, por favor. :coolup:

BornFisher - 8-9-2014 at 07:42 PM

A little time spent in San Quentin can do wonders for the soul. I hope he is loving his time there, and has plans to go for some WSB, tuna and YT soon.
Happy he was located, hope he`s hanging out, exploring, and digging it!

EnsenadaDr - 8-9-2014 at 08:16 PM

I don't think I would want to go to San Quentin for any amount of time. Now San Quintin, maybe.

bacquito - 8-9-2014 at 08:23 PM

Quote:
I don't think I would want to go to San Quentin for any amount of time. Now San Quintin, maybe.

Picky, picky:lol::lol:

EnsenadaDr - 8-9-2014 at 09:14 PM

Actually I don't think its picky. It's sort of a difference between Motel 6 and the Ritz-Carlton at Laguna Niguel, don't you think?
Quote:
Originally posted by bacquito
Quote:

Picky, picky:lol::lol:

[Edited on 8-10-2014 by EnsenadaDr]

DENNIS - 8-10-2014 at 07:38 AM

Has Mike been hands-on found...or not? Seems to be a lack of confirmation.

EnsenadaDr - 8-10-2014 at 07:59 AM

Dennis you know how things go here. We are told there is a search on. We ask questions over and over. We are not privy to the "inside" information. We are called on to stop asking where donations are going. Big Brother is watching. "They" will handle it. Then we find out there was no money handed over for a search. In this case only the San Quintin elite are privy. We are just the underlings of Nomadlandia. When they feel like issuing a statement, "they" will call a press conference.

EnsenadaDr - 8-10-2014 at 08:08 AM

The Outer Limits Baja Style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CtjhWhw2I8

greengoes - 8-10-2014 at 08:52 AM

Quote:
....We are told there is a search on. We ask questions over and over. We are not privy to the "inside" information. We are called on to stop asking where donations are going. Big Brother is watching. "They" will handle it. Then we find out there was no money handed over for a search. In this case only the San Quintin elite are privy. We are just the underlings of Nomadlandia. When they feel like issuing a statement, "they" will call a press conference.

Are you feeling out of the loop?

chuckie - 8-10-2014 at 09:07 AM

We should be so lucky...

bajabuddha - 8-10-2014 at 09:18 AM

.... bowl of milk? Nah, I suggest a whole bucket-full, dumped squarely over the head.... :rolleyes:

DianaT - 8-10-2014 at 09:56 AM

Quote:
....... In this case only the San Quintin elite are privy. We are just the underlings of Nomadlandia. When they feel like issuing a statement, "they" will call a press conference.

Elite? Really? Are you talking about Ron who unlike some others freely offers his time and efforts to help people and expects nothing in return? Who is this elite? Don't answer as these are rhetorical questions.

At this point, unless there is something new that the mystical "they" want to share, as a very wise person said on another site, "case closed".

honda tom - 8-10-2014 at 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by norte
Beware of people making medical diagnosis on the internet based on postings in forums/blogs.

lol..... awesome post.

EnsenadaDr - 8-10-2014 at 11:58 AM

Yes especially if you aren't a licensed physician.
Quote:
Originally posted by honda tom
Quote:
Originally posted by norte

lol..... awesome post.

micah202 - 8-10-2014 at 06:28 PM

....I'm glad to hear there's some progress or at least renewed hope on finding Mike ...I can only hope we -all- have someone who cares for us,,,like you do for mike

..........too bad the attention who're seems to have attached itself to this thread now.....if you're needing a doctor,,be sure to avoid Ensenada if at all possible. ;D

[Edited on 8-11-2014 by micah202]

DENNIS - 8-10-2014 at 07:30 PM

Don't know why we haven't seen anything here, but on the TalkBaja FB page, it's been confirmed......he's home.
========================

"Lisa Maria Update: He's been found and all is well, we understand. Case Closed.

16 mins ·"

[Edited on 8-11-2014 by DENNIS]

BajaGringo - 8-10-2014 at 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202

....I'm glad to hear there's some progress or at least renewed hope on finding Mike ...I can only hope we -all- have someone who cares for us,,,like you do for mike

..........too bad the attention who're seems to have attached itself to this thread now.....if you're needing a doctor,,be sure to avoid Ensenada if at all possible. ;D

[Edited on 8-11-2014 by micah202]

I received word today confirming that Mike is now back home in the US, safe and sound, getting all the help and support he needs.

The local community here in San Quintin really stepped up to the plate in the search for Mike and I have been answering personal messages all day from friends here that were sincerely concerned for Mike and keeping and eye out for him and his truck.

Mike's family and friends are truly appreciative for the efforts by so many to try and help Mike and they asked me to tell everyone a BIG THANK YOU!

Now they are going to focus their attention on Mike and his well being.

[Edited on 8-11-2014 by BajaGringo]

chuckie - 8-10-2014 at 07:35 PM

GOOD!

dtbushpilot - 8-10-2014 at 07:36 PM

Great to hear Ron, thank you for helping as our Nomad representative.

How about if we all move on now and let the family resolve their issues in peace, nothing more to see here......

micah202 - 8-10-2014 at 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot

How about if we all move on now and let the family resolve their issues in peace, nothing more to see here......

..YAY!! ....that's such GREAT news BG.....I hope Mike looks you up some time in the future,,,,,,,'get's you back' ;):yes:

....sounds like an excellent idea DT....FREEZE IT!!!

vailgrl - 8-10-2014 at 07:46 PM

Mike has been found, and is safe back in the States. I apologize, this was posted on Talk Baja.I thought these pages/sights were similar, and that info would be disseminated.
Again, my enormous thanks to all of you. The sighting was legit, and helped find him. You should be renamed the Baja Angels...

bajabuddha - 8-10-2014 at 11:25 PM

Quote:
Mike has been found, and is safe back in the States. I apologize, this was posted on Talk Baja.I thought these pages/sights were similar, and that info would be disseminated.
Again, my enormous thanks to all of you. The sighting was legit, and helped find him. You should be renamed the Baja Angels...

Vailgrl, it's not YOU that needs to apologize for anything. BN was and is very happy to be a part of the process; and a double-thanx for the San Quintin crowd, especially Baja Gringo. Next round's on me when passing through, if I may pleeuzzz.

Both of you, LIVE LONG AND PROSPER....
Star Trek, OUT.
:D

micah202 - 8-11-2014 at 08:04 AM

......Vailgrl---I'm glad you persisted with your hunches beyond some of the advice you got!

Quote:
I assume he has been reported missing to the local authorities. Leaving his medication behind is not a good sign. Prednisone is not a medication you can suddenly stop taking, you can go into severe adrenal insufficiency. Could be a long term COPD problem or something more serious. Was he ill that you know of? I would not continue to hope he went south of the border especially without his meds. I would not continue to hope he went south of the border Yes it's heartbreaking for you but concentrate North of the Border please. Leucadia is a lovely area, too bad no one knew if he was suffering from depression or not. I did also note on your Facebook page you are posting he was found alive. We all know that sightings can be sketchy at best until we can confirm them. How often do you see Mike? It appears you are living in Colorado? When was the last time you saw him?

[Edited on 8-7-2014 by EnsenadaDr]

....I am concerned that some folks in the panicked,,vulnerable state of concern,when a loved-one is missing might follow advice and direction --however misguided it may be......I'm glad that wasn't the case here,as the missing person turned out to be exactly where the dear doctor advised there was no point to look. This could have been a FATAL MISTAKE in slightly different circumstance!!!...........I hope that in the future,,assistance be limited to support of a solution ,,,,rather than 'direction' in some vain attempt to sound authoritative.
...peace be with you.

...I'm really glad that there's yet another example of Baja's magic helping a person through a tough time,,,long enough for friends to be able to show they're there!:rolleyes:

vailgrl - 8-11-2014 at 08:23 AM

I agree, Micah. The "Dr" didn't know what they were talking about, and I didn't listen for a second. I thought that was strange, that they would tell me to concentrate north of the border, and give up on Mexico. I know Mike.

I hope in the future, this person will keep quiet. And I hope, if this is a real doctor, that they show more compassion to their patients than they did to me.
I'm indebted to the rest of you, and hope, at some point in the future, that I'll be able to hug each of you..xoxo

micah202 - 8-11-2014 at 08:33 AM

Quote:
I agree, Micah. The "Dr" didn't know what they were talking about, and I didn't listen for a second. I thought that was strange, that they would tell me to concentrate north of the border, and give up on Mexico. I know Mike.

I hope in the future, this person will keep quiet. And I hope, if this is a real doctor, that they show more compassion to their patients than they did to me.
I'm indebted to the rest of you, and hope, at some point in the future, that I'll be able to hug each of you..xoxo

...heh......---I'll-- give some advice now!.......make sure Mike continues to know he's got friends,,,,and gets to Baja more often!!
....Baja has a way of keeping th'whole WADD in perspective! :yes::yes:;D

vgabndo - 8-11-2014 at 10:25 AM

I can't wait to read how Doctor Whoa spins this one. Maybe she meant north of the Guatemalan border.:lol::lol: That's it. The Central American border. I was right all along!

vailgrl - 8-11-2014 at 10:36 AM

Thank you, guys..You crack me up! (now that I can smile again)

bajabuddha - 8-11-2014 at 10:50 AM

... 1 cc shy of a full dose methinks.... ;)

DianaT - 8-11-2014 at 10:54 AM

Quote:

I agree, Micah. The "Dr" didn't know what they were talking about, and I didn't listen for a second. ......

I hope in the future, this person will keep quiet. .......

You are a very smart lady to not have listened. Good for you!

As far as the future? Don't hold your breath!

Keep on smiling ---

danaeb - 8-11-2014 at 12:35 PM

The other great news for Mike is, if he decides to return to Baja under better circumstances, he'll have a whole new group of Baja Nomad friends to welcome him. I bet he'd have some great Baja stories to share.

BajaGringo - 8-11-2014 at 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by danaeb
The other great news for Mike is, if he decides to return to Baja under better circumstances, he'll have a whole new group of Baja Nomad friends to welcome him. I bet he'd have some great Baja stories to share.

Absolutely - he'd be welcome here for sure!!!

rts551 - 8-11-2014 at 12:51 PM

yes, would be interesting to here "the other side" of the story.

DENNIS - 8-11-2014 at 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551

Yessir...there's a whole bunch of underwear questions that need answers. :lol:

jureal - 8-11-2014 at 05:23 PM

Great news to hear. Ron, you are the greatest.

micah202 - 8-11-2014 at 05:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Yessir...there's a whole bunch of underwear questions that need answers. :lol:

......I think what's important is to learn lessons and 'move on',,,it's not infrequent that this site gets missing person call-outs....and it's pretty clear that we can be of assistance in one way or another........of course these situations are all 'live' in their own way,,,require flexibility and varied approaches that can and have been given well by folks here........in this situation,,,there were some well-placed nomads that activated contacts amazingly well with super results,,,,others asked questions that helped clarify relevant details ,,,and others shared support in one way or another.
.....in some situations like Doug Patton's,,,a deeper level of impartial enquiry might be called for,,,and to some degree I feel the dear Doc's line of enquiry was relevant and useful.

....Lessons....it seems to me that there's less relevance or usefulness and possible liability issues could be raised to 'directing' the parties involved,,as we saw in this situation with Mike..... definitely these situations are 'live' and require a fluid and at times impersonal but caring approach. I think the BN'group mind' works well overall in the situations we've had over the past year....thoughts?

rts551 - 8-11-2014 at 06:32 PM

I hope all turns out well....but all to often people jump to conclusions on the internet when there is very little actual and factual information. In this case, a woman who apparently is an ex girlfriend (she spent 9 years with him but is not with now) is searching, and hopefully with good reason (pls leeann, don't kill me as I don't doubt your sincerity in this case and I consider Ron a friend who helped so much).... but what if , for the sake of argument, had it been a stalker with the intent to kill? We are all so willing to jump to the forefront to help with little or no information.

Just saying sometimes we need to step back and think about the other side.. and could the internet work too well

even if it involves underwear Dennis! gag...

BajaGringo - 8-11-2014 at 07:12 PM

Quote:
... but what if , for the sake of argument, had it been a stalker with the intent to kill? We are all so willing to jump to the forefront to help with little or no information.

Just saying sometimes we need to step back and think about the other side.. and could the internet work too well

Actually, I think that is a very good question. I don't doubt for a second LeeAnn's sincerity in all this but agree that someone could take advantage of our help in such a way at some point. But I wonder how do we properly "screen" them, for lack of a better term? Time is often of the essence in such cases and I wonder how we could filter out such calls for help without sacrificing valuable response time?

[Edited on 8-12-2014 by BajaGringo]

rts551 - 8-11-2014 at 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Quote:
... but what if , for the sake of argument, had it been a stalker with the intent to kill? We are all so willing to jump to the forefront to help with little or no information.

Actually, I think that is a very good question. I don't doubt for a second LeeAnn's sincerity in all this but agree that someone could take advantage of our help in such a way at some point. But I wonder how do we properly "screen" them, for lack of a better term? Time is often of the essence in such cases and I wonder how we could filter out such calls for help without sacrificing valuable response time?

[Edited on 8-12-2014 by BajaGringo]

like! Bring on the popcorn!

[Edited on 8-12-2014 by rts551]

micah202 - 8-11-2014 at 10:11 PM

...yahh,tough question...it would be a sad loss to genuine situations to err to caution,,,and definitely any time loss in Mike's situation could have totally changed the outcome if there was some sort of protocol in place.
.....I guess individuals can feel things don't feel 'right',, voice concern,,, vote with their feet,,,hopefully not feel the need to totally de-rail the whole effort in the process

......I THINK THE BUTTER'S RANCID!!

[Edited on 8-12-2014 by micah202]

majicparrot - 8-12-2014 at 06:55 AM

Maybe it's as simple as talking with the 'target' before giving out information about their whereabouts?

"hey. How about this weather? Gorgeous, huh? Just out of curiosity... do you know someone named XYZ? They seem to be worried about you, and genuinely seem to care. Is it ok with you if I let them know that you're here, or would you rather I didn't?"

Granted, a stalker might not give their real name, but it's better than nothing in that the missing person would have some say in the situation.

bajabuddha - 8-12-2014 at 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo

Actually, I think that is a very good question. I don't doubt for a second LeeAnn's sincerity in all this but agree that someone could take advantage of our help in such a way at some point. But I wonder how do we properly "screen" them, for lack of a better term? Time is often of the essence in such cases and I wonder how we could filter out such calls for help without sacrificing valuable response time?[Edited on 8-12-2014 by BajaGringo]

Very valid points here. In EMS the very first class is RESCUE THE RESCUER; IS THE SCENE SAFE?. One does not run into a burning building, or confront someone with a gun to their head to save them as they might turn it around for interrupting them... however, we do what we do because WE CARE... at least I do, and i'm sure that's a ditto. No risks, no rewards. I've spent a part of my life helping people in distress, EMS and search-and-rescues, VFF, first-responder since 1977... and if IF's and BUT's were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry xmas.

Thank BN, and especially Ron, for what you have done, and i'm sure will do again when called. I'm serious, next round (at least) is on me. Hope to have the honor.
BB

micah202 - 8-12-2014 at 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by majicparrot
Maybe it's as simple as talking with the 'target' before giving out information about their whereabouts?

"hey. How about this weather? Gorgeous, huh? Just out of curiosity... do you know someone named XYZ? They seem to be worried about you, and genuinely seem to care. Is it ok with you if I let them know that you're here, or would you rather I didn't?"

Granted, a stalker might not give their real name, but it's better than nothing in that the missing person would have some say in the situation.

......in Mike's case that wouldn't have worked....no way to 'check-in with the target' on first sighting,which seemed to be a crucial lead. I'm not clear how the details were on the 2nd sighting which led to the friends coming down,,,,,but certainly this would be appropriate if anomad was approached directly,,,and that question/answer was touched on by the group-mind in this case at least.

........the only further precaution I can think of is to insist that a nomad joins the chase group that came down....but it's not like we're cops. it's really a case that we can help or not on an individual basis,,,,hopefully build an effort through a collaboration of inputs.......or not. ...no?

vailgrl - 8-12-2014 at 10:36 AM

I just got off the phone with Mike. He wished to express his gratitude to all of you, but started to cry when trying to say how he felt. I explained just how instrumental you all were in searching and spotting him. He was astounded. He couldn't believe he was spotted in San Quintin!

I agree with you about taking care when offering assistance. But I'm like you..if someone needs help, I'm the first one to step up, probably too trusting at times, but that's me. The risk is worth the possible reward.

