BajaNomad

Punt Chivato otra vez

Russ - 8-28-2014 at 06:52 AM

Sorry about starting new topics but with the damn banda ancha if there are a lot of photos it takes a really long time to load the page. So here we go again.
Hot this morning early so it may be another day in the cooled for me & Mason.
Cloud free and only a slight breeze out of the NW. Santa Ana conditions again today so I expect temps over 100º again.

chuckie - 8-28-2014 at 07:13 AM

No problem, enjoy the pics and updates. I miss Mulege, but not that weather. I stayed all last summer, too much for me. I was lamenting the chill here at 8000 feet this morning, then checked your post and quit.Health permitting, old smokey and I will be headed South after Christmas. Stay well, and thank you

watizname - 8-28-2014 at 07:43 AM

Aayyy Carumba!!!!!! :spingrin:

absinvestor - 8-28-2014 at 08:25 AM

I'm with Chuckie- we spent a full year in Mulege just to prove we could but wouldn't want to do it again. The summer from June thru September is brutal. We lived in Atlanta Georgia and Bakersfield Ca and we were fine with the heat and humidity. Nothing we have found compares with Mulege!!

Russ - 8-28-2014 at 08:28 AM

9:30 and another 10 degrees. Mason & I are heading for the cooler Soon. Even the birds are looking ragged.

BajaBlanca - 8-28-2014 at 01:05 PM

too dern hot! both here on the Pacific this year and there in Mulege ! Me no like at all.

Russ - 8-29-2014 at 06:14 AM

7am and still the sun hasn't come up over the hill. Yesterday was over 100º and I spent it reading in the cooler. Looks like today could be a warm one too. Clear skies and dry. For this time of summer I'm a little surprised not to see some of the sardine boats in the bay. But there are few birds around and only an occasional splash on the surface. Really sad!

[Edited on 8-29-2014 by Russ]

Pescador - 8-29-2014 at 07:25 AM

Just wait till the north breeze comes to you It was 77 this morning in San Bruno, thought I was going to have to come back to the house for a jacket.

Mulegena - 8-29-2014 at 07:57 AM

Mulege is still hotter'n snot for another 7 weeks or so but there's been a subtle change in the air already. Atmosphere is different, the sound of the birds is different -- not the birds' calls, but the quality of the atmosphere that carries that sound has changed, I suppose. The night air doesn't blast like a furnace when you walk outside.

It's still so humid, even indoors with quality air conditioning cranking, but there you go -- a gorgeous little oasis town in a desert landscape. It's our choice and happiness to call this place home.

I predict that history will prove an evolutionary change among Muleginos. Future Darwins may discover that our descendants here have evolved gills -- it's that humid this time of year!

chuckie - 8-29-2014 at 08:20 AM

I have noticed some great gills in Mulege...:smug:

Mulegena - 8-29-2014 at 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
I have noticed some great gills in Mulege...:smug:

Ahhh, our good friend Chuckie Darwin, always out there on the lookout for a good set of gills... would that be on the water or in town?

chuckie - 8-29-2014 at 08:40 AM

I think that's a trick question....

Russ - 8-29-2014 at 10:26 AM

I don't know about Mulege nut it's suppose to be cooler out here.

Meany - 8-29-2014 at 01:13 PM

HOTSY:TOTSY!! But Dry....

mulegemichael - 8-29-2014 at 08:36 PM

adan called me and said our picnic palapa in our front yard tipped over in the last winds....wow!...must have blown coupled with lluvia....got him concreting the base in to provide myself with the false faith it wont float away in the nest storm....it will be the 4th one...and probably the final one...time to put a bird feeder in that spot.

Russ - 8-30-2014 at 06:00 AM

I'm hoping for a nice change this morning... maybe a high of 80º :lol:

Russ - 8-31-2014 at 06:04 AM

Got a little foggy and wet this morning.It's pretty thin fog and the temp hasn't cooled any so it probable will burn off quickly. Maybe a sign of seasonal cooling. but that is 2 weeks off the norm. Oh weell, I can dream.....

wessongroup - 8-31-2014 at 08:17 AM

Thanks, don't think I've seen fog at your place before .... low overcast here too

much cooler

chivatojoe - 8-31-2014 at 09:04 AM

Thanks for the report. Plants should love it... like to see things cool off a bit. Heard the Dorado bite is on with big bulls 35 to 45 #'s I guess they know when all the resident fisherman are up north... hook free waters....:D

Russ - 9-1-2014 at 06:15 AM

Hope Sept is good for all of us. And I hope I get a high speed internet connection
;D

[Edited on 9-1-2014 by Russ]

Meany - 9-1-2014 at 07:42 AM

Hope Sept. is Good to You. Thanks for all the Morning shots. Makes my Day. See Ya! in a few. The Meany's:P

Russ - 9-2-2014 at 05:55 AM

Good morning Sept 2nd
We had quite a blow last night for about 2 hours. My patio tables and chairs went flying before I woke up and the dust and dirt filled the house where I had it open. Had a small bit of rain but it's not showing on my rain gauge. Still cloudy to the East but the sat. shot doesn't show anything threatening.

Last nights high wind shot

chivatojoe - 9-2-2014 at 07:30 AM

Cooler/ foggy here in Murrieta maybe a cool down for a bit. wunderground shows some weather (rain ) coming to Chivato Fri -Sun hope it's gentle .
Thanks for the reports .:bounce:

Meany - 9-2-2014 at 07:43 AM

Sounds like September came in with a blow.:fire:

watizname - 9-2-2014 at 08:07 AM

Norbert looks like it could produce some dicy weather. The storms seem to be slowly moving more northerly as the season progresses. :cool:

Russ - 9-2-2014 at 08:12 AM

Yeap, that seems to be the case each year. Maybe you'll be here for one this year??