BajaNomad

exede internet

Pages:  1  2  

Russ - 3-13-2015 at 05:04 PM

Yep, I'm reading this and am sick because I would sign up if I was home. I'll be interested how this works during some major storms.

forget about been fap'd

internet4baja - 3-13-2015 at 05:09 PM

with our travel pak if you ever run out of data your speed just goes down to 1mbps or 5 mbps (depending on the qualaty of signal)

say good bye to slow internet

baja

Bob and Susan - 3-13-2015 at 05:14 PM

russ you can sign up from there

internet4baja is in mexico

install later...send his a message

the speed is a huge difference

hughes works in the storms...why wouldn't this?

russ...do it

ncampion - 3-14-2015 at 10:45 AM

Bob, what exactly is your up and down speed as measured by one of the speed check sites? Are you really getting 12 - 20 mbs? In my experience you will go through 10 gig/mo. without even downloading movies. I would need at least double that.

thank you to the people that are reaching out

internet4baja - 3-14-2015 at 11:03 AM

Monday were going to start working we have 1 tec s down in mulegue and one more on his way

i want to intruduce our selfs were satelite del norte
my name is osiris hamit arguelles
and my 2 tec are issac which some might all ready have meet and our tec thats on his way is name is miguel

our master website is ://www.exede.com
our own web site is www.satelitedelnorte.com
were also on facebook https://www.facebook.com/exedeinternetdemexico

and were based in ensenada our oficce hours are from 9 am to 5 pm
located doblones 101 col villas 4

chavycha - 3-14-2015 at 11:08 AM

One more question - can you please tell us about your bandwidth leasing arrangement you have with the satellite provider? What's the duration of that lease?

I ask because it would suck to drop $650+ on equipment/install, and then find out six months down the road that the service wasn't available any longer.

I had a similar experience a few years back in the US with a WiMax provider who sold expensive WiMax modems and then discontinued a lease which killed the tower which provided my signal.

our satellite life is 12 years

internet4baja - 3-14-2015 at 11:32 AM

yes i understand the conserne after all 650 dls who want to loose such amount

were not going to loose service after 6 month or even a year or 5 years
were here to stay when we first publish here we sayed we can get service down south but nobody wanted to take the chance till our brave nomad (bob)
took the chance

and if anybody want we can arranged a monthly payment method so theres no problem with our service

you can pay 300 dls to get set up and 100 dls every month after your done covering 1500 dls or you can pay 650 cash and get set up

the main concer is our capacity we can only set up 300 units
so far we have 50 accounts (from catavina ,san antonio del mar,colonet)

another concer what happens after all 300 account are full do we loose speed or signal or service

the awnser is no you dont loose speed if we cativate 400 we start loosing speed

but sence were giving a garranted speed were not going to do it
and so far we have 7 reserved units in mulegue and one activation with bob and susan a total of 58 units

242 slots left sound like a big number but in less then a month we will be down to 100 slots

exede 12 megas garanteed our you dont pay us nothing

Pescador - 3-14-2015 at 04:41 PM

When the installer was here this afternoon, he asked me to check my speed on my current provider which is Infinitum. I had a blazing 1.1 download and an upload of .29. We turned on the Exede and it went to 3.8 and upload of 1.83. I wanted to kiss the guy but he really was not all that handsome. I have varied a little this afternoon and have seen speeds from 4.9 down to 1.9. Upload which is seldom a problem has been pretty consistent. I am measuring everything on www.bandwidthplace.com

willyAirstream - 3-14-2015 at 07:25 PM

MtnPop,
You should be getting high speed with Telmex, ask the install guy to change your hard wire feed line. When i had slow speeds there, only one month, he replaced the feed line and my service went back to 5 plus. On this side of the river, my wifi is open to anyone, so my neighbors can use it for free, my signal with a booster router reaches Sauls and up the hill behind me. I have run netflix, online poker and voice all at one time, while my neighbors cruise facebook, all with no buffering. You should be getting similar service.
Telmex, in Mulege is not oversold, nor slow at prime time, 6pm to 10pm, est. If you are getting slow speeds, call Telmex for a repair call. The service guy is now in Mulege full time.
And when the hurricane hits, they still charge you, even tho internet was down, 20 days on this side and more on the south side. That is my only complaint.
Fast speed sat. service is terrific, only if DSL is not available.

