BajaNomad

Good things come in small packages - but not from Tijuana

buzzbar - 8-19-2014 at 11:14 AM

So Fedex tells me that any package sent domestically within Mexico from Tijuana, whether by freight, post or whatever, must first be taken to Aduana, where it undergoes inspection, valuing, stamping, checking of any invoices and a review of the ‘pedimento’, whatever that is. Surely there’s gotta be an easier way to get a tiny package to a friend in Cabo!

[Edited on 19/8/2014 by buzzbar]

mtnpop - 8-19-2014 at 11:27 AM

I have had several sent on the bus with no problems... you have to be sure that the person on the receiving end has the correct shipping number when they go to pick it up..
mine have all been sent from Ensenada to Mulege..

good luck

buzzbar - 8-19-2014 at 11:35 AM

Thanks...apparently it's a regulation that applies to 'all border towns', so I'll go to the Aduana page and see if I can find their definition. If Ensenada takes me out of the zone then a run down there to send the package is probably more enjoyable than a visit to Aduana!

durrelllrobert - 8-20-2014 at 08:47 AM

Two grams of coke will fit in a very small package too :spingrin:

micah202 - 8-20-2014 at 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Two grams of coke will fit in a very small package too :spingrin:

...what's the point?....just enough for the first nostril:fire: :cool:

rzitren - 8-20-2014 at 09:22 AM

I have shipped boxes from Tijuana to Loreto through Baja Pack with no problems.

Muchas gracias

buzzbar - 8-20-2014 at 10:07 AM

Thankyou rzitren! I contacted Bajapack and they confirmed they do not require aduana paperwork. Problem solved....

BajaBlanca - 8-20-2014 at 06:46 PM

remember that on Baja pack, only the person whose name appears on the package is allowed to pick it up.

we use it often, great service.