BajaNomad

Best time to enjoy Baja?

rocmoc - 8-14-2014 at 08:52 AM

When is the best time (weather, flora,bugs/lack of bugs&etc.) to enjoy & explore Baja? "Exclude fishing as it is pretty clear when." Have been down in Sept, Jan & Feb only so would like to hear what others feel is the best time of the year.

Thanks,
rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

CaboMagic - 8-14-2014 at 08:57 AM

Hi rocmoc - can only offer comment abojut BCS in Cabo where we are - I'd say Nov-May .. warm/hot days cool/comfy nights .. there are occasional rain storms that make things green which is lovely "where the desert meets the Pacific Ocean and Sea of Cortez" .. hope this helps .. have a wonderful time.

mcfez - 8-14-2014 at 09:00 AM

depends on which side......

I dont like June thru Sept for it is too hot.......on the Cortez side

SFandH - 8-14-2014 at 09:11 AM

October 14th through November 20th and April 12th though May 9th.

Fall and spring for me. ;)

Weather

J.P. - 8-14-2014 at 09:11 AM

Live full time 24/7/ 365days a year 13 miles south of Ensenada cant beat the weather .

[Edited on 8-14-2014 by J.P.]

Howard - 8-14-2014 at 09:18 AM

If you are talking about the South part, say from Mulege on down, starting just before Halloween is perfect for me. Still in the 80-90 degree range and the water is still in the lower 80s and hopefully the storms have passed. When I was working that is the time that I never tried to miss.

bajacalifornian - 8-14-2014 at 09:23 AM

If you've got wheels, you can enjoy Baja 3651/4 - 24.

I amend my previous post

Howard - 8-14-2014 at 09:36 AM

After thinking about it, my answer is any day that ends in "y" is the best time to go. Maybe there are better times such as in October and November but anytime is best. :biggrin:

Maron - 8-14-2014 at 09:39 AM

Last year We drove, over 28 days, from Tecate to Cabo during Mid March to Mid April. The weather and water were great.

Enjoy

shari - 8-14-2014 at 09:44 AM

In our neighbourhood, Oct-November are the very best months for weather, fishing and less wind.

That is one of the zillions of great things about Baja...you can always find a great place no matter what time of year...when it is crappy here April through June, it is wonderful on the gulf side. When it is too hot over there, it's wonderful here!

Also something to remember...for example if you are in BOLA or Chivato and it is blown out, it is calm here so just head over to the other side when things are wild on one side.

[Edited on 8-14-2014 by shari]

bajalearner - 8-14-2014 at 09:52 AM

Best time to enjoy Baja?

Around 4 to 7pm. Happy hour.:bounce:

Bob53 - 8-14-2014 at 09:58 AM

Brilliant! ^

bajalearner - 8-14-2014 at 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH

Could you be more specific??? :lol:

Alm - 8-14-2014 at 10:29 AM

Rocmoc, it depends where. On the Cortez side, and on Southern half of Pacific side, it is too hot in June through August. Places where it's nice and cool in summer, like Asuncion or Ensenada (relatively cool), you might not like in winter. Also, the Southern half of either side of the peninsula can get humid, rainy and buggy at the end of summer - not terribly bad, but more than in the Northern half. You can't go wrong - in most places - in October and November. This is - in a nutshell. Without specifying the area, you probably won't get more details.

Martyman - 8-14-2014 at 04:14 PM

May and October

SFandH - 8-14-2014 at 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalearner
Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH

Could you be more specific??? :lol:

Sure, daytime, it's usually dark at night.

Water is warmer in the fall than spring.

acadist - 8-14-2014 at 07:12 PM

Whem I'm there:bounce::bounce::bounce:

SlyOnce - 8-15-2014 at 10:17 AM

Playas de TJ is perfect year round. Really fun in summer, though.

BajaBlanca - 8-15-2014 at 10:56 AM

And it is all relative: I have a sister who goes to Concepcion in the hottest part of the su mer as she loves the heat and being able to swim in the .sea of .cortez.

I myself prefer wind and the coolness of the Pacific any day.

motoged - 8-15-2014 at 01:46 PM

Quote:
Best time to enjoy Baja?

Yeah....sometime around 4:20......:cool:

bajabuddha - 8-15-2014 at 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Quote:
Best time to enjoy Baja?

Yeah....sometime around 4:20......:cool:

That means 'happy hour' in Denver is 24/7... ;D :coolup:

Ken Bondy - 8-16-2014 at 11:14 AM

I'm pretty committed to October :lol:

http://www.kenbondy.com/images/ProfessionalArticles/ScubaTro...

monoloco - 8-16-2014 at 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Bondy
I'm pretty committed to October :lol:

http://www.kenbondy.com/images/ProfessionalArticles/ScubaTro...
That's crazy Ken, I think the big lesson is to never just take it for granted that every panga/fishing/dive/para-glider/zip line/ etc. guide is qualified or responsible. I do also love Las Animas, it's an amazing little rock.

grace59 - 8-17-2014 at 07:08 AM

I love Baja any time that I can be there. Just got back from 6 weeks of summer sun. on the Sea of Cortez side. This time of the year is great for early morning walks, shady afternoon naps and sitting out in the evening enjoying a cool drink and looking at the stars. I like how there are NOT a lot of people around at this time of the year. My husband likes to swim in the sea when it is warm. It is not, however, a good time to go out exploring the desert. We save that for the cooler times of the year. So I guess the point here is that Baja is good all year...just depends on what you want to do.....where you want to do it.

David K - 8-17-2014 at 08:39 AM

For many it is May and October... for others add a month to each: May-June and October-November.

For us, we like it warm and the gulf water warm too, so June-October. However, Late July to Early September the humidity is higher. July is our favorite month overall, I think... BUT, any time in Baja is better than any time north of the border!

durrelllrobert - 8-17-2014 at 08:48 AM

The best time for me is when ever I'm with someone, or alone for that mater. If I had a dog that would work also.:spingrin:

rocmoc - 8-18-2014 at 07:43 PM

Thanks everyone! Was looking as Nov & Dec so will back it up a month.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

C205Driver - 8-18-2014 at 08:58 PM

. . . DING DING DING. . .We have 2 winners!!!. . .Martyman & David K!!!!. . .Also note that 1st half of June can also be nice depending on the year / weather pattern. . .IMHO. . .Gonna either fly or drive down there ( boys vacations ) when firefighting season is over here on the left coast. . . PSFO, Mulege & ?????

David K - 8-18-2014 at 09:46 PM

Oh goodie, what did I win? :biggrin:

Been going to Baja since 1965, so got a feeling for what is a good time to go, and really it is anytime I can go, as I can't get too much Baja in my system.

Some really great trips were over Thanksgiving weekend, too. You seen my photos of Thanksgiving at Nuevo Mazatlan in 1967, right? ;):cool: