BajaNomad

Baja hospitality from Lupe @ El Nido

Edie H. - 12-28-2004 at 09:29 PM

It was suggested that I share our experience over Christmas weekend with all of you. This is my "Thank You" to David K. & Baja Bernie for a wonderful weekend..........

=============
A Big Thank You Bernie & David!!

Just got back from spending Christmas weekend in Rosarito and wanted to make sure to thank you both for a wonderful time. We had won the two dinners at your Viva Baja party to El Nido restaurant and decided to see if Lupe would honor the free dinners even though it had been well over a year since we won them. We went through town Christmas Eve day around 1pm to locate some artisan stores we had heard about and to also find the restaurant for later that evening. We finally found the restaurant and decided to go in and see if it was going to be open for dinner or closing early like most others.....who do you think was standing by the bar but Lupe. We introduced ourselves to him and our connection to the tickets etc. He got this BIG smile on his face and was instantly our friend. We sat for awhile at the bar with cervesas, eating chips and salsa when lo and behold he brings out a plate of fresh cheese and tortillas "on the house" because we are "friends of Bernie"!! We felt so welcomed there that we ate our "free dinner & DRINKS" that evening and ate every other meal there as well. When we asked him why we didn't have to pay for the drinks....he said "you have my card and it's good for everything". We left a very generous tip and departed for our hotel room feeling like we had made a friend for life.....I think we really did. The food was wonderful and the atmosphere very warm. Saying Thank You to you both just doesn't seem to be enough.....but a new memory of someplace we've only passed by on the toll road has been created. I'm sure we'll stop off to have something to eat there more often than we ever would have thought before you introduced us to Lupe & Antonio @ El Nido.:)

David K - 12-28-2004 at 09:55 PM

Edie and Steve, you folks are really great sports and have attended many of our gatherings, including The President's Day Campout at Nuevo Mazatlan and Matomi Gang reunion, the Baja Cactus Cultural Fiesta, and Viva Baja 4 where you won the door prize Bernie brought from El Nido... http://vivabaja.com/vivabaja4 Thank you for your participation and having a Jeep that didn't even break down!:yes: