BajaNomad

Diesel in Baja Sur

dosgringos - 9-27-2014 at 06:53 PM

Driving south from Tecate to La Paz next Thursday. Looking for info on diesel availability particularly in Baja Sur. Gracias.

chuckie - 9-27-2014 at 09:14 PM

please do a search on this subject...lotsa good info..been covered many times

Bob and Susan - 9-28-2014 at 05:51 AM

no shortages ...all stations open and have fuel

I made "the run" last week

there is a HUGE effort to keep EVERY station full of fuel
outstanding idea

Diesel

bajaguy - 9-28-2014 at 06:06 AM

Depends on if you need ULSD (Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel) - Baja only, or LSD (Low Sulphur Diesel) - Baja Sur.....

chuckie - 9-28-2014 at 07:06 AM

Here we go again ....

cerritosguy - 9-28-2014 at 10:16 AM

perfect if i need it ill top it up along the way..filling up in US before i go this year as the fuel is 50cents or more a gallon cheaper in the states..BIZARRO

bigmike58 - 9-29-2014 at 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
please do a search on this subject...lotsa good info..been covered many times

Chuckie, You have posted on this thread twice with enormous amounts of helpful info for the OP.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you seem to be hovering over your keyboard ready to pounce and type 24/7. Why not be helpful and answer the question? especially when you see it's their first post.. I don't get it...:?::?::?::?::?:

Dosgringoes, Welcome to BN, You will have no problem finding fuel as Bob has replied. Bajaguy has also replied on the two types of you will get and where. If you drive a truck that has a DPF, you will eventually have problems after running LSD diesel in a ULSD truck. How many tanks of LSD will it take??? Mine took about 12-15 before I has issues..

Have a great trip and remember to slow down when you approach an uphill turn to the left- if a truck is coming he will most likely be partially in your lane.

chuckie - 9-29-2014 at 07:20 AM

Well, BM, I suggested the search feature because thats what it's for, and this subject in all of its various combinations was covered in great depth just a week or so ago. It usually fractures off into discussions of low sulfur, filters etc. Trying to save the man some time. Thank you so much for jumping in....

dosgringos - 9-29-2014 at 07:37 AM

Thanks for the input. Haven't seen any solid info on availability since Odile in Baja Sur, thus the post. Wasn't looking for anything other than that. Have driven down many times and I'am very familiar with my fuel requirements. Thanks.

chuckie - 9-29-2014 at 07:42 AM

Have a great trip, you should have no problem finding diesel per the input so far here and on other threads....The price difference is astounding isnt it? Used to be just the reverse...

cerritosguy - 10-3-2014 at 10:11 AM

thx for the post on diesel availablity!

graceland - 10-7-2014 at 09:34 AM

Just got home from La paz, Most Pemex stations in la paz had Diesel, but a few did not. Fill up early and often, You never know in THE BAJA