BajaNomad

Doug Means

Mike Humfreville - 12-23-2004 at 09:44 PM

Thanks for all your efforts and moderation that keeps bajanomad.com alive and functional. I can only guess that it's a major consumer of your time. I don't open the Google Ad pages enough but I am working on it and hope this endeavor is all worth your work on our behalf.

Merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year. May the world all work toward living in peace together.

bajalou - 12-23-2004 at 10:01 PM

I too thank you Doug And a very merry and happy to tou and yours.

:biggrin:

Amen to that!

bajalera - 12-23-2004 at 10:36 PM

bajalera

David K - 12-23-2004 at 11:29 PM

Humble is he, and a very good man, all around! Merry Christmas to Doug and his entire family!

Ditto

academicanarchist - 12-24-2004 at 06:53 AM

Many thanks to Doug for operating this forum.

bufeo - 12-24-2004 at 08:13 AM

I'm not a frequent user, but I, too, would like to add a "Thank you, Doug" to this thread.

Doug

Baja Bernie - 12-24-2004 at 08:18 AM

Thanks for holding us all together.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Bernie

Otra Vez

Natalie Ann - 12-24-2004 at 10:07 AM

I also add my thanks, Doug.
Feliz Navidad y Prospero Ano Nuevo

Yes Thank you Doug

Sonora Wind - 12-24-2004 at 02:27 PM

Though I hardly ever write. I come here first, every time I'm at a computer. Thanks everyone for adding happyness to my new year.:cool:

Que te pasan feliz Noche Buena

Eli - 12-24-2004 at 03:56 PM

Doug and family. As always thanking you for putting up and providing a most entertaining connection to home. I always think of you and the kids visiting Dad at the hospital, and what a good family you have. What a great smile you have, expect having those wonderful kids at your side provides that for you.

Sinceremente, Sara

Bob and Susan - 12-24-2004 at 04:13 PM

Yes Doug....

Merry Christmas from Bob and Susan Frambes
:yes::yes:

JESSE - 12-24-2004 at 04:58 PM

All the good Karma i have to Doug.

BajaNomad - 12-24-2004 at 07:47 PM

Wow!

A great big thank you to all of you.

Mike H: Thank you for your well wishes.

It is a pleasure to be the host of such an active place online for those with interests in line with my own. Frankly, I'm a Baja fanatic. I love the place - and love exploring it. From the border to Land's End and everywhere in between.

I enjoy time behind the wheel driving - especially remote exploring - and am a natural nomad. Growing up in San Diego, I love the coast - and while attending school in Tempe (AZ), I developed a real love for the desert. With remote roads, desert and sea (and frankly, a population of people that can remind you of what's REALLY important in life), I found an as yet undying fascination with Baja California, M?xico.

Regarding the board, moderating posts - and dealing with the various conflicts here - is the most time consuming part of running the board. It helps to have people report problems they find, as it would take that much longer to go through everything everyday. And as far as moderating, I'm just trying to do my best in making decisions. Referee's sometimes blow a call, but they're generally trying to do their best. Same thing here.

It's very pleasing when there are no/few conflicts going on.

Bernie - Although limited, I've enjoyed the time spent with you over the course of the year. You are a very kind soul and I feel very fortunate for the connection.

DK - Feliz Navidad amigo. Thank you for all your kindness - AND your Baja enthusiasm.

Grover - I wish you joyous times with your family through this holiday season. My thoughts are with you.

Natalie Ann - A wonderful scene that you've shared. Thank you so much.

Sara - The kids and I feel extremely fortunate for the time we were able to spend visiting with you, your father, family and friends. We continue to remember - and comment about - those brief, but very special moments together. Thank you for your kind and thoughtful comments.

Jesse - It's been an absolute pleasure to meet and spend time with you this year. I hope the trend for such will continue.

Hose A, Lou, Lera, aa, bufeo, Sonora Wind, Bob & Susan - Thank you all for your kind comments.

To all of you, and everyone reading this:

Best wishes for a wonderful holiday time - hopefully with close family and friends - and to a fantastic new year - one with good memories being made while spending time along the peninsula of Baja California.

Regards,
--
Doug Means

[Edited on 12-25-2004 by BajaNomad]

Neal Johns - 12-25-2004 at 02:19 PM

Good dog! Doug, and Merry Xmas, too.

Neal and Marian Johns:yes:

Thanks for all your work

thebajarunner - 12-25-2004 at 05:16 PM

May this be a joyous Christmas,
a terrific and prosperous New Year,
may all the squabblers get arthritic fingers,
and, may we work a Cup race in this year.

Feliz Navidad amigo

Baja Arriba!!

Thanks Doug

MexicoTed - 12-26-2004 at 04:56 PM

I can imagine all the time and work put into the best message board out there. Doug you do a super job!
Ted

El Jefe

Baja Bernie - 12-26-2004 at 07:45 PM

Doug, Thanks for your kind words and a lump of coal you'll never recieve from me.

Doug...

Mexray - 12-26-2004 at 09:08 PM

Of course, Ditto's to all the above, your efforts to support your Baja Nomad Board are certainly among one of life's pleasures for all we "Baja California" nuts, and amigos!

The untold (did I just spill the beans?) joy of being able to chat, communicate, or 'joust' with fellow Baja Nomads each day or so, is just plain fantastic!

Sure, there are other places to talk about Baja, but Baja Nomad as grown into something 'special' to all of us here...the information shared, the thoughts brought forth, the opinions tossed, are all of value to us...sure, some more than others, but none-the-less, of value, in our love of Baja California and it's people.

Mil Gracis, amigo...