BajaNomad

Has anyone else been burroessing the new software?

Whale-ista - 12-2-2014 at 10:15 PM

I burroume others have noticed this problem. But maybe Doug hasn't been able to fully burroess the impacts of the new software on certain messages.

It seems to burroiduously scan for a$$, and insert "burro."

But then it ignores those same 3 letters in various words: Lasso? check. Massage? ok. Class? no problema! Bass? fine...

How oddly arbitrary...

BajaNomad - 12-2-2014 at 10:45 PM

:lol:

Doug's aware.

Doug's working on a number of things BajaNomad site-related - and has to choose priorities.

Thank you for your diplomatic angle, and your kind patience and understanding.

BajaNomad - 12-2-2014 at 10:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Whale-ista  

...it ignores those same 3 letters in various words: Lasso? check. Massage? ok. Class? no problema! Bass? fine...

How oddly arbitrary...

It won't accept/save the word with a trailing space. Leading space es no problema.

;)

Whale-ista - 12-3-2014 at 08:34 AM

thanks Doug- I appreciate you keeping the site going.

This is such a strange glitch!

got a mirror?

durrelllrobert - 12-3-2014 at 04:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  
Quote: Originally posted by Whale-ista  

...it ignores those same 3 letters in various words: Lasso? check. Massage? ok. Class? no problema! Bass? fine...

How oddly arbitrary...

It won't accept/save the word with a trailing space. Leading space es no problema.

;)

drawkcab ssa

Bajahowodd - 12-3-2014 at 05:59 PM

In all of the years I have been posting on this site, I have always wondered why the most benign of curse words were not able to be posted.

Seriously Doug, the Nomad family is fairly mature.

Bruce R Leech - 12-3-2014 at 06:14 PM

Keep it clean Doug there are kids that read Nomads.

shari - 12-4-2014 at 08:07 AM

Actually I kinda like the glitch...like a secret language...most of us know what the deal is and for me it's like where's waldo...finding the burros...hmmm I am easily amused eh!

David K - 12-4-2014 at 08:33 AM

Funny Shari... Canadians have such a fun way to see the world! :light::bounce::biggrin:

willyAirstream - 12-4-2014 at 09:57 AM

I see 2 minor problems

1. In the email alerts to subscribed posts, the link is not active. Also, It would be nice if it linked to the last post instead of the last post, like it used to.
2. I need to log in on each visit.

David K - 12-4-2014 at 10:04 AM

Hi willyAirstream,

I hope Doug can fix all the issues for you, I cant's address #1 as I don't have any email alerts, as I come here daily with a bookmark to Today's Posts.

As for #2, I never log out, so I never need to log in, unless I am on a different computer. Is that an option for you?

willyAirstream - 12-4-2014 at 10:36 AM

It logs me out once I leave the site. I don`t log out on purpose. Email alerts for subscribed post are easier than bookmarks for me.

Bajahowodd - 12-8-2014 at 05:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willyAirstream  
It logs me out once I leave the site. I don`t log out on purpose. Email alerts for subscribed post are easier than bookmarks for me.

And that is such a burden? With all the nasty stuff happening on the internet, I would never leave a site knowing that I had not logged off.

BajaBlanca - 12-8-2014 at 06:45 PM

I love this glitch too but I was nonplussed at first (((:

Brinloor - 12-9-2014 at 05:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  
:lol:

Doug's aware.

Doug's working on a number of things BajaNomad site-related - and has to choose priorities.

Thank you for your diplomatic angle, and your kind patience and understanding.

Of course we are diplomatic Doug. The software leaves us no choice :P:P

I'm with Shari, it's more fun than crosswords.