BajaNomad

I am hoping for a ride from Ensenada..south

shari - 9-13-2014 at 08:02 AM

I am in Ensenada visiting my daughter and grandson and sure would like a ride south this coming week...in case anyone is heading south with a little space for me and a bag. Monday is the ideal day to get south before Odile comes to visit but tues or wed is fine too.

Easy pick up on the highway and drop off anywhere close to Guerrero Negro or Vizcaino...and of course free accommodation if you want to visit Asuncion!!!! Storm watching anyone?

[Edited on 9-13-2014 by shari]

acadist - 9-13-2014 at 09:02 AM

don't tempt me..........

shari - 9-13-2014 at 09:30 AM

I will throw in an abalone dinner to sweeten the pot!!!! hahahaha

bajajudy - 9-13-2014 at 12:52 PM

You better get on the bus!
Looks like you will be seeing more than you want of Odile.

Barbareno - 9-14-2014 at 06:04 AM

We are heading south today but won't be in the area for a good couple of weeks. By the looks of Odile you will want to be home right quick.

BajaBoomerBabe - 9-14-2014 at 07:54 AM

I am not driving thru until late Oct. but I would be happy to pick you up if I was going earlier. Stay safe.

Bajaboy - 9-14-2014 at 08:29 AM

Better get on the road soon or else you might be stuck for a while...See you next weekend! Hopefully we won't be in clean up mode.

BajaDanD - 9-14-2014 at 08:37 AM

Abalone is over rated. Wish I could help though Ill see you the last week of Oct as long as you don't get washed away. Be Safe

BajaDanD - 9-14-2014 at 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
I will throw in an abalone dinner to sweeten the pot!!!! hahahaha

Oh now I get it, you smoke the Abalone mixed in with your pot :bounce::bounce:

shari - 9-14-2014 at 08:41 AM

I am really having a hard time making a decision whether to stay up in ensenada or return tomorrow to face the fury. I usually dont feel so nervous but gotta admit I am worried and very tempted to stay safe here....but it would drive me crazy worrying about everyone too. What say you amigos? Gaze into that cristal ball....

micah202 - 9-14-2014 at 08:49 AM

,,,,right now the projections for Asuncion are showing what could be 2xMarie's winds with significantly higher wave starting early tuesday....but as you know-things can change

.... I don't envy your choices right now.

Bajaboy - 9-14-2014 at 08:50 AM

If it does go bad, the roads could be out for a while and who knows how long it would take you to get home....keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

David K - 9-14-2014 at 08:54 AM

What does Juan want you to do?

woody with a view - 9-14-2014 at 08:54 AM

keep in mind that the strongest part of a storm comes from the winds in the 12-3 o'clock quadrant. if it hits cabo that will significantly reduce the storm and that quadrant will be over land, thus diminishing the full brunt of the storm churning up waves. not to say it won't be bad......

2quirky - 9-14-2014 at 09:31 AM

Good Witch Glinda’s instructions, Dorothy (Shari) closes her eyes and clicks the heels of her red slippers (flip flops) together three times, repeating “There’s no place like home.”

DENNIS - 9-14-2014 at 09:36 AM

My mommy always told me, "Never leave home without a wallet full of protection, and never venture into the eye of a storm."
Stay safe, Mon Sharí.

shari - 9-14-2014 at 09:43 AM

Ah mon Deni...you are wise! The jury is still out but I sure appreciate the fortune telling!

mtgoat666 - 9-14-2014 at 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

yep, men always know, eh?

i would not travel in the storm, only would travel if could arrive at destination before storm. it's a chitty road to drive in the rain and wind

dtbushpilot - 9-14-2014 at 10:23 AM

My vote: If you can get there before the storm hits go, you will be needed to help. If not stay put, no sense in getting stranded on the road somewhere in a hurricane.

woody with a view - 9-14-2014 at 10:44 AM

this should help one way or another. the graphic says 100mph +/- winds at the blowhole! go now or else stay put.

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-hurricanes/tropical-stor...

[Edited on 9-14-2014 by woody with a view]

windgrrl - 9-14-2014 at 11:36 AM

Hey, girl,

If things didn't look so ominous, I would say follow your heart...it knows the way. But...there is now an advisory out for Canadians to avoid non-essential travel, so things are pretty serious.

Hope you managed to hitch a ride and will make it home on time. If not, you are a great help to others, even from a long distance away and will be a great help regardless.

