BajaNomad

Anything from Mulege

Pages:  1  2

watizname - 9-21-2014 at 03:27 PM

Big Mike. Your reports are greatly appreciated. Thanks.:D

EngineerMike - 9-22-2014 at 09:02 AM

Anybody heard from Mulegina?

chuckie - 9-22-2014 at 09:12 AM

No...No power or such like in Loma Azul...

EngineerMike - 9-22-2014 at 10:13 AM

Just off the phone w/Bill Havig, he & Judy are staying at Hotel Mulege. Power just came on in town, first time. It'll extend as far as the lines are good and be on until its off/on/off/.... Supposedly they are starting line repair up by Sta. Rosalia & working south.

Sweetwater - 9-22-2014 at 11:39 AM

Congrats on getting power, the webcam cam back on line at about that same time.....hope everyone can recover from the nasty storm.

EngineerMike - 9-22-2014 at 11:50 AM

Power came on as far as Saul's store about an hour ago, so not sure how far out toward Loma Azul that goes. Saul also has water & phone.
Poco a poco.

Janzie - 9-22-2014 at 12:32 PM

Again you guys, thanks for keeping us up to date.

willyAirstream - 9-22-2014 at 01:24 PM

Power extends i bit further than Sauls, all the way to the river. Power, water, (almost full time) and tele are all working in town, from ice house road, behind the mission and central. Sure has changed everyones attitude. Smiles everywhere. Penguinos contiues to bring in stock, long lines, but no shortage of food. Mission water is out of commision, aqua 2000 is running 24/7 to filter water. Hwy Pemex pump broke this morning, should be fixed today. In town pemex opening soon. Internet available in most areas. Counted over 20 cfe trucks having lunch at the hwy pemex. And the politicians are out in force. IMM is asking all non mexicans if they need assistance, us consulate was here yesterday, Mex city tv crews are here etc.
They are watering the streets prior to picking up the muck, to keep the dust down. So, lots of in town detours. Poco poco
The atm is being filled more regularly.
Saw lisa maria yesterday, she is doing ok. The Luma Azul folks are seeking generators and pilas for the long haul.
Nuevo Mulege has power, but will not have water for quite awhile.

Elec is a huge boost in quality of life.

willyAirstream - 9-22-2014 at 01:44 PM

Looking to borrow a power washer for Gene Lees house, richard l. House, walters trailer and the jungla.
Only need it for one full day.

willyAirstream - 9-22-2014 at 01:44 PM

Looking to borrow a power washer for Gene Lees house, richard l. House, walters trailer and the jungla.
Only need it for one full day.

Mulegena - 9-22-2014 at 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EngineerMike
Anybody heard from Mulegina?
Here I am writing from beautiful downtown drying out mud-full'o' fun Mulege. Everybody's ok by and large. The river road was washed out but is one-lane up and through Huerta Don Chano and passable now. Loma Azul has electricity now for one hour. Still no telephone nor wifi up there and no water. We're doing fine all in all. Food -- even fresh cold food -- is available at two markets. All other grocery stores are digging out. The tortillarias are all closed so no one is eating tortillas - a national shame!

Immigration is here in town today checking if we foreigners are well, need help with hospitalization or calls to our respective embassies. Very nice of them.

I guess Cabo San Lucas was impacted pretty darned hard and infrastructures are over-extended. The national president and his cabinet were there this week. The state president was here in Mulege on Saturday. The Mulege County government is stepping up and getting our town electrics and water fixed. This is excellent because the state and federal governments are diverting all assistance to Cabo and La Paz which were truly harmed far greater than we.

All's well now that we finally have electrics back on-- it's still so damned hot & humid. Come on town water!
Thanks, Everyone, for your good wishes and thoughts for Mulege.

chuckie - 9-22-2014 at 02:56 PM

Good news! Super to hear from you ....Worried....

URGENT REQUEST

Posada-BushPilot - 9-22-2014 at 03:01 PM

A Rotary Club in Oregon has just donated the material we need to operate our fogging operation!
We desparately need to get this marterial transported to Mulege ASAP. It is located near Bend Oregon and consists of 6 cases, 2 2 1/2gal. boxes per case. Partial acceptance is OK. Anyone in Central/Eastern Washington, Oregon, Northern idaho or Canada planning to head south soon? We can meet you at the locale of your choosing for the sake of convenience.

Tons of very positive KARMA awaits the person or persons that steps up. We have had Dengue Fever outbreaks before in mulege that resulted in a fatality. Let us not let history repeat itself.

We cannot rely on the Feds this time around. Their resources are streached big time.
Thanks for considering this vital mission.

