BajaNomad

Quick Fishing Trip to San Quintin with Captain Juan

redhilltown - 8-27-2014 at 12:20 AM

Had another great trip to the "south" this last weekend. Went through Tecate and pulled over for inspection (which is now to the left). Checked us out-including popping the hood which I have never had-but asked no real questions and sent us on our way. Easy trip down the Guadalupe Valley and on to SQ. No real road work to speak of. Great fishing with Captain Juan Cook...put us on the Yellowtail 15-30 pounds and plenty of Bonito to fill in the gaps...and some rockfish and Ling Cod to round it out. Stayed at Jadines which is almost criminal as to how nice it is for the price. Some of you may gag, but gave the restaurant some Bonito for ceviche and went over and had it for our dinner and man was it good!!!! Don't diss the Bonito!!! Ever!!! (unless it is more than one day old...) Nice trip north and an easy 25 minute wait at Tecate on Monday. "The" Baja does it again.

chuckie - 8-27-2014 at 02:26 AM

Great report..Thanks...!!!

David K - 8-27-2014 at 08:02 AM

Thanks for "The" Report! :light:

55steve - 8-27-2014 at 08:20 AM

I'm guessing the drive down from "The" Long Beach was the hard part.

redhilltown - 8-27-2014 at 11:46 PM

The drive back is always the hardest part!!!

Captain Juan behaved himself...he knows what a s*#@storm he caused and would probably take it back if he could but it certainly got the discussion going!!

Chupacabra - 8-29-2014 at 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Thanks for "The" Report! :light:

Blog of "inappropriate" quotes

redhilltown - 8-29-2014 at 11:46 PM

Well...just to make sure, DK and I were joking at to the quotes...I forget where or when on here but someone had talked about "The" Baja...and I was just riffing on it!

shari - 8-30-2014 at 07:13 AM

oh yeah bonita rocks...I make tuna salad out of it and everyone loves it! I am happy to see San Quintin having a good season.

Captain Juan is a most excellent Captain indeed and a kind and gentle man...until he snaps...just like his tocayo, my Juan. In the baja....it's all good until it's not!

acadist - 8-30-2014 at 09:51 AM

I'm with Shari......Bonita makes excellent tuna melts!

redhilltown - 8-31-2014 at 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
oh yeah bonita rocks...I make tuna salad out of it and everyone loves it! I am happy to see San Quintin having a good season.

Captain Juan is a most excellent Captain indeed and a kind and gentle man...until he snaps...just like his tocayo, my Juan. In the baja....it's all good until it's not!

I'll second that Shari...Juan said to say hi...he was cool and calm Juan!