im glad you liked our work

internet4baja - 3-14-2015 at 10:31 PM

finally pescador gettig rid off bad internet one client at a time
and i agree with willyAirstream
fast speed sat. service is terrific, only if DSL is not available.
but even DSL SOME TIME FAILS there nothing like having security knowing that your getting Direct to home signal (which exede provides) no server no land lines just strait to the satellite

Pescador - 3-15-2015 at 11:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willyAirstream  
MtnPop,
You should be getting high speed with Telmex, ask the install guy to change your hard wire feed line. When i had slow speeds there, only one month, he replaced the feed line and my service went back to 5 plus. On this side of the river, my wifi is open to anyone, so my neighbors can use it for free, my signal with a booster router reaches Sauls and up the hill behind me. I have run netflix, online poker and voice all at one time, while my neighbors cruise facebook, all with no buffering. You should be getting similar service.
Telmex, in Mulege is not oversold, nor slow at prime time, 6pm to 10pm, est. If you are getting slow speeds, call Telmex for a repair call. The service guy is now in Mulege full time.
And when the hurricane hits, they still charge you, even tho internet was down, 20 days on this side and more on the south side. That is my only complaint.
Fast speed sat. service is terrific, only if DSL is not available.

Richard, who are you using to measure? The standard seems to be OOKLA.com We have been playing with this stuff for quite awhile and I can not find 5MBPS in Santa Rosalia straight from the modem, even before a router. The best I have ever seen in San Lucas is 2.8 to 3. In Santa Rosalia, the speed goes down drastically after 10 in the morning. I have been on the Telmex office and it was hard to get 4. We have a gal who has Telmex on speed dial because she works here on a computer and she is going nuts with how the system gets choked down (at first they seemed to be able to bump her bandwidth up a little but now they told her that is not happening) So, be sure to never change your modem if you are able to hit 5

willyAirstream - 3-15-2015 at 07:40 PM

Jim, stop by my place and test it for yourself. Speedtest.net is the geeks bench mark site. A ooka site. 5.34 Mpbs up, sucky 1.23 down, just now. I have had this speed on 3 different modems, due to hurricane damage. Key factor is your incoming hardwire, make sure it has no uv damage. They will change it for free.

Gulliver - 3-16-2015 at 05:56 AM

I've read all of the posts here. I don't get why my internet might be loose. "Don't loose out on high speed internet."

Mine seems very tight to me. (grins)

Cochi - 3-16-2015 at 08:07 AM

Hola Amigos, did anyone at PUNTA CHIVATO get installed with Excede recently? Did you pay for it and did you get a contract? Is it working like all posted say it does? We want it but are hesitant until someone from our beach reports. Thanx in advance.

SFandH - 3-16-2015 at 08:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willyAirstream  
5.34 Mpbs up, sucky 1.23 down, just now.

That's weird. Are you sure it's not the other way around?

willyAirstream - 3-16-2015 at 08:18 AM

Yep, dyslexic morning this. :) :)
ThX

daveB - 3-16-2015 at 08:54 AM

Have noticed a huge, coil of fibre optics cable in our back alley, now that we're backhome in Canada. Will that give me faster service if I say, "yes?"

lol gulliver nice one

internet4baja - 3-16-2015 at 05:39 PM

i guess i should spellcheck my stuff lol

were a mexican company and im 100% mexican sometimes i might misspell
but you get the idea which is what counts

is it dont lose out on high speed internet

this week we have 7 set up ready to do once we install them we will ask the clients to post if exede works or not so you dont hear it from me

we dont want to sell a product that dosnt work we will just prove our selfs with facts and hard work

please also understand i speak inglish but my writting can be a little off lol
just bare with us and soon everybody having internet issues will be resolved

Russ - 3-17-2015 at 07:40 AM

I'm interested but with all the rush to sell this setup I'm becoming a little hesitant to jump in. If there is going to be some support/service for the inevitable problems that always seem to pop up then I'll pull the trigger. Cochi is keeping me updated on what is going on and I'll continue to follow info here.

Bob and Susan - 3-17-2015 at 12:28 PM

russ this is a BIG company not a start up
exceed is called wild blue in the usa

the speed today was 20.5 hughes was 0.28
yesterday 19.43 hughes 0.27

we had a glitch using our old router but changed to another
and all is ok

its time to buy while "the gettin's good"

there is a limit...

Russ - 3-17-2015 at 12:36 PM

I'm still NOB for another 10 days or so. Damn

Bob and Susan - 3-17-2015 at 12:41 PM

the guy can assist he can drop the equipment here
or at a neighbors in chivato...

he can "commission" the modem so it will be plug and play for you as soon as you mount the antenna
see u2u

ncampion - 3-17-2015 at 04:49 PM

Would sure like to know if they have coverage South to Loreto. Give TelMex some competition.

