BajaNomad

MAKE ME AN OFFER I CAN'T REFUSE...BEACHFRONT HOUSE IN BAHIA ASUNCIÓN

Udo - 10-31-2014 at 03:01 PM

I HOPE I DON'T GET A HIJACK THIS TIME

http://www.bajabargainbeachfrontcutie.com

[Edited on 10-31-2014 by Udo]

BajaBlanca - 11-2-2014 at 05:25 PM

so, your house is close to Ed and Jean's place?

Good luck with the sale and sure wish it was ahappenin!

Pompano - 11-2-2014 at 05:33 PM

Let us know your asking price, Udo. I have some fishing buddies with deep pockets who might be interested in getaway place.

I know the layout quite well and have explained all that to them. I know most of the pros and cons already. Now if it only had salmon offshore it would be a sure thing.

And good luck.

Bajaboy - 11-2-2014 at 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Let us know your asking price, Udo. I have some fishing buddies with deep pockets who might be interested in getaway place.

I know the layout quite well and have explained all that to them. I know most of the pros and cons already. Now if it only had salmon offshore it would be a sure thing.

And good luck.

$149,900

Pompano - 11-2-2014 at 05:38 PM

Muchas Gracias, Bajaboy....I should have seen that. Seems doable. Any current photos of the neighborhood?

Bajaboy - 11-2-2014 at 05:42 PM

Quote:
Muchas Gracias, Bajaboy....I should have seen that. Seems doable. Any current photos of the neighborhood?

The neighborhood is changing rapidly. A nomad just finished work on a beautiful two story place just up the road and lots of others houses going in as well. I can take some pics if you need them. I'll be down there in three weeks.

Udo - 11-2-2014 at 08:02 PM

Other than the new lagoon at the entrance to the town, nothing has changed, Roger.

Quote:

Udo - 11-2-2014 at 08:04 PM

Thanks for chiming in, Zac!

Udo - 11-2-2014 at 08:06 PM

BTW...

Next week I'll be at the hospital all week. The doctors are going to reassemble my innards to the proper organs, and I won't be walking around with an eliostomy bag around my waist any more.

MMc - 11-2-2014 at 08:09 PM

LIKE!!

jbcoug - 11-2-2014 at 09:46 PM

Great news Udo!

Skipjack Joe - 11-2-2014 at 11:01 PM

Hooray. Sincerely happy for you.

Udo - 11-3-2014 at 08:53 AM

However, I will still need to be connected 12 hours a day to an IV, called a TPN, which is a nutritional supplement.
The doctors won't know when I'll be off the bag after the operation.

I know my stomach will handle a lot of food now, but how much of it will be retained as nutrition, is the big question they can't answer because everyone is different.

Bajaboy - 11-3-2014 at 09:10 AM

Udo, there you go again hijacking your own thread:biggrin:

shari - 11-3-2014 at 09:22 AM

I often thought it would be great for some Nomads gulars here in Asuncion to get together and organize this place like a time sharing where a few go in on it...it is such a great house and totally ready to just show up and have a party!!! We have many great party memories of this place when Laurie & Jim owned it, when Iflyfish rented it and we had a new years party!, and of course Udo & Jana are the ultimate hosts for parties too.

Hook - 11-3-2014 at 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy

I resisted pointing that out all last night!!!! :lol:

Third time's the charm????

[Edited on 11-3-2014 by Hook]

DianaT - 11-3-2014 at 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy

I resisted pointing that out all last night!!!! :lol:

Third time's the charm????

[Edited on 11-3-2014 by Hook]

Hey, just go with the hijack --- it keeps it bumped up! :biggrin:

Just mention the house each time.

Udo, best of luck in the hospital and I hope you get out of there quickly and everything is working well. And I do hope a buyer comes along quickly for the house.

dtbushpilot - 11-3-2014 at 10:24 AM

Good luck on the surgery buddy, please don't share the pictures with us.;D

Oh, and to avoid a hijack, We really enjoyed staying in your house, it is a great place. Someone is going to get a great deal...

BajaRat - 11-3-2014 at 11:46 AM

Fingers and toes crossed Amigo, on both fronts :spingrin:

Udo - 11-3-2014 at 03:30 PM

Mil gracias, amigos!

elgatoloco - 11-3-2014 at 06:25 PM

Best of luck!

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
BTW...

Next week I'll be at the hospital all week. The doctors are going to reassemble my innards to the proper organs, and I won't be walking around with an eliostomy bag around my waist any more.

Udo - 11-3-2014 at 07:35 PM

Thanks!!!

Maron - 11-3-2014 at 09:36 PM

Udo

thoughts and prayers for you next week. You and your wife are great people.
We believe all will be good.

Ron and Mary Ann

DocRey - 11-3-2014 at 10:23 PM

Prayers from me also.

Udo - 11-4-2014 at 10:13 AM

I really appreciate your sincere sentiments. And last evening Lobsterman (who happens to be working nearby) came by to visit me at the apartment, and wish me the best on my operation.
(He also dropped off some fish filets and some of his now famous hot sauce, whom for the initiated, is very hot and made from home made ghost chiles). I had a few drops on a teaspoon and it was REALLY HOT!

motoged - 11-4-2014 at 10:30 AM

What about that house for sale....?;D

Udo - 11-4-2014 at 10:31 AM

It is still for sale!

[Edited on 11-4-2014 by Udo]

[Edited on 11-6-2014 by Udo]

Lobsterman - 11-6-2014 at 06:51 AM

Udo,

It was nice meeting with you the other day at your home. You are looking great considering what you have been through recently.

I know how tough this man is. I brought over to his house this week some of my "Kiss of Death" hot sauce (10-chili hot and 16-chili hot, versions of my basic hot sauce recipe) and some deep-water rockfish I caught. Udo, you see, use to be a hot sauce tasting judge so I wanted an expert opinion on my new batch of Carolina Reaper (world's hottest pepper) hot sauce. He went to the kitchen and got a spoon. Next, to my horror, he shook many drops of my hot sauce onto the spoon. As he was about to consume the spoonful of hot sauce, I tried in vein to stop him but to no avail. I could see the headlines now, " Man with no intestines ......by Lobsterman". Usually just a few drops immediately turns your face white and your nose starts to run as you search for a glass of COLD milk to try to put the 20-30 minutes long-lasting scorching fire out. He on the other hand looks matter-of-factly at me with his normally calm demeanor and says "um that's hot" but showing no side effects what so ever for just taking a large amount of the hottest hot sauce in the world. Then immediately, he's off on another subject like he just had a drink of water. That's one tough hombre. Good luck next week with your surgery to put Udo back together.

Udo, I've been extended to work at John Wayne for another 2 months so I'll bring you the CR seeds you requested (100) for you to grow and distribute.

[Edited on 11-6-2014 by Lobsterman]

wessongroup - 11-6-2014 at 07:39 AM

Good show ... and good luck to the both of ya ... :):)

woody with a view - 11-6-2014 at 04:36 PM

get well, Udo!

Kgryfon - 11-6-2014 at 05:06 PM

Yes; get well, please!

Udo - 11-6-2014 at 07:06 PM

I should be well-er in about two weeks!

pepegaspar - 11-7-2014 at 05:25 AM

Would you care to sell me the Baja Bug? :saint:

Udo - 11-7-2014 at 11:15 AM

Perhaps it is for sale...what are you offering?

The bug is a 1966. Everything original except for some body mods, lights, and tow bar. The garb needs to be de-gunked from it sitting around so much, but parts are available all over Baja.

When I registered the bug in South Dakota, they made pay taxes on the value of $7,500USD because of the "classic car" value. It has been driven about 400 miles since I have owned it.

Udo - 12-10-2014 at 06:15 PM

BUMP!

elgatoloco - 12-10-2014 at 06:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
BUMP!

I see your feeling well enough to do the bump, at least. :saint: Hope you and familia have a Happy Holiday and a HEALTHY New Year!

David K - 12-11-2014 at 07:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  
Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
BUMP!

I see your feeling well enough to do the bump, at least. :saint: Hope you and familia have a Happy Holiday and a HEALTHY New Year!

ditto!

Also tell Jana happy birthday from her friends here!

Udo - 12-11-2014 at 09:23 AM

Long term lease available also. Make offer!

Udo - 12-12-2014 at 09:32 AM

Bump

DianaT - 12-12-2014 at 08:53 PM

Another bump --- We just hope this is sold very soon!!

When we had our house next door, we LOVED this location --- it doesn't get much better and the locals are wonderful

[Edited on 12-13-2014 by DianaT]

churro - 12-13-2014 at 05:48 PM

Glad to see you are up and posting Udo! Best of luck on the sale