BajaNomad

Travel companion Baja - October 20th to 7th November

lsb2014 - 8-31-2014 at 08:30 AM

Hi there,

We are 3 girls travelling to Baja California from 20th October and returning on 7th of November. We are surfers and it is our first time in Baja California. We will be driving down from San Diego and would like to rent a car in Tijuana. We will then fly back to SD on 7th Nov from San Jose del Cabo.

1) Anyone can recommend where is it the easiest to rent a car in Tijuana? and if we can rent it in Tijuana and leave it in San Jose del Cabo.
2) Anyone surfers travelling there in that same time as we would love to travel with buddies!

Thank you,
Julie

woody with a view - 8-31-2014 at 08:34 AM

Fox Rent-a-Car does one way rentals and is very good price wise. buy all of the insurance so they don't nail you at the drop off spot and then just drive like your hair is on fire!!!

Desertbull - 8-31-2014 at 08:59 AM

We do it all the time ... I sent you a private message ... Let's chat soon.

Tim
tim@xplorebaja.com

villafontana - 8-31-2014 at 12:30 PM

Hey woody, i thought Tijuana rental car companies charge you like 500 dolares if u leave their car in Cabo or La Paz? Last time i checked that. Did they change their policy of returning cars to the original renting place to avoid that charge?

[Edited on 8-31-2014 by villafontana]

[Edited on 8-31-2014 by villafontana]

woody with a view - 8-31-2014 at 12:49 PM

i don't know. nothing is cheap anymore, is it? at least they have the option.

mojo_norte - 8-31-2014 at 01:34 PM

why not drive back ? Take 3 days and hit a spot or 2 on the way - definitely the cheaper option especially with having to pay to take boards on the plane- just a thought.

lsb2014 - 8-31-2014 at 03:11 PM

Thanks everyone. We dont want to rush so we rather pay a bit more and fly back from Los Cabos. I checked on car rental site and they charge $550 additional for dropping the car in a different location...

@Tim I will email you. Thank you.

Paulina - 8-31-2014 at 04:23 PM

Based on personal experience, I vote for Tim. He knows baja and will take good care of you, besides provide an awesome and safe first trip to Baja.

P>*)))>{