BajaNomad

Norman Roberts is in Baja

bajajudy - 12-28-2004 at 12:18 PM

For any of you who do not have a copy of Norman C. Roberts' Baja California Plant Field Guide....pobrecito. As I told Norman, it is the book I use the most. It is a comprehensive study of plants of Baja with color photos of many of them.
Norman and his fiance, Sandy, just stopped by La Choya Book Shop to deliver a case of his books and, while he was here, he agreed to autograph 25 of them for us. These are available in Mexico only not from our web site.
So if you happen to find yourself in the San Jose del Cabo area, you can pick up one of these special copies.
David K...do you have an autographed copy of this title?

David K - 12-28-2004 at 12:39 PM

Hi Judy, I do have the book (not autographed) and as you can see from the scan of it here, it is heavily used by me and my passengers! It is one of three books I always have in my truck on Baja trips. Ask Norm to email me and/or Bernie... We would love to meet him and the Baja Book Author signing party at Keri's Pyramid Resort is a great opportunity. If I have another Viva Baja event, I would invite him to attend.

David K - 12-28-2004 at 12:44 PM

Here's one of the other two books I keep in my truck (the third is the Baja Almanac).

bajajudy - 12-28-2004 at 01:11 PM

Yep, we always have those three as well(my Plant Guide is in about the same condition!) and that is why those were some of the first books we obtained for our webiste.
FYI we are the sole distributors of the Sea Challlenger books in Baja.
Norman is on his way to hook up with some friends in La Paz, I believe. I doubt that we hear from him until he is back in the states.

TMW - 12-30-2004 at 08:10 AM

David have you been to the cactus on the cover of the field guide.

David K - 12-30-2004 at 10:13 AM

Not specifically, but here is my truck with some of giant cardons in the background near where the Robert's photo was taken... South of L.A. Bay in Valle la Bocana/Llanes de San Pedro. I am pointed east not far from the entrance to San Pedro canyon and Rancho La Bocana (mis-named San Pedro in the Almanac)

[Edited on 12-30-2004 by David K]

Tall Cardones

bajajudy - 12-31-2004 at 07:45 AM

This is my husband(6' tall) standing at the base of a cardon which is on the Vizcaino Peninsula somewhere between the turn off for Malarrimo Beach and Bahia Tortuga. We tried to find the tallest one and finally decided on this one although their were many others to choose from.