BajaNomad

Jimmy Smith's Grave

David K - 12-28-2004 at 04:07 PM

Baja Bernie sent this to me to post...
Having been touched by Jimmy's kindness, this is sad for me... He did bring many, many smiles to those who were fortunate enough to have known him.

David K - 12-28-2004 at 04:08 PM

Gypsy Jan - 12-28-2004 at 07:05 PM

The Year 2004,

opened and closed with tragedy and great loss;

each in its own arena, profound.

I, for one, am looking forward to diving headlong into Year 2005.

R.I.P

Capt. George - 12-28-2004 at 08:05 PM

Thanks for the laughs Jimmy!!!

George y Deborah

Gypsy

Baja Bernie - 12-28-2004 at 08:25 PM

Hope the water is ten feet deep and that it is warm and soothing to the soul. Spend a little time and then rise up and attack life with a smile on your face as Don Jimmy would have done.
Happy New Year.

Thanks David!

[Edited on 12-29-2004 by Baja Bernie]

[Edited on 12-29-2004 by Baja Bernie]

Ay, What beautiful roses!

Eli - 12-29-2004 at 06:31 PM

No doubt from Dad's garden, and a sure sign that Dona Lupe continues her vigilence of her dearest "P-nche Gringo". Ay que Dona Lupe, she always refered to the ol Man with greatest adoration as she would pinch his cheeks; "Ay que mi P-nche gringo, como te adoro!"

Roses and Hummingbirds, these are what always, always bring the old man back to me.

Did you know that the Azteca believe that hummingbirds are warriors returned from the dead? How kind of the powers that be, that the colibri are everywhere I turn since Pop took off to the other side.

Saludos, Sara

[Edited on 12-30-2004 by Eli]

Lo Siento

Baja Bernie - 12-30-2004 at 04:09 PM

When I asked David K to post the wonderful pictre of Don Jimmy's grave I was in far to much of a hurry to share it with all of you. In my haste I failed to mention that Wild Bill had sent it to me after he and I had shared our thoughts of Jimmy at the last Discover Baja Christmas Party. Bill had taken the picture while he was visiting with Don Jimmy very recently.