Mula - 3-17-2015 at 05:12 PM

I'm getting it in Lopez Mateos.

bajalinda - 3-17-2015 at 05:40 PM

Mula - do you mean you are receiving a signal (and a good one) or are you waiting for the installer to arrive?

Russ your right theres no rush

internet4baja - 3-17-2015 at 09:48 PM

lets do this calm and easy
everybody is going to get exede 12 mbps just bare with us
issac cant do it all alone and our other tec (miguel) cant go over beacuse the road are block due to some strike

so far hopefully by tomorrow we can get some installs finish

david beck
robert frambes
james bryant
and Rick Etzle

if your name is not on it will be the next day please confirm by email
if you dont want it beacuse im going to be sending all equipment activated from now on to make this easy and fast for everybody

tursday Cudberto Bastida,jim pierce,marta king

fridayday
bill cluse,Robin Converse,Bonnie Vessels,

im sorry were a lil slow but bare with us our other tec is on his way

Mula - 3-18-2015 at 05:59 AM

BajaLinda,

I'm getting it Thursday in San Nicolas and the extra dish will go to Lopez when the install crew get that far south.

But I don;t move back to Lopez until May or June. So won't know until then.

But the main reason I am switching is for the new equipment.

I bought Hughes Net equipment many years ago - well used off Craig's List and now it is starting to act up = modems and radio arms - Parts are hard to find and get down here, so I think I am best with new equipment and am jumping at the chance. Also the HughesNet equipment is 1 watt and I would like a boost.

I will be keeping the HughesNet equipment going too, for awhile to check the differences.

Bob and Susan - 3-18-2015 at 06:22 AM

actually wattage at the radio means very little...
don't think if you buy a BIGGER antenna or radio hughes will be faster

its the download speed on their server in the states that counts
all the SAT's are fine

hughesnet is purposely oversold at the server on the ground and the SAT can only handle a certain amount of data at a time ...so... they make YOUR download "wait in line"
it has a name but I forget what they call it

all the modems will "fry" at one point or another...like a light bulb
don't believe your new modem will last 15 years...it wont...but imagine in a few years what quality will be available

this morning the speed for exceed was a little slower 18.78...but...hughesnet was 0.28
a BIG differance
exceeds up-link was a little faster today

I watch commercials on tv about fios "speed match" ie uploads as fast as downloads...what a joke...downloads are ALWAYS way faster...as I understand it a 0.80 upload is fast...imagine if they match THAT...the internet would be horrible

[Edited on 3-18-2015 by Bob and Susan]

Russ - 3-18-2015 at 07:56 AM

Bob & Susan, I'm in the process of reserving a system now. A Cochi is suppose to have his system installed today.

all we can do now is wait and work hard

internet4baja - 3-18-2015 at 08:22 AM

It s hard to commision the modem on the working areas beacuse theres no phone service to call tec support and activate so please help us
so every installation that we say were going to do on the day gets done we dont wanna stood anybody up or not show up

send us full info were do you live and the name you want your modem to be regestered

gracias

Mula - 3-18-2015 at 08:28 AM

Internet4baja -

There is no phone service in San Nicolas.
I don't understand what you want from us.

Billing addresses?

internet4baja - 3-18-2015 at 10:06 AM

just your full name and how to get to your house but i got your email all ready

your name to activate the modem and regester it under the name provided and how to get to your house so our tec knows were hes going

Russ - 3-18-2015 at 07:41 PM

I have placed my order and hope to get an install date soon. There are at least 7 folks in Punta Chivato that have placed orders and more that will sign up soon as we pass the word on the service and speed. However..... I googled Excide and look at reviews and found
http://satellitecomplaints.com/exede-reviews/?wpcrp=2
Not too encouraging but almost anything will be an improvement over Hughes.

exede 12 mbps a total sucess

internet4baja - 3-18-2015 at 09:41 PM

todays installation are all done

david beck --installed
robert frambes --installed
james bryant ---installed
and Rick Etzle---installed

next on our list
Cudberto Bastida
jim pierce
marta king
and russ blackman

illkeep posting so we can do this in order and it doesnt get out of control

norte - 3-19-2015 at 01:50 AM

Wow. good job. I can remember not too long ago when everyone gave you a very hard time.

Did they apologize to you?

[Edited on 3-19-2015 by norte]

ncampion - 3-19-2015 at 07:31 AM

Internet4baja, can you address the many negative reviews posted in the link from Russ? The service sounds terrible and the customer service even worse. That's a lot of money to spend up front and then get poor service. Thanks

Russ - 3-19-2015 at 07:47 AM

Remember that few satisfied customers take the time to show their appreciation. Mostly angry customers make the most noise. He's done enough installs now that if his clients are angry there should be some complaints here by now. I'll let you all know how it is working for me next week when I get home and play awhile.

reviews

internet4baja - 3-19-2015 at 10:57 AM

well those reviews are from the Usa and i dont know if you know but over there clients are super mega use to having the best service

over there there services offering 150 mbps and exede only offers 12 mbps
unlimited and here you only get 10 gigas

some complaint are because they didnt know 10 gigas was the limit

but i have more then 300 unit installed in the area of ensenada and san felipe
and i have a verry clean name and reputation on my service

all i can say is read the bad reviews and read the good review and make a decision exede is 100 times better then whats out there(hughes)

you dont need a review to know that

merlin - 3-19-2015 at 03:51 PM

Will it work in San Juanico? Please contact me - I have several homes that will want service.

I sent you an email, too.

Thanks!!!

yes it work in san juanico

internet4baja - 3-19-2015 at 04:15 PM

to regester your modem i need at least a phone number from were ever in the usa

if you see your name on the list please porvide a usa phone number

vernon maron
2--bonnie vessel
3--ron westfield
4--robin vessel
6--bob snowden
5--rusell blackman

were getting everything ready once i pass your phone number youll be next to install

gracias

Russ - 3-19-2015 at 05:01 PM

I sent mine by e-mail with my US billing address two days ago.

Russ - 3-19-2015 at 05:14 PM

Just received this note:
Good news, Russ. The beach is now in a frenzy to get appointments, so it's good that you are on the list. Until the 2nd tech is here, I don't see how Isaac will ever keep up. Stay in touch.

Bob and Susan - 3-19-2015 at 05:35 PM

here is the ONLY problem so far...

it's so fast we are watching way more videos and
bigger webpages

before we would give up trying to download stuff and
would just "move-on"

we're burning gigs...

we already ugraded to the 25gig plan...
took 10 minutes using the chat service on the company website

this is the largest plan we can currently get...

we canceled hughes last night...had to insist that it was NOT on the billing period but NOW and they refund me money!!!
took 30 minutes on Skype...
that worked perfectly with the new service

nice

internet4baja - 3-19-2015 at 07:04 PM

im glad after a week with our serive you cancel hughes theres a wy of saving data from 12 midnite to 5 am is free program your computer to download and upgrade during that time

the road is clear so our other tec is packing bags and aheaded over please bare with us

Mula - 3-20-2015 at 06:35 AM

I'm interested on if Hughes will quit charging you.

There are some people who finally changed their bank account so hughes wouldn't have access to it to deduct money - but maybe I did not hear the whole story, too. . . .

Russ - 3-20-2015 at 04:20 PM

Just checked the DSL service I'm on up here.

SFandH - 3-20-2015 at 04:26 PM

That's slooooooow. Where are you?

Mula - 3-20-2015 at 05:17 PM

Hello .. . . it says he is in Punto Chivato under his name.

SFandH - 3-20-2015 at 05:40 PM

Hello, thanks.

beckitos - 3-20-2015 at 08:52 PM

:bounce:YAAAAAY! to Osiris, as promised. Here's the email we received from our most EXCELLENT neighbors, Steve & Jane Springer,
who allowed the tech into our casita in PC to install Exede. "You now have a modem and Steve saw downloads of between 16-19.96. Isaac said you need to contact the main office to complete the account. " No More Hughes or Banda Ancha! Muchas Gracias for the service as promised and for Springers for doing way more than opening the door.

Bob and Susan - 3-21-2015 at 07:07 AM

"the deal with the devil"

our internet is TOO fast!!!
webpages load completely every time...
this is a download and "data use"

we are "burning data" like a wildfire...

unless ALL apps on a smartphone or ipad are turned OFF you too will "burn data"

you will run out of your allocated "data" if you download movies...they take about 4gigs to complete

this system is GREAT!!! but you HAVE to budget your allocation or you'll slow to a snail OR pay through the nose.
anything big needs to be downloaded from 12am to 5am...you need to plan ahead

we had to upgrade to the 25gig plan as we are currently using 0.8 gig per day...

this SAT internet is FAST...
the service is averaging about 19mbps download
(hughesnet was 0.8mbps)

Russ - 3-21-2015 at 08:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
That's slooooooow. Where are you?

In Laguna Beach. My sister Doesn't want to switch and what ever this service is goes down as often as Hughes. And then you have to deal with the "Middle Eastern Techs".
B&S, I think I'm going to be in trouble with FAP too. I have two computers, 10 friends, printer, cameras, and a book reader. Of course most of the friends aren't here all the time but the 3 regulars are really good about usage. I think we'll learn to deal with it in a short time. It is going to be hard to figure out what to do with all the extra time I'll have waiting for for pages to load:?::lol: I hope the antenna install is beefy enough to handle our wind and Hurricanes.

SFandH - 3-21-2015 at 09:01 AM

Of course the slowness might be caused by the modem or interference on the wifi network. Have you tried a network cable to the modem?

Lots of troubleshooting info on the Inet.

travel pak

internet4baja - 3-21-2015 at 09:21 AM

its true our internet is super fast 19 megas
and you may run out data soon if you dont start managing your usage
theres a free zone from 12 midnite to 5 am try downloading during that time haevy downolads also turning down the resolution on videos ill save you up data

but we have a option its called the travel pak
if you buy this one time it will help you alot when you waitest your internet data instead of going slow you just slow down to 5 mbps which is still fast

Bob and Susan - 3-21-2015 at 11:19 AM

i think I need a more modern modem and so does russ...
better stop at best buy and get one russ

there are modems that cut off the internet after an allocated amount per day is used

with this I can assign a guest a password
when they "burn their data" they are done till 12 midnight

russ...it will only take one of your "friends" to say this movie is small hahaha...you'll be finished for the month

Russ - 3-21-2015 at 11:32 AM

I have a Lynksys router and I think I can program it for usage. It's already password protected. 4 days and counting ......

Bob and Susan - 3-21-2015 at 01:00 PM

read this...best article I could find
and not too long and boring
http://raisedbyturtles.org/limiting-daily-bandwidth-on-home-...

google your router to see if it can be set
i'll bet not

I have 2 different lynksys routers and both are "dinosaurs"

you have 4 days to get a new router...drive over to "frys"
they have EVERYTHING

Russ - 3-21-2015 at 02:44 PM

The other routers I have checked out don't have the external antenna connection I need. Thanks for the info. I will continue to search.

internet4baja - 3-22-2015 at 09:54 PM

HI ALL NOMADS

WERE DONE FOR THIS WEEK AND READY FOR THE NEXT ONE

OUR 2 TEC ARE NOW READY
ONE IS RIGHT NOW IN PUNTA CHIVATO(ISSAC)
AND THE OTHER IS IN BAHIA DE LOS ANGELES(MIGUEL)

ISSAC HAS 6 UNITS READY AND MIGUEL HAS 4 UNITS READY

TODAYS INSTALL WERE A TOTAL SUCESS

IN SAN NICOLAS
1.MARTA KING--INSTALLED
2.CUDBERTO BASTIDA--INSTALLED
3.BONNIE VESSEL--INSTALLED
4.JIM PIERCE--INSTALLED
5.ROBIN CONVERSE--INSTALLED
6.KURT FORGET--INSTALLED
7.WILLIAM FROST--INSTALLED
8JIM A-- INSTALLED
9RUBY GREEN --INSTALLED

TOTAL UNITS RESERVED 139 (NOT ALL ARE INSTALLED) 161 UNITS LEFT

exede set up IN BAHIA

internet4baja - 3-22-2015 at 10:03 PM

YES EXEDE WORKS AND NOT ONLY DOES IT WORK ITS FASTER THEN WHAT WE THOGHT TRY 19 MEGAS FASTER

NEXT ON THE LIST
1. RUSELL BLACKMAN
2.BOB SNOWDEN
3.GYPSY ALSPAUGH
4.BILL CLAUSE
5.VERNON MARON
6.RON WESTFIELD
7.PATSI HODGES
8.KIRK GRAY
9.GARY PINTER
10.JOSEPH DIORIO
11.DENNIS CHOATE

ISSAC WILL FINISH ALL 11 IN THIS COMING UP WEEK

WE DONT HAVE ANY RESERVATIONS FOR BAHIA AND WE HAVE 4 UNITS THERE DOES ANYBODY IN BAHIA OR CLOSE TO THE AREA WANT TO HAVE GOOD RELAIBLE AND MOST IMPORTANT FAST INTERNET

CALL OR EMAIL

Bob and Susan - 3-23-2015 at 05:49 AM

internet4 Baja...