Just want to assure you that in this case, if you would've waited, or refused to help, Mike wouldn't be here to thank you. So carry on, trust and help..
What else can we do?

I love all of you, and hope I get the chance to come thank you personally. I'll let you know if I/we come down in the future...xoxoxoxoxoxo

micah202 - 8-12-2014 at 11:06 AM

....wow yeh...a 'new beginning' for Mike f'sure!!
...heh,,in some cultures,,,if you save someone's life-you become responsible for it!! :wow:........juss'saying!

...I guess intervening has it's down-sides,,,but it certainly has it's upsides,,,,,,and there's lots of lessons to be had from the various missing persons situations we've seen........

....if you don't want to be found,,don't go where someone know's you like to go!

...if you do want to be found-make sure people know where you area at all times....or not so much if you like taking risks,,,and those close to you 'get it',,,,probably my own approach

micah202 - 8-12-2014 at 11:26 AM

.....I sure wonder about the 'other side of the story'...curiosity,,not really expecting answers...but it seems there was intent and planning to disappear in signing over bikes...but there would be more effective ways to 'off' oneself.
............did Baja help get perspective...help turn things around--then friends showed up???....what was the inner story??....just curiosity as I say.

....I wish Mike well.
....does he have some good support close-by now?...I have a feeling it was never far away since his departure was likely discovered quickly

DENNIS - 8-12-2014 at 11:32 AM

I was wondering when the speculation would commence. Ohhh well...it's human nature, I suppose. Maybe it'll open the doors to some serious underwear questions. :lol:

micah202 - 8-12-2014 at 11:36 AM

Quote:
I was wondering when the speculation would commence. Ohhh well...it's human nature, I suppose. Maybe it'll open the doors to some serious underwear questions. :lol:

....was thinking more towards existential than underwear!!:yes::lol:;D

...just thinking out loud than expecting,,demanding answers

DENNIS - 8-12-2014 at 11:50 AM

Well...if you recall from the Gary P. thread, his underwear where to be sought after for a kind of diary [hopefully undiarrheaed] to his dietary itinerary...[knowing what he ate would tell you where he'd been, and possibly his direction of travel, resulting in a brilliant deduction as to where he may have been at the moment]
Therefore..after intensive examination of Mike's tighty whities, one should be able to establish his activities for his MIA time.
In other words, they don't serve prime rib and lobster in ho-houses.
So.......let's get crackin' on this. Time's a'waistin.

ooops...did I say "crackin?" ohhh well..you know what I mean.

[Edited on 8-12-2014 by DENNIS]

micah202 - 8-12-2014 at 12:13 PM

Quote:

So.......let's get crackin' on this. Time's a'waistin.

...ohh,I suppose....but in this case you can just -ask-!:wow::wow:

shari - 8-12-2014 at 12:45 PM

thank you for that vailgirl. I am impressed that Mike is so appreciative and it is nice for you to keep us in the loop. We may not have met yet, but somehow relationships are forged here.

Often offering help can be a slippery slope for sure but I too go with the gut reactions & instincts and would rather be proactive and maybe get burned or misinterpreted than not help at all.

I am very proud of the Nomad community who step up to the plate...it's a risky business but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Cheers Mike and hope we all get to sit on a beach and have a cold beer together! Life is SWEET!

bajabuddha - 8-12-2014 at 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
.....I sure wonder about the 'other side of the story'...curiosity,,not really expecting answers...but it seems there was intent and planning to disappear in signing over bikes...but there would be more effective ways to 'off' oneself.
............did Baja help get perspective...help turn things around--then friends showed up???....what was the inner story??....just curiosity as I say.

....I wish Mike well.
....does he have some good support close-by now?...I have a feeling it was never far away since his departure was likely discovered quickly

Might I suggest,

As the Beatles said;

LET IT BE.

micah202 - 8-12-2014 at 02:38 PM

...wise words buddhabruddah ;)

...........And when the night is cloudy
.......There is still a light that shines on me
....................Shine on until tomorrow, let it be,,,let it be! :coolup:

Kgryfon - 8-12-2014 at 05:37 PM

So glad to hear that Mike was found and is with those who love him. :)

Good job, folks!

Pages:  1  2