Buena suerte,
W

David K - 9-14-2014 at 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Originally posted by David K

yep, men always know, eh?

i would not travel in the storm, only would travel if could arrive at destination before storm. it's a crummy road to drive in the rain and wind

The sex of a partner is not the issue in my question.
Spouses are one's life-partner... life threatening decisions or long distance travel are both conditions where both partners in a marriage should consult with each other on... I think.

desertcpl - 9-14-2014 at 04:28 PM

she must be on the road,,her last post was 0943

how long would it take for her to get back home

bump

[Edited on 9-15-2014 by desertcpl]

Bajaboy - 9-14-2014 at 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl

Or at the beach...:light:

chuckie - 9-14-2014 at 04:33 PM

Goat? thats one of several VERY stupid comments you have made lately...see a shrink....

chuckie - 9-14-2014 at 05:00 PM

I see nothing TIC about suggesting that people die because they are stupid, or making a sexist thing about someone consulting with their partner about an important decision....Thats sick...and stupid...

micah202 - 9-14-2014 at 05:08 PM

Quote:

...don't know her,,but shari seems like a trooper --I'd be surprised if she'd be anywhere but home.,and -if- a place survives,it's likely better to be there than try to travel there after.

...pretty nasty possibilities now but I'll still hope and spin and pray

BajaNomad - 9-14-2014 at 06:50 PM

Quote:

bump

I believe she's still in Ensenada this evening - or so it appears elsewhere (indirectly).

shari - 9-14-2014 at 09:07 PM

well, Bajaboy was spot on, I was at the beach with my daughter and grandson...trying to find an answer...should I stay or should I go now??? I usually have a very strong "inner voice" to guide me...so I have been watching for signs all day. We spent the day swimming and then had some of the best sushi I've had in years...all the while wringing me hands about what to do. I had pretty much decided to make a run for it to Asuncion on the first bus in the morning but reviewing the storm discussions, it seems Odile is moving much faster than I imagined. Getting home before things get hairy may be in question.

Perhaps all my hesitation is meant to keep my here in Ensenada out of harms way...as much as I would hate to miss the storm of the century. It's too late to get the night bus now too I imagine...tick tick tick...

I am very worried about everyone tonight down south. Please keep the reports coming.

Juan of course would rather I be there but knows I will follow my heart.

Bajaboy - 9-14-2014 at 09:10 PM

Quote:
well, Bajaboy was spot on, I was at the beach with my daughter and grandson...trying to find an answer...should I stay or should I go now??? I usually have a very strong "inner voice" to guide me...so I have been watching for signs all day. We spent the day swimming and then had some of the best sushi I've had in years...all the while wringing me hands about what to do. I had pretty much decided to make a run for it to Asuncion on the first bus in the morning but reviewing the storm discussions, it seems Odile is moving much faster than I imagined. Getting home before things get hairy may be in question.

Perhaps all my hesitation is meant to keep my here in Ensenada out of harms way...as much as I would hate to miss the storm of the century. It's too late to get the night bus now too I imagine...tick tick tick...

I am very worried about everyone tonight down south. Please keep the reports coming.

Juan of course would rather I be there but knows I will follow my heart.

At this point, I'd say stay put. Let me know what you hear from Juan.

shari - 9-14-2014 at 10:09 PM

since I couldnt get through to the bus depot to find out if there is a night bus...i have decided to heed your advice and stay put here in Ensenada instead of chancing getting stranded somewhere on the bus tomorrow. Thank you everyone for the sage advice...seems the universe bids me to stay...so no reports from me on this storm.
Perry and Juan are securing other houses and our own and bracing for the worst.

Be smart and be safe everyone.

mulegejim - 9-15-2014 at 06:14 AM

Quote:
since I couldnt get through to the bus depot to find out if there is a night bus...i have decided to heed your advice and stay put here in Ensenada instead of chancing getting stranded somewhere on the bus tomorrow. Thank you everyone for the sage advice...seems the universe bids me to stay...so no reports from me on this storm.
Perry and Juan are securing other houses and our own and bracing for the worst.

Be smart and be safe everyone.

Good that you stayed put.....better you be part of the solution than become part of the problem. Just my two cents for what it's worth.

shari - 9-15-2014 at 09:48 AM

Yes i am feeling ok withy decision but heart is heavy with the suffering

chuckie - 9-15-2014 at 01:45 PM

You made the right call....