I need a wireless router that I can program
to limit data usage per day

maybe with your contacts at exede you could recommend one
(price is no object)

Mula - 3-23-2015 at 05:58 AM

When you guys find the programmable route, please let us know, too.

Thanks.

exede routers

internet4baja - 3-23-2015 at 07:55 AM

yes we have programbeble router and special router for exede 110 dls the speacial ones the conserve data and can also limit data or 80 dls regular programeble routers

Pescador - 3-23-2015 at 08:04 AM

Poor Bob has suffered for years with slow download speeds from "the other company" and you can hardly blame him for going a little nuts at first. I am keeping my infinitum connection for awhile and think that will get me over the hump.

ncampion - 3-23-2015 at 08:09 AM

Sure would like to see if it reaches as far South as Loreto. We have DSL but it is quite slow and varies during the day.

joel - 3-23-2015 at 09:29 AM

What happens if you go over your monthly limit half way through the month? Do you get shut-off, "FAPped" or pay extra?

internet4baja - 3-23-2015 at 10:31 AM

you get fapd and your speed goes down to 0.5 unless if you buy the travel pak and if you run out of data your speed goes to 5 mbps

Pescador - 3-23-2015 at 08:18 PM

Jeez, that means it gets as slow under FAP as my Hughes net system was all the time?

yeah even when fap'd were faster

internet4baja - 3-24-2015 at 10:54 AM

we have our tec miguel in bahia de los angeles he as 3 units left anybody
that want to step in to the future this is the time

with exede you will be getting from 12mpbs to 18mbps
with exede web pages load up fast
exede 60 dls per month and 10 dls to buy 1 giga (its cheaper)
and most important its 10 times more relaible then starband and hughes put together

starband speed on a good day and if its working --0.80mbps
hughes speed if you pay top of the line plan ---1mbps

and exede on a bad day 12 mbps and 18 mbps on a good day

we can install in bahia or sorrounding areas
and issac will be installing in punta chivato and mulegue all this week

call or email
hamit_parral@hotmail.com 6461360495

larryC - 3-31-2015 at 09:06 AM

This thread has gone surprisingly quiet, are there any more Exede installs happening down there and is it still working OK?

willyAirstream - 3-31-2015 at 09:42 AM

They are all busy playing online poker and watching Netflix at the same time.

ignatz - 3-31-2015 at 10:14 AM

I know there is no Exede in San Jose, what is the best and fastest option there?

[Edited on 3-31-2015 by ignatz]

Russ - 3-31-2015 at 10:19 AM

Haven't heard any complaints yet and that maybe the reason this thread has gone quiet. The one complaint I have is the lower tier service should offer twice the band width. 5 systems were brought in yesterday and in two weeks there will be 10 more. Issac, the installer, has been kicking butt on installs. He's a good guy and I hope his boss knows what a treasure he has working for him down here.

were working hard

internet4baja - 3-31-2015 at 12:02 PM

yes issac is my most truested worker and he kicks butt

we havent posted anything beacuse were working hard

miguel is now in bahia installing hes 8 units
and issac is in posada and will be in chivato tomorow to set up 5 units

and we have sergio on his way to san juanico to install 4 units

and were getting ready to go to rancho las aguaja in the pacific side of la paz

im not going to lie we have runn into a little bit of obstacles
but were delivering on what we sayed we would

189 units reserved 111 units left

dont lose out on high speed internet

Excede Plan Upgrades?

Russ - 3-31-2015 at 12:56 PM

I was looking at the Excede web page and they offer different plans.
Are these available to us here too?

Bob and Susan - 3-31-2015 at 01:32 PM

I called exede...we get 2 plans...

10gig and 25gig for Baja
that's it for now

we actually need the "forever plan" other parts of the usa gets
unlimited data

Works great in Bahia de Los Angeles

bkbend - 4-2-2015 at 08:57 AM

Got connected late yesterday and working great. Install was fast and smooth.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4259123592.png

20.04 mbs down 4.32 mbs up

Question ??

captkw - 4-2-2015 at 08:59 AM

Is exide better than Hughes B.S. excuse for service ??

larryC - 4-2-2015 at 09:57 AM

Just by looking at the post above yours I would say that is a no brainer.

