BajaNomad

MULE 61 Rest & Bar, Km 40 Tj-Ens Free Rd

Bajafun777 - 8-17-2014 at 01:06 PM

A shout out to Mule 61 for being a great establishment. Fine dining room, casual dining, full bar & wine. They serve an array of Caribbean, Mexican and American cuisine. We have been there a few times and each time the prices are good and food was great. There are a couple of special nights: Tuesday Spaghetti, Wednesday Fried Chicken, Thursday build your burger. Prices around 6.95 - 10.95 . Happy Hour 4 - 7 pm with $2 Martinis, Margaritas & Cerveza's. The service and atmosphere were great. Music is provided Friday & Saturdays. I encourage all of you to give it a try, thus supporting another nice option for the Rosarito (Rancho Santini) area.

willardguy - 8-17-2014 at 01:26 PM

beware chuy's margies! ;)

bajacalifornian - 8-17-2014 at 10:38 PM

Yes! This is a good place!

Been planning to do a review of this spot. Preston, the proprietor, brings cajun flavor from New Orleans, his father's home, & Martinique, his moms side of the family. It's good.

Mule 61 name? Preston played college football, was like a 27th draft pick or something like that and after a tackle in a game, when they brought the guy back around, he said he felt as he'd been kicked by a mule. Preston was the mule. Preston wore jersey #61. Name stuck.

Try his grandma's 80 year old recipe . . . ice cream with bananas, cooked apples, pecans, cinnamon, honey and other goodies. To die for.

Music and comfortable. Km 40 on the free road south of Rosarito.

Coconut shrimp can be found all up & down the Baja. Not like this!

Bajafun777 - 8-18-2014 at 01:26 PM

Yes, you are right .... I did try that dessert ..... Caribbean delight or something like that.... apples, bananas, pecans, cinnamon, honey, ice cream...... it was great

the stuffed mushrooms and Mediterranean fish were also great..... in fact everything I have had has been great

Hope others get a chance to stop and try it

about 1/4 mile north of Las Gaviotas and or Ollies on the tj-ens free road

Bob H - 8-18-2014 at 02:33 PM

Are they open for Lunch?

Bajafun777 - 8-18-2014 at 02:42 PM

I have been there at 2pm but I am pretty sure they are opened at Noon. Their email is mule61rest@gmail.com to confirm so you are not disappointed if you show up. Take Care & Travel Safe----- "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

tripledigitken - 8-18-2014 at 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Are they open for Lunch?

Bob,

Here is some info. I'm going to give it a try next time south too.

Open 6 days a week. Closed Mondays. 10-10pm Tuesday through Thursday. Dinner Friday and Saturday until 11 pm. Sunday brunch 9-4. Reservations: 661-613-2901

Ken

[Edited on 8-18-2014 by tripledigitken]