BajaNomad

TONIGHT: Graham Mackintosh Lecture Oct. 16, 2014

David K - 10-8-2014 at 04:15 PM

Baja Nomad 'Graham' will be sharing stories from his recent expedition to entrance of Scammon's Lagoon and Malarrimo Beach areas of central Baja!

http://www.discoverbaja.com/event/dbtc-graham-mackintosh-lec...

Get ready for a night of entertainment as legendary Baja author Graham Mackintosh regales us with tales of his latest Baja Adventures. Join us Thursday, October 16th at 7 pm at Liberty Station in San Diego for this special evening. Please RSVP early as this is sure to be a popular event.

Graham Mackintosh is the author of the Baja books “Into a Desert Place,” “Journey with a Baja Burro,” “Marooned with Very Little Beer,” and “Nearer My Dog to Thee.” www.grahammackintosh.com

Thursday, October 16th at 7pm (doors will open at 6:30)
Liberty Station – NTC Command Center
Meeting Room 1
2640 Historic Decatur Road
San Diego, CA 92106
Directions to NTC Command Center

Free for Discover Baja members.
$5 for nonmembers.

RSVP to ask@discoverbaja.com or 800-727-2252

[Edited on 10-16-2014 by David K]

BajaBlanca - 10-8-2014 at 05:08 PM

That is my neck of the woods! sure wish we could be there!

David K - 10-8-2014 at 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
That is my neck of the woods! sure wish we could be there!

Don't you need some supplies from the USA? It's only 500 miles away!! :cool:

Skipjack Joe - 10-9-2014 at 02:28 PM

If Gary has a power point document he could do a gotomypc session and nomads could watch and listen from anywhere on the peninsula. That would be nice.

David K - 10-9-2014 at 02:55 PM

Who's Gary? That sounds great!

BajaBlanca - 10-16-2014 at 12:00 PM

bump

David K - 10-16-2014 at 03:49 PM

Baja Angel and I plan on attending... hope to see some amigos.

carlosg - 10-16-2014 at 04:30 PM

This sounds great... an opportunity to learn about Baja... see you there amigos...:tumble:

David K - 10-16-2014 at 04:31 PM

Hope there is still available seating... do RSVP before their office closes at 5.

David K - 10-17-2014 at 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by carlosg
This sounds great... an opportunity to learn about Baja... see you there amigos...:tumble:

It was nice to meet you last night, Carlos! Hope we can do some Baja exploring with you.

Graham was in great form last night, the folks were getting lots of funny stories as he summarized his 4 books through slides, then added the newest adventures as he returned to the island, the sierra, and finally back to Malarrimo beach area. The photos of our friend and Nomad 'Desert Rat' (Ronnie of Laredo Texas) who narrowly escaped death trying to climb Diablo solo were intense.

Thank you Graham for a great show... the full house last night really enjoyed it.