yes its better

internet4baja - 4-2-2015 at 06:41 PM

here is a quick over look
exede speed 18 mbps ---hughes speed 0.5mbps
exede monthlys 60 dls ---hughes monthlys 80 dls

we have our tec going to bahia de los angeles on monday if anybody want high speed internet let us know

and issac is in punta chivato kickin butt on the installs

and sergio is in san juanico (but i can get a hold of him probebly lost)

we dont want to take advantege of you

internet4baja - 4-5-2015 at 12:43 AM

HI NOMADS

I JUST WANT TO CLEAR OUT SOME STUFF THATS GOING ON IN BAHIA DE LOS ANGELES

IF ANYBODY WANTS A CHEAPER SYSTEM THEY CAN COME TO OUR OFFICE AND WE WILL BE HAPPY TO SELL YOU A AMERICAN UNIT FOR 200 DLS

AND IF YOU WANT IT EVEN CHEAPER YOU CAN GO TO OUR USA OFFICE AND GET IT FOR 100 DLS

BUT THE UNITS ARE AMERICAN AND IT ONLY WORKS AS FAR AS EJIDO ERENDIDA FURTHER SOUTH IT DOSNT WORK NO SIGNAL NO INTERNET NO
WAY OF GETTING IT TO WORK

UNLESS IF YOU DO WHAT WE DID
IF YOU HAVE 100,000 DLS AND WANT TO BUY SPACE ON A MEXICAN SATELLITE I CAN GIVE YOU THE NUMBER SO YOU CAN START SETTING UP
YOUR ACCOUNT

THERES THOUSANDS OF DEALERS AND CERTIFIED EXEDE TECNICIANS
WITH OVER 20 YEARS OF EXPIRIANCE
HERE IN CALIFORNIA THAT KNOW THE AREA YOU LIVE IN KNOW THE PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO GET TO THE PLACES

DO YOU THINK IF THERE WERE SIGNAL IN BAHIA OR IN MULEGUE OR IN LORETO THEY WOULD OF OFFER YOU EXEDE BY NOW

BUT INSTEAD WERE OFERRING THE IMPOSIBLE

WERE OFFERING YOU A 18 MBPS SERVICE AND NOT ONLY THAT WERE NOT INCREASING THE MONTHLY RATES (WHICH BY THE WAY SOME COMPANYS IN OUR POSITION DO )

WE KEEP IT SIMPLE 60 DLS NO MORE

IF YOU DONT LIKE THE PRICES DONT BUY THE PRODUCT SIMPLE RIGHT

YOU DONT HAVE TO TREAT MY TEC'S LIKE TRASH THERE WORKING AND WANTING TO WORK AND NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU

UNITS COST 440 DLS AND 210 DLS TO INSTALL FOR A REASON BECUASE THEY WORK

IS THERE CHEAPER UNITS?YES OF COURSE BUT AGAIN THEY DONT WORK WERE YOU LIVE

OSIRIS HAMIT ARGUELLES GUERRA
HAMIT_PARRAL@HOTMAIL.COM

Russ - 4-5-2015 at 06:03 AM

I for one appreciate you clearing up some the things I've heard. Doing business in Mexico has always been difficult to understand to some extent and to have things put in the correct prospective is refreshing. thanks.

Bob and Susan - 4-5-2015 at 06:37 AM

geezzz...try to have someone come down here for $650 to install ANY unit...it wont happen

this exede is perfect...just a little slower than FIOS in California...
amazing

the difference between hughes and exede is like day and night

its NICE to have internet again that works

last night we video skyped my daughter in texas...perfect signal...
no delay at all...wow

cell phone apps are a problem...they suck data.. the apps have to be OFF...

this new system is worth every penny...
my advice is dump hughes and get exede...what a difference

edit...im pretty sure exede made a special zip code for the SAT to have a foot print in Baja...American service wont work here...
we got lucky this time

[Edited on 4-5-2015 by Bob and Susan]

Mula - 4-5-2015 at 06:54 AM

I too really appreciate Osiris and his crew and his product.
No complaints here.
Just a big pat on the back for them.

Russ - 4-5-2015 at 07:49 AM

Has any one on Excede changed their plan for more GB's or purchased more GB's? I'm more than half way thru my allotted amount and would like any info on who to contact and what plan there is available here. However, before I upgrade I'll see how it works when I've gone over the limit. If it works as well as Hughes then Hughes is history!

