BajaNomad

Server Problems?

monoloco - 11-3-2014 at 06:58 AM

Has anyone else noticed a problem with pages loading slowly and getting server error notices on this site lately?

wessongroup - 11-3-2014 at 07:24 AM

Nothing on the "pages" but, have noticed the server down a couple of times

Pompano - 11-3-2014 at 07:36 AM

Yes, I've noticed that problem, too. It seems that maybe the server has been down more than a few times in the last couple of days. I was going to chalk it up to sunspots...and the Northern Lights shining in my window.

BajaNomad - 11-3-2014 at 08:08 AM

The only recent issues I'm aware of were:

1) Two name service issues over the past two days, with one being for an extended period through Saturday morning (and a shorter period last night). While this server was still running, you just couldn't reach it because of the name service situation.

2) Server errors were experienced during the Hurricane Odile situation. That was the highest amount of daily/hourly traffic for this site thus far. Learned a few things from that.

Doug

rts551 - 11-3-2014 at 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Has anyone else noticed a problem with pages loading slowly and getting server error notices on this site lately?

yes I noticed it as well. A lot slower than other sites I have accessed. And yes it was completely out for a long period or time.

pauldavidmena - 11-3-2014 at 09:48 AM

I notice that the site was unavailable one or twice over the weekend, and the DNS glitch you mention would explain it.

BajaNomad - 11-5-2014 at 08:02 PM

Seeing more database connection errors right now. Will be investigating. fyi

J.P. - 11-5-2014 at 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Seeing more database connection errors right now. Will be investigating. fyi

Earlier tonight I experienced the same thing especially on this site. I attributed the problem to my Telnor Service maybe not.

Skipjack Joe - 11-6-2014 at 01:53 AM

I get Nomad connectivity issues frequently at around 5AM. This is so regular that I decided that backups were run at this time of day. Everything clears up in an hour or two.

Hook - 11-6-2014 at 11:36 AM

I experienced a long period this AM where Nomads was unavailable, yet all other sites I frequent were up.

Pompano - 11-6-2014 at 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
I experienced a long period this AM where Nomads was unavailable, yet all other sites I frequent were up.

Me, too. Not a big deal, as my doc says I should try to reduce my addictions.

BajaNomad - 11-6-2014 at 01:12 PM

Another name service issue this morning. Server was up, you just couldn't get to it because of this.

Still working on it. FYI