BajaNomad

San Diego to Punta San Carlos Nov. 21-convoy?

bryanmichaelmeyer - 11-10-2014 at 09:50 PM

Hey!

I am new to this site. My gf and I are headed south to Punta San Carlos for 5 days and was wondering if anyone else is headed in that direction on the 21st for a convoy?

thanks,

Bryan

[Edited on 11-11-2014 by bryanmichaelmeyer]

fishbuck - 11-10-2014 at 10:02 PM

Lets rent a plane! First Flight at Brown Field!!! Cherokee 6.

fishbuck - 11-10-2014 at 10:06 PM

About 150 mph straight-line. Like 200/hour. Maybe 1000 miles to San Carlos. You do the math.

bryanmichaelmeyer - 11-10-2014 at 10:12 PM

not sure all my gear will fit in that plane!

David K - 11-11-2014 at 08:07 AM

It will, it's a big plane... Have a Baja Fog when you arrive to set the mood!

See the Solosports Resort (Punta San Carlos) on the 'Trail Of Missions' TV Special, Sunday Nov. 16, 12 noon Pacific, CBS Sports Network.

[Edited on 11-11-2014 by David K]

BooJumMan - 11-11-2014 at 08:42 AM

Yeah I wouldn't worry about joining a convoy. I'm sure there will already be several en route.

woody with a view - 11-11-2014 at 09:50 AM

the next 6 weeks is HIGH SEASON in Baja! :barf:

Tomas Tierra - 11-11-2014 at 01:29 PM

The road should be fairly sporty! Have fun!

bryanmichaelmeyer - 11-11-2014 at 05:27 PM

awesome thanks for all the heads up. i tried to contact solo but no answer email/phone about their camp sites. i have never been so not sure how it works when it looks like their season is over from their website.

woody with a view - 11-11-2014 at 05:38 PM

bring everything you require. they'll be there, but better to be safe.

mojo_norte - 11-11-2014 at 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bryanmichaelmeyer
awesome thanks for all the heads up. i tried to contact solo but no answer email/phone about their camp sites. i have never been so not sure how it works when it looks like their season is over from their website.

just pull in and pick a camp spot. It's off season but there's always someone there- you may or may not be hit up for camping fee. Don't forget your mountain bike !

bryanmichaelmeyer - 11-12-2014 at 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mojo_norte
Quote:

just pull in and pick a camp spot. It's off season but there's always someone there- you may or may not be hit up for camping fee. Don't forget your mountain bike !

Thanks! I do want to bring my bike but it costs more than most vehicles on the road down there so not sure that is a good idea. thoughts?

woody with a view - 11-12-2014 at 10:08 AM

it'll be okay. if you walk away from almost anything in Baja it is considered abandoned and will be grabbed up quick. the other campers and Solo guys won't touch it.

cpg - 11-16-2014 at 12:02 AM

I am crossing the border on the 21st in the morning around 7 heading south going to Bay of La the 1st night.

carlosg - 11-17-2014 at 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
About 150 mph straight-line. Like 200/hour. Maybe 1000 miles to San Carlos. You do the math.

How many people fit in the plane? How does it work? If we stay somewhere in Baja for a week, when the plane drops us off and returns to the US after leaving us at our destination all the time traveled for the plane (back and forth) is accrued and when picking us up the same deal?

Bajaboy - 11-17-2014 at 11:32 AM

We have three vehicles crossing Friday as well. Looking forward to exploring a bit and enjoying Tuna day with friends and family.

MMc - 11-24-2016 at 10:35 PM

The water is a bit cold but the surf and wind will be at your back. you will get waves and wind. Treat your gear just as you would in the states. There are some fun single tracks around there. It's just a day's drive south, take the bikes and boards and kill it.

Quote: Originally posted by bryanmichaelmeyer  
Quote:
Originally posted by mojo_norte
Quote:

Thanks! I do want to bring my bike but it costs more than most vehicles on the road down there so not sure that is a good idea. thoughts?