Bob and Susan - 4-5-2015 at 07:58 AM

we did after the first day...$150 a month 25gigs

canceled hughes...worthless

we have a budget of 0.8 gigs a day
russ you have a budget of 0.3 gigs a day

we are averaging about 0.4 gigs a day without "friends"

I have a wireless router being imported that will limit data use per day...it cost $150 delivered USA

we are tracking use daily and during the day to make sure we don't our "budget"

Fastbird - 4-6-2015 at 08:26 AM

Russ, the Exede web site shows the plans , you can get 15 Gig for not much more than the 10 plan. If you go to my.exede.net you can just click the plan you want and upgrade on the spot. I talked to Exede and Via Sat both to straighten some things out and Via Sat gave me the phone number for the dealer "behind" our installs and accounts. The name is La Frontera Trailer park ( or something like that) I called and talked to Miguel who is Osiris's boss (in the USA) I ended up with both on the phone at once. You can download the Exede contract from their web site to know more about the business deal. Your install location might be in Douglas , AZ like mmine, you get free download from midnight to 5 AM local time, that might help you.

Russ - 4-6-2015 at 02:01 PM

Since this is a new service. I'm sucking up all the info I can at this time. I want to see what service is after being FAP'ed. I figure it will be another 10 +/_ days at my average now. Keep the info coming and I'll post if I encounter something new.

Bob and Susan - 4-6-2015 at 02:48 PM

fastbird...did you actually upgrade to a 15gig plan or someone just told you that you could?

when I talked to exede they said there are 2 plans for our "deal"
10gig and 25gig

i'm waiting for the "freedom plan" which is UNLIMITED gigs

larryC - 4-7-2015 at 08:33 AM

Bob
You've got a long wait. No such thing as unlimited gigs on a satellite system at least not in our lifetimes. Once we assume dirt temperature who cares?

Santiago - 4-7-2015 at 08:41 AM

Whatever happened to the fiber optic cable that runs along the road? 5 or 6 years ago that was all anyone talked about.

Bob and Susan - 4-7-2015 at 09:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by larryC  
Bob
You've got a long wait. No such thing as unlimited gigs on a satellite system at least not in our lifetimes. Once we assume dirt temperature who cares?

oh they have it...i'm not holding my breath though
http://www.exede.com/freedom

larryC - 4-7-2015 at 04:38 PM

Here is something that might interest Exede users: http://spacenews.com/35369viasat-2s-first-of-its-kind-design...
Viasat2 covers all of Baja and Mexico. Looks like a couple of years until it is launched but could be a good thing for all of us.

Fastbird - 4-7-2015 at 04:53 PM

Bob, I haven't changed from the 10 gig plan yet, but my agreement shows the 15 and 25 gig plans as weel as the Exede Web site.
Oh, and Issac we can upgrade to the 15 or 25 gig plans.

Bob and Susan - 4-7-2015 at 05:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Fastbird  
Bob, I haven't changed from the 10 gig plan yet, but my agreement shows the 15 and 25 gig plans as weel as the Exede Web site.
Oh, and Issac we can upgrade to the 15 or 25 gig plans.

go to your exede web page that shows useage and "chat" with them
they will tell you the "real" upgrades you can get...
and prices
10 and 25

it's soooo fast...compared to hughesnet

today we will use o.6gigs under our o.8gig budget
way over the 0.3gig budget for the $60 plan

if your name pop us contact us

internet4baja - 4-7-2015 at 08:58 PM

1.john wood
2.marcela liska
3.virginia reynolds
4.kathern mitchell
5.christine miller
6.shirley
7.patsi hodges-
8.kate butler
9.paul curtis
10.joe diorio
11.nancy chirms

if you see your name issac has your modem please email me or issac to coordane and finish this week all 11 units

hamit_parral@hotmail.com--6461360495
juliochavez6141@gmail.com--6644205429

Skipjack Joe - 4-7-2015 at 10:22 PM

Doug,

Does this website have a Means (get it?) to block users much like we block spams on our emails? This user has been spamming this website for months now.

Bob and Susan - 4-8-2015 at 04:50 AM

well...maybe you think so BUT...

I live here...and this new service is what we needed...

these people on the list will have REAL internet FINALLY in baja

remember some of us live in a world of no phones

our ONLY communication is email and sometimes this board...and facebook : )

bajadaze - 4-8-2015 at 05:33 AM

I need to get my name on that list.
Also, I have Pokey Hughes, And just a tidbit of info. Facebook will gobble up you data in a heartbeat.

greengoes - 4-8-2015 at 05:59 AM

Come on, the man seems to be offering a valid service that quite a few people want. Why jump on him? I have seen unabashed advertising here by several other members offering services that have less value than this person's.
 Pages:  1  2