BajaNomad

Puerto Lopez Mateos

DianaT - 12-29-2004 at 09:35 AM

Is there camping at Puerto Lopez Mateos? We have a small fiberglass trailer.

Thanks----We love Baja and are glad we found this forum

Diane and John

vgabndo - 12-29-2004 at 11:36 AM

Welcome to the board!! A few years ago we were able to camp on the shore line near the light house, but a local who didn't like Gringos made a point of parking next to our van, putting his speakers on the roof and cranking up the volume in the WEE hours of the AM. Also, it was worth paying attention to the wind direction because of the fish processing plant. Beautiful place for a small boat though, and we were able to get "up close and personal" with the Ballenas Gris. I'm sure others will have "fresher" info. Oh, before I get whacked...we saw the whales from a Mexican boat before the new restrictions. Enjoy!!

bajajudy - 12-29-2004 at 03:00 PM

Check in at the Cameron Feliz and ask for Saul. I am sure that he can help you. They even have inexpensive rooms if you are interested.
You also might try doing a search on this board as there have been alot of ??? about Lopez Mateos recently.

i go there every month and yes you can camp walking

capt. mike - 12-29-2004 at 06:12 PM

distance to the whales concessions. our clinic is end of runway next to cannery, RVers etc always there during season. want specifics? pm me and i'll pm you my ph. no.