Rotary Club of Mulege

oops

Posada-BushPilot - 9-22-2014 at 03:06 PM

Guess contact info might be helpful:

Randy cell: 916.203.7500 or email: kasakepee@gmail.com:bounce:

shari - 9-22-2014 at 03:07 PM

I think you should put this request in a separate thread so it isnt buried and more people will see it...it is snowbird season so this should be possible.

willy airstream; pressure washer

mulegemichael - 9-22-2014 at 07:02 PM

richard....go to our house tomorrow and tell adan i told him you could borrow the pressure washer....i think he is all done with our house and patio already....let me know if this works for you....mike.

willyAirstream - 9-23-2014 at 06:04 AM

Thanks Mike! I will message Adan right now

willyAirstream - 9-24-2014 at 01:12 PM

Several large trucks arrived to today passing out permanent quality mattresses and food packages containing the basics, rice, beans, chili's, flour. A new military group arrived helping with street clean up.

Dump truck after dump truck are removing mud from the Oasis. Contrary to rumor, elec is being supplied to Luma Azul and Oasis now.

Govt. Emergency Disaster personnel are going door to door, checking on people.

Payment vouchers were passed out today to help with individual clean up costs, this will happen for a different colonia daily, note atm will have huge lines after voucher cards are issued, today it was at 10:30

Life is getting better here.

EngineerMike - 9-27-2014 at 03:44 PM

Talked at length to Saul Davis this morning. They opened the family store today, first time after clean up. Earlier I had informed him the Mulege Rotary funds would allocate $3,200usd to food packets thru his family, about $40,000mn. He & his familia have disbursed about 3/4 of that amount, in packets ranging from $100mn to $500mn, and will complete the balance in the next few days.

With 4ft of water in his store during the flood, all inventory below water line had to be carefully inspected & washed if it was to be donated. They took good care (sadly borne of prior flood experience) to see all packet contents were of good quality. "I can sleep with clean conscience that we have taken good care of our customers," Saul said.

Two large packets went to the Mulege orphanage (it was news to me and others that such exists, but they are regular customers at Saul's for better part of a year now), run by a young lady, Laura Sanchez. She had a hard time in the flood and was apparently put out of the rented house for several days. I have folks assembling info on her operation to post here when available. "Good lady," says Saul. I mention it here because a few kind hearted folks are stopping by Saul's to put money on her credit bill, and perhaps a few more would like to assist in that or another manner. Ask at Saul's if you are one of those.

Poco a poco, electricity is getting patched in, water pipes getting repaired. Rumor is water to south side of river early next week. Thank God for rumors, right?

Mulege en Movimiento was mentioned earlier in this thread iirc, and elsewhere; its an Asociacion Civil (A.C. or non-profit) targeting improvement of Mulege and headed by Jorge Yee w/an assist by our own Willy Airstream (or maybe more than an assist?). $4,000usd was wired to them yesterday for action in town.

In yesterday's mail, came two checks. Chivato Association had earlier pledged & now delivered a $1,000 boost to the relief effort. And a Washington state couple sent in a check and heartfelt letter totaling $1,500 plus profound well wishes for Mulege. So the relief kitty jumped to over $10,000 yesterday, over $8,500 of it received (some pledged funds are outstanding). Rotary is considering what to do w/the balance as we speak.

This has been, no exaggeration, unprecedented.

bajabuddha - 9-27-2014 at 03:59 PM

Mike, a triple heart-felt HIP-HOORAY to you and your group, especially Saul, for all you have done and time donated as well. Thank you from those who cannot be there in the flesh to pitch in.
bb

willyAirstream - 9-27-2014 at 05:10 PM

Water rumor busted. Trenching and pipe laying has begun on both sides of the river. Trenching is still going on at 6pm. They appear to be laying high above river water level as possible.

Mike, I am just the office boy :)

bajamoosey - 9-30-2014 at 07:30 PM

Hola Mulegians; Did I say that right? My husband Gary and I here in British Columbia are so very far away from you today but will be returning in November. We fly down but if there is something that we are allowed to bring with us we will bring it. Bob and Susan thanks for the pics, and everyone else posting pics. Thank you Mike for making the donation process easy. We donated today but I am sure that you will put the money to good use. If someone sees Javier from Las Casitas please send our best. Heart felt wishes for everyone - P & G

willyAirstream - 10-8-2014 at 01:21 PM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=75739

In case you missed it.....
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=75739

Thanks to the Rotary, over 550 needy people of Mulege recieved care packages. Pics in above link.

Sweetwater - 10-8-2014 at 10:27 PM

Great photos Richard....thanks for all the efforts to keep us informed about the local Mulege realities. Stay well and enjoy.....
 Pages:  1  2